Air Norwegian Claim - Thoughts

Comments

• iarniee
    iarniee Posts: 96 Forumite
    Update:

Had an email back an hour ago saying the nominated funds from my complaint have been sent over.

So I guess my complaint was successful.

Thanks all
  • dickydonkin
    dickydonkin Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 11 November 2019 at 2:21PM
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    Presumably the OP has put in a claim for flight delay. Whether or not that will be successful is probably open to debate, but I don't think it unreasonable to get in touch with the airline to chase up the claim after 6 weeks.

If the airline has not responded within 28 days then the OP should forward their grievance to the CAA.

As for the likelihood of a successful claim, there is a a legal precedent that stipulates that EU airlines cannot cite technical faults as 'extraordinary circumstances'.
    iarniee wrote: »
    Update:

Had an email back an hour ago saying the nominated funds from my complaint have been sent over.

Thanks all

Edit to add: I missed your post before submitting mine - well done!
  • cubegame wrote: »
    It obviously wasn't a serious issue as the pilot wouldn't have left you sat on the plane.

As others have said you should chalk it up to experience and move on.

Exactly, and it doesn't have seem to have been serious enough for it to be reported as an incident.
  • iarniee wrote: »
    Obviously key checks weren't done if there was an oil leak

As a licenced aircraft engineer, I can tell you that it's not obvious at all.
    Any component can break and this may happen 6 months after it was last inspected or 6 minutes after.

I've seen a new engine fitted into a helicopter and on the very first run it started leaking fuel due to a cracked pipe.
    where the crack had occurred was impossible to inspect as the pipe is covered by insulated lagging which can't be removed by line maintenance engineers.
  • iarniee
    If the airline has not responded within 28 days then the OP should forward their grievance to the CAA.

As for the likelihood of a successful claim, there is a a legal precedent that stipulates that EU airlines cannot cite technical faults as 'extraordinary circumstances'.

Edit to add: I missed your post before submitting mine - well done!

Thanks, glad I made the complaint before seeking advice on here as most people to suggest to bite the bullet and move on.

Shocked to be honest... However, don't ask you don't get.
  • Most people on here probably assumed you were looking for something above and before the normal EU compo, tbf.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Update:

Thanks all

Thats a coincidence

you first posted on here today, and then on the same day you hear you have your "nominated funds".

what do you mean by that ? did you put in an eu compo claim and that has been successful?
  • iarniee
    photome wrote: »
    Thats a coincidence

you first posted on here today, and then on the same day you hear you have your "nominated funds".

what do you mean by that ? did you put in an eu compo claim and that has been successful?

I made the complaint 6+ weeks ago, 26th September, was looking for advice this morning. Checked my emails and had a reply, hell of a coincidence yeah.

And yes what else would I be referring too?

I put the EU compo + expenses claim in.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    I made the complaint 6+ weeks ago, 26th September, was looking for advice this morning. Checked my emails and had a reply, hell of a coincidence yeah.

And yes what else would I be referring too?

I put the EU compo + expenses claim in.

Could have been anything, so clarification is good

thank you
  • dickydonkin
    dickydonkin Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks, glad I made the complaint before seeking advice on here as most people to suggest to bite the bullet and move on.

Indeed....!

There are too many who tend to offer ‘advice’ who know very little of the subject matter.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people answer questions with questions.....but there you go, that’s the nature of the beast I suppose.

I cannot even believe people are questioning the validity of your success for a very valid EC261 claim.

Well done for following your own instincts!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure