IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP appeal rejected, what next?

I would be grateful if somebody could help me with the next stage in my appeal. I have spent at least an hour reading and searching the forums and there is so much info now that it's confusing. If somebody could paste a template I could use for my POPLA appeal, I would be extremely grateful. Please do NOT refer me to the NEWBIES post as I have read and it's too confusing. I am asking for assistance here, so please assist me.

Details:-
11/6/18 - Parked in NCP next to my gym. I was entitled to park there for free for 2 hours (and kept within this), but stupidly forgot to enter my reg in the gym kiosk/computer, which is the correct process. I have an email from the gym manager confirming my attendance in the gym either side of the time I entered the car park which was seen by their cameras.
27/6/18 - appealed online NCP website
10/7/18 - NCP rejected, stating as I didn't validate my parking in the gym, they cannot cancel the PCN

I have no intention of paying any money at any time and I would like to follow the process at the right stages and intend to appeal to POPLA now.

Hope to hear from somebody with some assistance, many thanks.

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 July 2018 at 11:51AM
    Tell the gym to cancel the PCN or you will cancel your membership. Follow up on your threat if it isn't cancelled.

You will find a number of template appeal points in post 3 of the NEWBIES that you can copy and paste. It isn't complicated, you just need time to go through it. It isn't a quick read.
    I doubt you will get any other advice other than to use the NEWBIES.
    It's a shame you revealed the identity of the driver in your initial appeal. That cannot now be helped, but you have thrown away a valuable appeal point.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    The FAQ you find too confusing will become clear if you take more time to understand the game you are caught up in. You do it a disservice by dissing it which other newbies reading your thread should ignore!!

Sadly you came here too late to stop you making a fundamental error, but now concentrate on the one post there you have been directed to

Take it in chunks and reread it till you are no longer confused.

Then study the links to POPLA appeal near templates and construct your own.

Post it here for comments before sending it
  • rudenotto
    rudenotto Posts: 19 Forumite
    Ok thanks guys. I get the impression I should use a template which is very long and which is likely the make the reader give up and accept my appeal. Is that right?
  • rudenotto
    rudenotto Posts: 19 Forumite
    By the way, I don't believe the gym have the ability to cancel the PCN, from speaking to them. Surely NCP sent me the ticket and it's not controlled by the gym?
  • Quentin
    edited 12 July 2018 at 12:05PM
    rudenotto wrote: »
    Ok thanks guys. I get the impression I should use a template which is very long and which is likely the make the reader give up and accept my appeal. Is that right?

No.

Read the FAQ as advised till you understand the process. It takes a lot more than 3 minutes!
  • Quentin
    By the way, I don't believe the gym have the ability to cancel the PCN, from speaking to them. Surely NCP sent me the ticket and it's not controlled by the gym?
    All explained in the FAQ!!

Escalate your complaint till someone takes notice at the gym
  • Fruitcake

You won't know until you ask. If enough people cancel membership because of parking scammers, the gym will want to take this up with the landowner, so it's still worth complaining and finding another gym.

Leave negative feedback on social media to warn others about this scam, and please complain to your MP. It really is the only way this will ever get stopped.
  • Fruitcake

You use ALL the template appeal points available to you. You only need the assessor to agree with one point for you to win.

Post your draft here for checking before you submit it.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    I have spent at least an hour reading and searching the forums and there is so much info now that it's confusing

Spend another 50 and you will be either more or less confused, but as you probably twigged in the first few minutes, they are trying to scam you.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary

Course they do. Who do you think contracted NCP there?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure