Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• TamsinC
    TamsinC Posts: 625 Forumite
    Options
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Tamsin, you are doing what you can.
    You are sensitive to her mood and her body language, and not just steaming in with the big guns, which is great.

It may sound trite, but ensuring she gets good food, and drinks enough water etc., will help too, as that will help the brain too.

Have you read about the effects of gut probiotics on brain function? It's very interesting. I believe it can help with mood and some mental illness too, believe it or not.
    Obviously, it's not a short-term thing, but might be worth looking into.

I have been taking good probiotics for a couple of years, and more recently have started drinking kefir water (not the milk-based one, which I didn't like).

I'm sure you've looked into it, but it is worth noting the side effects associated with the medications she is taking. Sometimes they are surprising.
    She is vegan, and therefore cooks for herself rather than eating rubbish ready meals. She seems to have it cracked. I think she eats well and often enough - she doesn't clean up after herself well when depressed but that's another issue.

I've tried buying her vitamins etc but she won't take them - I've given up now as it was costing me a fortune. I will try suggesting kefir water but I won't hold my breath.

I have read about the gut brain connection and it is indeed very interesting.

Many thanks for your help.
    “Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex
    Wonderfully unfathomable, natural world” Tim Minchin
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I feel dreadful today. I woke early with thumping headache and my stomach is in knots. Cue lots more crying. A year ago today was the last normal day.

I want him back so much it hurts all over.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Lambyr
    Lambyr Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, Torry. Sorry to hear you're struggling. I don't drop in much but I have been thinking about you.
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lambyr wrote: »
    Hi, Torry. Sorry to hear you're struggling. I don't drop in much but I have been thinking about you.

Hello Lambyr! How are you?

How's the job going and everything?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Pyxis
    Options
    TamsinC wrote: »
    She is vegan, and therefore cooks for herself rather than eating rubbish ready meals. She seems to have it cracked. I think she eats well and often enough - she doesn't clean up after herself well when depressed but that's another issue.

I've tried buying her vitamins etc but she won't take them - I've given up now as it was costing me a fortune. I will try suggesting kefir water but I won't hold my breath.

I have read about the gut brain connection and it is indeed very interesting.

Many thanks for your help.
    WaS might be able to give you more of an insight than me. I don't know if she's up to posting at the moment, though.
    WaS if you're there, thinking of you and WaSp.:A
    I feel dreadful today. I woke early with thumping headache and my stomach is in knots. Cue lots more crying. A year ago today was the last normal day.

I want him back so much it hurts all over.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• Lambyr
    Options
    Hello Lambyr! How are you?

How's the job going and everything?

I'm okay, although this year has had various challenges I could do without - and I could also do without this heat right now.

Job is mostly going alright, though I could have a big long rant about something. I won't, though. ;)
  • Pyxis
    Options
    I'm okay, although this year has had various challenges I could do without - and I could also do without this heat right now.

Job is mostly going alright, though I could have a big long rant about something. I won't, though. ;)

Oh go on! I love a good rant! :D
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Lambyr
    Options
    Oh go on! I love a good rant! :D

Haha! Ah, this is better not posted to a public forum. :o
  • Pyxis
    Options
    Haha! Ah, this is better not posted to a public forum. :o

Spoilsport! :D:D:D
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Last night was absolutely awful. I'd been out to the cinema with friends but as soon as I got home became totally distraught. I was sobbing and screaming for hours until I eventually fell into a fitful sleep at about 3am. Woke up several times.

Today I'm totally exhausted and my head aches. I just keep repeating in my head being told there was something wrong.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure