Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 2nd Aug 17, 12:40 PM
    • 13,894Posts
    • 43,204Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 2nd Aug 17, 12:40 PM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 2nd Aug 17 at 12:40 PM
    It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 314th page.

Thanks to 3010 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that 3010 very kindly posted on the old thread so I have copied it here. .

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4742377

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 117
    • redagila
    • By redagila 18th Jun 19, 5:26 PM
    • 4,502 Posts
    • 15,115 Thanks
    redagila
    I've just completed the survey & told them that if they force the app on us I shall resign after many years of taking part.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 18th Jun 19, 9:00 PM
    • 63,816 Posts
    • 283,155 Thanks
    beanielou
    Have to say I wont use the app either.
    I am sick of the whole malarky to be honest.
    Too many cubes.
    All these SAturday postings and the constant having to chase them up for LTS vouchers I am due. I always feel that they dont believe me when I say I havent received the vouchers.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • Money_Grabber13579
    • By Money_Grabber13579 18th Jun 19, 10:38 PM
    • 3,008 Posts
    • 1,485 Thanks
    Money_Grabber13579
    Out of interest, what is it about the app that people don’t like? I’m curious as I have found it quite useful, as it can identify my closest postbox, being the one i’ve just posted the items in and it gives me something to do on the walk back home again!

I can also see their point about wanting data to the nearest minute, as for instance, if you posted something at 09.36 and rounded that to 09.40, but the postman happened to collect the mail at 09.39, then they’re results would be skewed, as the results would show it being posted after last collection but it was actually posted before. I happen to think that if we’re signing up for this, we should do it as accurately as possible, but maybe that’s just me...
    Northern Ireland club member No 382
    • need an answer
    • By need an answer 19th Jun 19, 7:08 AM
    • 1,711 Posts
    • 2,049 Thanks
    need an answer
    Not everyone has a phone that supports the use of apps.

My MIL is in her 70's and does the postal panel as a way to supplement her stamps and actually she quite enjoys the daily trek to the postbox or post office as it gets her up and out of the house. theres nothing to say that using her computer to log onto the website she is any less able to record the accurate time of posting...you can still enter 9.36 as opposed to 9.40 or whatever.

Shes reasonably proficient using a computer for data entry ,but as phones go shes got a basic DORO its all she needs and all she wants.

If the app becomes the norm its going to feel that she and those who are likeminded are being excluded by their resistance to update their mobiles.

one shoe doesn't fit all.
    Last edited by need an answer; 19-06-2019 at 7:10 AM.
    in S 25 T 8 F 29
    out S 29 T 11 F 32
    2017 -32 2018 -33
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 19th Jun 19, 8:13 AM
    • 2,799 Posts
    • 13,805 Thanks
    NBLondon
    As a an ex-panellist - it makes no difference to me but I wouldn't find the app any help either; I'm perfectly capable of remembering the box I used and the time that I posted (by the archaic method of looking at my watch). If it was going to be some time before I would be able to log on - there's a low-energy analogue solution of a pen and paper in my jacket pocket.
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
    • custardy
    • By custardy 19th Jun 19, 12:42 PM
    • 34,546 Posts
    • 29,280 Thanks
    custardy
    As a an ex-panellist - it makes no difference to me but I wouldn't find the app any help either; I'm perfectly capable of remembering the box I used and the time that I posted (by the archaic method of looking at my watch). If it was going to be some time before I would be able to log on - there's a low-energy analogue solution of a pen and paper in my jacket pocket.
    Originally posted by NBLondon
    Thing is. This thread alone proves some panelists cant even manage the basic aspects of the survey.
    Real time posting data and GPS provides accurate data.
    The same tech RM use to verify collections.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 19th Jun 19, 5:51 PM
    • 19,240 Posts
    • 48,846 Thanks
    elsien
    I don't mind the app, I find it more convenient than cranking up the laptop just to log a letter. When it works.
    Just had a reply to say they're doing an app update in a few weeks and to let them know if the problem persists.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • littlemoney
    • By littlemoney 19th Jun 19, 8:41 PM
    • 288 Posts
    • 209 Thanks
    littlemoney
    Using the app assumes you have access to a device on which apps can be installed. If they expect you to log the posting as soon as you have put it in the post box then they assume you have a contract with a data allowance not a pay as you go phone. If I could install the app I would wait till I get home to log the posting so what difference does it make if you use the app or log into the internet on a Windows computer
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 20th Jun 19, 1:06 PM
    • 2,346 Posts
    • 2,088 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    Typical, the day on which my post doesn't arrive until 6.10pm (yesterday) it doesn't contain any test items to record to highlight the late time!
    • libra10
    • By libra10 20th Jun 19, 1:51 PM
    • 11,768 Posts
    • 270,097 Thanks
    libra10
    I've won the 10 daily draw today, the second time since I started doing the panel several years ago.
    • GetRealBabe
    • By GetRealBabe 20th Jun 19, 5:31 PM
    • 2,197 Posts
    • 2,424 Thanks
    GetRealBabe
    I've won the 10 daily draw today, the second time since I started doing the panel several years ago.
    Originally posted by libra10
    Hi

Well done. I've won it a couple of times as well, but not lately.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 014-Finally got a signature.

• tomvox
    • By tomvox 22nd Jun 19, 1:33 PM
    • 128 Posts
    • 105 Thanks
    tomvox
    Correctly Delivered Survey invite just hit my inbox. Get in quick folks!
    • General Grant
    • By General Grant 22nd Jun 19, 2:18 PM
    • 985 Posts
    • 978 Thanks
    General Grant
    Correctly Delivered Survey invite just hit my inbox. Get in quick folks!
    Originally posted by tomvox
    I received email time around the same. Logged on within 20 minutes - no pop-up (other than one about why I hadn't downloaded the app).

I know the slots are supposed to go quickly but I sometimes wonder whether there really are any and they just want you to log on.
    • redagila
    • By redagila 22nd Jun 19, 6:48 PM
    • 4,502 Posts
    • 15,115 Thanks
    redagila
    I suspect they now do the surveys in different areas each time. Presently I have had a number of UMS & about to do a CDS from Monday. Before that I went a few months with no invitations & yet earlier I used to do them on a regular basis. The workings of this company are certainly a mystery.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 22nd Jun 19, 8:05 PM
    • 63,816 Posts
    • 283,155 Thanks
    beanielou
    I suspect they now do the surveys in different areas each time. Presently I have had a number of UMS & about to do a CDS from Monday. Before that I went a few months with no invitations & yet earlier I used to do them on a regular basis. The workings of this company are certainly a mystery.
    Originally posted by redagila

They certainly are.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • jools1985
    • By jools1985 25th Jun 19, 11:37 AM
    • 183 Posts
    • 413 Thanks
    jools1985
    I have a medium parcel to post today - 2 cubes later this week. What does everyone say is inside a medium parcel that is light as a feather? I've never had to post one of these before.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,283Posts Today

8,145Users online

Martin's Twitter