Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 2
    • red devil
    • By red devil 5th Mar 08, 10:08 AM
    • 10,409 Posts
    • 7,756 Thanks
    red devil
    thanks for sharing anyway.
  • jo_b
    It wasn't irrelevant to me. I was looking for a rough idea so I can make a decision on if I should persue this.

If anyone else can advise what sort of hourly rate this sort of work pays, I would appreciate it if you could tell me. PM me if you don't want to put it on the board. Thanks
    Originally posted by Becles
    Becles - there were jobs advertised in my local paper the other week. The salary advertised there was approx £12,000 for a 37 hr wk. That was with gamesys. They run JackpotJoy amongst others. (I only remember because I was curious about bingo CMs after playing Cashcade bingo sites recently!)
    Last edited by jo_b; 05-03-2008 at 10:19 AM.
    • red devil
    • By red devil 5th Mar 08, 10:20 AM
    • 10,409 Posts
    • 7,756 Thanks
    red devil
    have you a webby address on that? thanks.
  • jeanette251978
    dont get paid for it???????

I dont think people want to know about voluntary work on the up the income board?
    Originally posted by red devil
    People wonder why others get stroppy on this site! its exactly the same on the text chat thread, no one is prepared to read things! I never said it was voluntary work, infact if you polish your glasses and read it again you will see that i said SOME do pay.

Im sure the people that can read will appreciate the post. If not then dont read it!
  • Grass Stained Feet
    I feel quite sorry for jeanette here! All she did is post about CM jobs, she wasn't asking for an inquisition! She gave links to the sites, what more do you want??

If you take a look at the job thread (like she suggests) you can see the adverts there.
    The ones I have seen are 20hours per week, but those are just the ones I have looked at. If you want to know the wage, answer an ad and ask!!

*sigh*

A lot of what you are all asking depends from job to job (or at least that is the impression I get) It is like asking...."What are the are the hours per week and wage for a mechanic/hairdresser/librarian?"

?!?!
  • jeanette251978
    I feel quite sorry for jeanette here! All she did is post about CM jobs, she wasn't asking for an inquisition! She gave links to the sites, what more do you want??

If you take a look at the job thread (like she suggests) you can see the adverts there.
    The ones I have seen are 20hours per week, but those are just the ones I have looked at. If you want to know the wage, answer an ad and ask!!

*sigh*

A lot of what you are all asking depends from job to job (or at least that is the impression I get) It is like asking...."What are the are the hours per week and wage for a mechanic/hairdresser/librarian?"

?!?!
    Originally posted by Grass Stained Feet

Thanks you! I thought i was going mad here for one minute.
    • Becles
    • By Becles 5th Mar 08, 2:09 PM
    • 12,864 Posts
    • 26,180 Thanks
    Becles
    Becles - there were jobs advertised in my local paper the other week. The salary advertised there was approx 12,000 for a 37 hr wk. That was with gamesys. They run JackpotJoy amongst others. (I only remember because I was curious about bingo CMs after playing Cashcade bingo sites recently!)
    Originally posted by jo_b
    Thank you very much for your help

It's nice when people are willing to share information to help others
    Here I go again on my own....
  • jeanette251978
    Thank you very much for your help

It's nice when people are willing to share information to help others
    Originally posted by Becles
    Lets hope they all pay the same amount, the one you apply for might only pay £3 per hour
    Last edited by jeanette251978; 05-03-2008 at 7:28 PM. Reason: correction
    • Becles
    • By Becles 6th Mar 08, 7:51 AM
    • 12,864 Posts
    • 26,180 Thanks
    Becles
    I've had a read of the links and I've decided not to take this any further. The pay is too low compared with what I am earning in other home based jobs. I don't think I'd find the job challenging enough for me and I think I'd quickly get bored with it.
    Here I go again on my own....
    • red devil
    • By red devil 6th Mar 08, 11:02 AM
    • 10,409 Posts
    • 7,756 Thanks
    red devil
    how many hours do you have to do please someone tell i wouldnt want full time, also how do they pay are you taxed etc is it into your bank.
    • leftfield20
    • By leftfield20 7th Mar 08, 10:47 AM
    • 118 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    leftfield20
    how many hours do you have to do please someone tell i wouldnt want full time, also how do they pay are you taxed etc is it into your bank.
    I can't imagine why you wouldn't be taxed
  • jeanette251978
    Originally posted by red devil
    The best thing to do is apply and ask all of these questions, all companies i should imagine are different, some might want full time, some might want part time. As for tax, you should pay tax on ANY earnings. How this works, i dont know - again i should imagine this would be different with all companies, its depends on if your going to be employed or self employed.

All questions should be directed to the company you want to apply with, then they can tell you what they are looking for from a CM.
  • bottleredhead
    Have a look here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=785943

Have posted contact details and some info about becoming a CH

Good luck!
  • bottleredhead
    They have wooshed the above post for some reason!

PM me for info if you want
    • donnalove
    • By donnalove 8th Mar 08, 4:52 PM
    • 556 Posts
    • 261 Thanks
    donnalove
    They have wooshed the above post for some reason!

PM me for info if you want
    Originally posted by bottleredhead
    probably because you gave to much info and links etc ....
    you are not allowed to give out email addys on here either
  • bottleredhead
    probably because you gave to much info and links etc ....
    you are not allowed to give out email addys on here either
    Originally posted by donnalove
    Ooooer! lol

And there's me thinking I was being helpful, hey ho!! rofl
  • jeanette251978
    You can also register at http://www.bingo jobs.co.uk/

(take the space out between bingo and jobs)

They will send you a weekly email with details of any current vacancies.
    • emweaver
    • By emweaver 9th Mar 08, 2:02 AM
    • 8,226 Posts
    • 184,220 Thanks
    emweaver
    Where on the first link are the jobs advertised?
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, 15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • jeanette251978
    Where on the first link are the jobs advertised?
    Originally posted by emweaver
    Jobs Forum, there is one there right now??
    • urbanlegend11
    • By urbanlegend11 9th Mar 08, 12:08 PM
    • 433 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    urbanlegend11
    Well as i am the one who decides whether to post what im going to be paid, ill decide for myself whether or not i feel it is irrelevant, no one told me what CM's get paid when i was researching this, the key word is research. Like i have said, im sure all companies that pay have different rates so it doesnt give you an idea, for example text chat operators, some get paid 4p, some get paid 14p, this is a huge gap in pay.

Im open to questions but im not willing to say what my pay rate is.
    Originally posted by jeanette251978

Youve got just the right attitude to be friedly and help people in your job :rolleyes:
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,830Posts Today

7,320Users online

Martin's Twitter