Redundancy and notice payments

Hi
my company are making a number of redundancy's they have said they are going to lump the two payments together<redundancy and leiu of notice > and then pay them over 12 months is this legal and is there anyway you can make them pay the money earlier.
Many thanks p.s they are only paying the government minimum

Comments

• Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    edited 14 December 2012 at 7:56PM
    OZZYMYDOG wrote: »
    Hi
    my company are making a number of redundancy's they have said they are going to lump the two payments together<redundancy and leiu of notice > and then pay them over 12 months is this legal and is there anyway you can make them pay the money earlier.

Tell your employer you expect to be paid the full redundancy money at the latest by the date of your termination of employment (or very shortly thereafter)

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/work_e/work_work_comes_to_an_end_e/work_redundancy_e/redundancy_pay.htm

That's if they want to avoid an industrial tribunal
  • CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative
    CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative Posts: 153 Organisation Representative
    OZZYMYDOG wrote: »
    Hi

HI

This is really appropriate and the payments would effectively be due when you job ends. There are a number of issues to consider here. You could make an application to an Employment Tribunal on form ET1 if they refuse to pay the redundancy pay and PILN. You could then seek to enforce this judgement against the company if they refuse to pay. Note that there are strict time limits which need to be adhered to if you have to go down this route. This would help you if your employer subsequently stops trading and you need to make a claim to the national Insurance fund for payment. follow the link below for more information on this :

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/work_e/work_work_comes_to_an_end_e/work_redundancy_e/redundancy_pay.htm#claiming_redundancy_pay_if_your_employer_has_stopped_trading

Suggest you call into your local CAB for further duscussion/clarification of these issues and how you can make the best of the situation.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
  • CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative
    CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative Posts: 153 Organisation Representative
    Hi Sorry
    First sentence should read " this is not really appropriate"
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure