Bought some shoes and they cut my feet after 30 mins of wearing them

Hi all!

I bought some new shoes from Linzi & they fit me fine... after 30 mins of wearing them to a christening they cut my feet so bad I had to walk back to the car with no shoes on. I emailed Linzi and they have said they don’t give refunds. I sent the shoe back for inspection and they said there’s nothing faulty with them and have returned them to store. These have now scared my feet... how can I claim my money back? They aren’t just blistered they re cut (not sure how to upload an image on here)

Comments

• Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Surely you felt the pain before they actually cut into your skin.

All shoes whatever the make or the price cause my feet (heels) to blister, I've just got that type of feet :(
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • Hey!

I did feel the pain they just felt like they were burning from rubbing which is why I took them off to see they had cut my feet.

And that’s a shame! It just annoyed me how they didn’t really care? Was no sorry basically said I’m in the wrong
  • Also they aren’t high heels they are flat shoes!
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    How do you think they cut your feet?
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • I really don’t know it’s so strange. I think it was from rubbing - I’ll be honest I wasn’t in agony which is why I was surprised that they had actually cut! But they did sting! When they were healing it was worse pain, I actually had to wear slippers instead of shoes! It was right across the top of my feet.
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    TBH no-one has perfect average feet which is what manufacturers of shoes base their models of shoes on. Some brands fit me some dont. It's a painful trial and error process as to which ones are which.
    It's not just brands either, it's styles. Some styles do not suit my foot shape and some do.
    Chalk it down to experience
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • You think I should just leave it then? I think the thing that annoyed me was they wasn’t even sorry didn’t even care, I even showed the woman in the shop and she was like ‘wow they’re bad’

Guess I’ll just leave it then!
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    On the positive side their shoes are very cheap so it's not as though you've lost a lot of money and you could probably get some of it back by selling them on eBay.
  • Yeah I know luckily, tbh though it’s not even the fact of how much they are - im more upset with their customer service on how they didn’t care
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    If they cut your feet then they cannot have fit you fine, the two don't go together.

At the end of the day other than a 'oooh that looks sore' 'hope they get better soon' it doesnt make any difference to your legal position and really, customer service people arent there to sympathise with your shoes not fitting well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure