PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Fiscal Fast

Options

Comments

• TM6
    TM6 Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    Options
    Fiscal Fast Day 167

With a hot few days and an extra mouth to feed, our shopping budget definitely took a bit of a hit today....actually a massive hit :o

We shopped at 2 Bookers, Morrisons, M&S, Boots and Lidl and this is how we faired...

Bookers - Mainly RTCs and a low spend here
    M&S - We had a gift voucher and treated ourselves to a Pizza meal deal which also included a free pizza cutter. They were nice pizzas but not as nice as the ones we make at home so lesson learnt
    Boots - Our purchase was for the lady I work for, no spend for us
    Morrisons - This is where the budget went out of the window - Kopperburg for my DD2 bumped up the bill but so did the World Cup items :eek: We picked up another 10 as we had completely sold out of the others we had bought. To redeem ourselves a little, we did pick up many RTCs
    Lidls - Apart from carrots our purchases were treats for DD2 and DD3

We finished our day off with a walk on Marazion beach for our dogs and my hubby whilst I had a lovely swim :D
    "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much was in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like but the world may be a little bit better because I was important in the life of a child."
  • TM6
    Options
    Fiscal Fast Day 168

With so much happening over the next few weeks and months a quiet day was had logistically planning all the toings and froings - I think I got my head round it all (just! :rotfl: )

So a super duper NSD today rounded off with an hour of swimming and exercise down in the bay :D
    "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much was in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like but the world may be a little bit better because I was important in the life of a child."
  • TM6
    Options
    Fiscal Fast Day 169

Way to go...2 in a row.

Another NSD :dance:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Third NSD today and still using stuff from the freezer if possible Only seven weeks until our holidays so running down the freezer means less shopping,plus its far too nice to be slogging round the supermarket, much rather be doing something else in the sunshine

Cheers chums

JackieO xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Day four of Not Buying anything :) enjoying the sunshine instead, much nicer and free :)

JackieO xx
  • TM6
    edited 4 July 2018 at 12:50PM
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    Third NSD today and still using stuff from the freezer if possible Only seven weeks until our holidays so running down the freezer means less shopping,plus its far too nice to be slogging round the supermarket, much rather be doing something else in the sunshine

Cheers chums

JackieO xx

Way to go JackieO - that's a wonderful result :D
  • TM6
    Options
    Day four of Not Buying anything :) enjoying the sunshine instead, much nicer and free :)

JackieO xx

Four in a row - you're making a game of this JackieO :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Guess what :):) day five, and no where near a shop today :)
    I have stuffed peppers and salad for dinner tonight I am looking to be shopping when the next England footie game is on :) nice empty shops then :):):)

Looking to be as inventive with my stocks as possible while the weather is so nice Who needs to be dragging round the shops :) I am making the most of the sunshine instead I'm not too fussed is I end up eating cereal for a meal, thinking about that I have some smashing curiously cinnamon cereal to use up in the cupboard. I love the taste and with a chopped banana its quite filling for a quick lunchtime meal :) thats todays lunch sorted

JackieO xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Day six and definitely a NSD today as I have to wait in for the plumber as I have water coming from behind the washing machine/kitchen sink.

I shall get my first shop of the month tomorrow when the footies on, and its quiet:):):)
  • TM6
    Options
    Guess what :):) day five, and no where near a shop today :)
    I have stuffed peppers and salad for dinner tonight I am looking to be shopping when the next England footie game is on :) nice empty shops then :):):)

Looking to be as inventive with my stocks as possible while the weather is so nice Who needs to be dragging round the shops :) I am making the most of the sunshine instead I'm not too fussed is I end up eating cereal for a meal, thinking about that I have some smashing curiously cinnamon cereal to use up in the cupboard. I love the taste and with a chopped banana its quite filling for a quick lunchtime meal :) thats todays lunch sorted

JackieO xx

That's awesome JackieO - the Queen of fasting (financially anyway :) )
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure