Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Comments

• 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    yvonnee - suggest you read Vauban's Guide first then if you want to try and contact fellow passengers (will really be of zero assistance if claiming) quote flight number and date.
  • Pmcm_2
    Pmcm_2 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Hi All,
    Just a quick update on my case, especially for anybody considering appealing a stay! My case was stayed awaiting the outcome of the Barnes case, I paid my £50 to apply to have the stay set aside and this is the reply I received:
    Application dismissed. The oral hearing of the defendants application for permission to appeal in A00BL834 is due to be heard in Liverpool on 9th July 2015 and in those circumstances the application is premature.
    I will just have to wait for the outcome on 9th July!
  • Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Pmcm wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Just a quick update on my case, especially for anybody considering appealing a stay! My case was stayed awaiting the outcome of the Barnes case, I paid my £50 to apply to have the stay set aside and this is the reply I received:
    Application dismissed. The oral hearing of the defendants application for permission to appeal in A00BL834 is due to be heard in Liverpool on 9th July 2015 and in those circumstances the application is premature.
    I will just have to wait for the outcome on 9th July!

Pmcm,
    Unfortunately true, although at the time of your request to remove the stay RA had been refused permission to appeal ......but since then, have been given permission for an oral hearing in July.
    Whilst Judge Jenkinson's judgment should still stand and is still current, courts are keeping stays in place (although not all) until after the appeal hearing.
    We'll see what early July brings.
    Good luck and keep going.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • Thanks to the excellent advice on this forum I received a cheque from Ryanair dated 5th june for £366.25. This relates to flight FR5952 from Bournemouth to Palma on 6th SEptember 2014 . Two passengers and flight delayed for 5 hours. Ryanair ignored 2 letters - used the templates provided. I wrote to CAA on 24.05 15. They replied on 28.05.15
  • Dr_Watson
    Jacqui88 wrote: »
    Thanks to the excellent advice on this forum I received a cheque from Ryanair dated 5th june for £366.25. This relates to flight FR5952 from Bournemouth to Palma on 6th SEptember 2014 . Two passengers and flight delayed for 5 hours. Ryanair ignored 2 letters - used the templates provided. I wrote to CAA on 24.05 15. They replied on 28.05.15

Well done Jacqui88! :j:beer:
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

• lonegroover70
    lonegroover70 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 28 June 2015 at 8:08PM
    Flight FR 7823 Prestwick To Barcelona 5.30pm June 15th Can anyone help ?
    Our plane from Prestwick was due to leave at 5.30pm for Barcelona but left at 6.05pm as far i know it was due to air traffic control. However, we were just in the air in no time when we had to land at stansted due to a technical fault with the plane(attendants words) and had to change planes, refuel, and suitcases moved from the plane. We were then due to land at Barcelona and about to land the plane when we suddenly had to go back into the air due to a plane still being on the ground. We arrived in Barcelona 213 minutes late(over 3 plus hours late. Therefore the scheduled arrival time was 21.10pm but we landed at 12.43 Spanish time.Lead attendant said anyone wishing to claim any potential compensation must visit the Ryanair info desk in side the airport but as we discovered all were closed and we missed all connections trains and buses to our destination in Sitges. Got a taxi at 1.45am as we had no choice and it cost 55 euros !!! Wife and i stressed to the eyeballs with Ryanair customer care simply diabolical. Can folks give me their thoughts on compensation ??? thanks
  • ReiverToo
    ReiverToo Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Well the NBA was sent a while ago but answer came there none so it's time to initiate legal proceedings through ESCP.

I'm still a little unclear, however, as to what evidence and documentation I should be including along with copies of Form A. For example, our flight took off from France to the UK and so I contacted the DGAC (French equivalent of the CAA). They were helpful and contacted RA on our behalf who, apparently, responded to the effect that they would not be paying compensation. The DGAC said that, in their opinion, compensation was payable and that RA "should not be exempt from liability".

So my question is whether copies of this correspondence should be submitted with Form A or whether it would be better left until RA respond to the to the court's request for information, if indeed, they respond at all?

Many thanks, as always...;-)
  • Dr_Watson
    ReiverToo wrote: »
    Well the NBA was sent a while ago but answer came there none so it's time to initiate legal proceedings through ESCP.

I'm still a little unclear, however, as to what evidence and documentation I should be including along with copies of Form A. For example, our flight took off from France to the UK and so I contacted the DGAC (French equivalent of the CAA). They were helpful and contacted RA on our behalf who, apparently, responded to the effect that they would not be paying compensation. The DGAC said that, in their opinion, compensation was payable and that RA "should not be exempt from liability".

So my question is whether copies of this correspondence should be submitted with Form A or whether it would be better left until RA respond to the to the court's request for information, if indeed, they respond at all?

Many thanks, as always...;-)

ReiverToo,
    Yes it's Form A time for you indeed.
    On this in section 8, just state that you have tried to reason with RA and that they are not even replying to you.
    You can state that you have had correspondence with DGAC and that they say that your claim is valid but, RA are still not paying.
    No need to send any copies of this with your Form A, your Form A is purely to instigate court proceedings which RA cannot ignore.

When RA respond to this with their 'Answer' we'll use the basis of the findings from DGAC and the current case law to rip their answer to bits.
    So,
    Good luck and keep going

• Dr_Watson
    Flight FR 7823 Prestwick To Barcelona 5.30pm June 15th Can anyone help ?
    Our plane from Prestwick was due to leave at 5.30pm for Barcelona but left at 6.05pm as far i know it was due to air traffic control. However, we were just in the air in no time when we had to land at stansted due to a technical fault with the plane(attendants words) and had to change planes, refuel, and suitcases moved from the plane. We were then due to land at Barcelona and about to land the plane when we suddenly had to go back into the air due to a plane still being on the ground. We arrived in Barcelona 213 minutes late(over 3 plus hours late. Therefore the scheduled arrival time was 21.10pm but we landed at 12.43 Spanish time.Lead attendant said anyone wishing to claim any potential compensation must visit the Ryanair info desk in side the airport but as we discovered all were closed and we missed all connections trains and buses to our destination in Sitges. Got a taxi at 1.45am as we had no choice and it cost 55 euros !!! Wife and i stressed to the eyeballs with Ryanair customer care simply diabolical. Can folks give me their thoughts on compensation ??? thanks

lonegroover70,
    Welcome to the Ryanair forum,
    Thoughts on compensation?
    Technical fault with the plane first used for your flight.
    That's a claim in my book, sure there may be other circumstances involved in this one.....but your delay is predominantly caused by a tech issue.
    Vaubans guide and my post #569 for some worthy reading are your next steps.
    Good luck and keep going.

• ReiverToo
    ReiverToo Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Dr_Watson wrote: »
    No need to send any copies of this with your Form A, your Form A is purely to instigate court proceedings which RA cannot ignore.

Many thanks. Time to reach for the cheque book and pay the court fees...;-)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback