What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 14th May?

Comments

• foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,027
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Wotcha Moneysavers,
    Useful day with all on my list achieved except for my old favourite the weekly ironing:
    *Posted ebay parcel & a knitting commission.
    *Potted up 4 pepper plants & re-sowed climbing beans in my recycled cups from free Waitrose coffees.
    *Cast on B-in-L's 2nd sock for presents box. Bought the yarn last year so no new spend.
    *Did a couple of surveys.
    *Mr f's Ugov cash-out arrived in bank so updated this year's survey total in my sig.
    *Moved some funds around to keep my budget system straight.
    *Did meal plans.
    *Wrote shopping list.
    *Did online order as we are busy on Fri & Sat & would prefer to go out somewhere more alluring than the supermarket on Sunday.
    *Paid another 50p into my sealed pot.
    *Fed sourdough jar ready to mix up a loaf tomorrow night.
    *Found a reasonably diabetic-friendly recipe to bake for Mum when we visit this weekend.
    *Had a bicycle incident this morning which was so annoying as only my 2nd trip out on it. Was quite close to village bike repair business when it happened & almost called in for a repair, but then I thought that as mr f put the bike together, he can hopefully sort it out for me for free.
    Just going to update my dfw diary then intend to read my book.
    Love to all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Gemsy81
    Gemsy81 Posts: 182
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi everyone....a few good things from me today.....

- Got some £10 off Waitrose vouchers in the post today, as long as I am careful about what I buy in there (i.e. cheapy essentials only, I should be able to save some pennies here)
    - Found some Compliments vouchers that OH and I won last year. Have a birthday party to take my son to this weekend, so will use one of the vouchers for his friend's present.
    - I could not eat all my dinner tonight, no idea why(!) but I fed the leftovers to the dog instead of putting in the bin, therefore not using the actual dog food...which is quite expensive as she has an allergy.
    - I need to make some cushions for our business - I picked up a bargain piece of offcut material earlier for £8, really chuffed!
    - Just done my online shop, having done a meal plan and scoured my cupboards before shopping, a mere £50 for the three of us for a week, this is about £30 cheaper than I have previously managed :)
    - Paid £200 off my Barclaycard, it was spare in my account so I thought I would use it for something constructive instead of it sitting there tempting me!
    - Got invited to a swanky 'do' with OH in June...all expenses paid drinks and dinner in London. It is work related but will be fun, and can be our entertainment for the month!

x
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,027
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Moening all,
    On today's list:
    *Deal with online grocery delivery.
    *Iron as little as possible.
    *Continue planting out summer bedding - all free seed.
    *Water veggies.
    *Mix up sourdough.
    *Make 2 pasta bakes - primarily fridge round-up ingredients, peppers, l/o chorizo, olives, etc.
    *Prolific survey. If I do this one, I apparently get an addirional £4 bonus so will do it next before I forget.
    *Soak fruit for Mum's cake. She appreciates home baking & it is more economical than buying a gift each time.
    *Lots of useful 'use-it-ups' going on - a lipstick I don't much like, last of a foundation being scraped out with a coffee stirrer, shampoo dregs being rinsed out before starting new bottle, etc.
    *Plan low spend trip out for Sunday.
    *Make tomorrow's packed lunch.
    Ok, best crack on.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Morning all :hello: quick post and I need to get on with my day. Annoyingly the smalls let the gate slam this morning and it's now stuck, so we can't get out the house that way. Was planning a run in the sunshine but that's not going to happen now for reasons I won't bore you with. Hmm, have a relatively tight schedule today and don't have time to try and fix it either. Hoping DH can fix it when he gets back. Anyway on to better things:

Free facial today, wouldn't normally pay for them but was sent a free voucher for the spa at hotel where my gym is. So it'd be rude not to :rotfl:
    Will see if I can time it to run there first instead
    Pork I got out of freezer for tea with some anchovies I also froze. I will reclaim the freezer at some point :rotfl:
    Check banking
    Check surveys
    See if pushy man comes back about mortgage today, still need to do more comparisons on the life cover stuff
    See what might be causing tap to drip annoyingly
    Out for some exercise with pal tonight
    Call pet insurance company now I've finally dropped form at vet
    As much washing out as possible to dry in the sunshine, should only be 2 loads and I'm done
    Quick tidy round, hoover downstairs

Enjoy your day folks.
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Good Afternoon All

CLF - Hope you're feeling better, enjoy Berlin

Feeling much brighter today, we've had very little internet or TV over the last few days so will dropping V*gin a very strongly worded email, on the plus side all the ironings done, we've talked more and read lots too. Today we will:

Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    Gym (no review as short-staffed re-arranged for next week) - Done
    Car in for MOT -
    Purge a few emails -
    Enter a few comps -
    Surveys -
    Swagbucks -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Check: Tombola Stars, Lucky Bob, Luckyphone, FPL, WinaDinner -
    Read -
    Knit -

Have a great day all.

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 17/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• spudsmum
    spudsmum Posts: 584
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi all hope you've had a good day and not been blown away! The wind was so strong here. Not much going on today just been working but I have snagged another NSD as a result of that - that's 3 this week.

MSE stuff today

:A not had tv on at all - resisted turning it on as usual for background noise.
    :A done online shop at Mr M using £15 off voucher - bought all the heavy stuff like pop and wet wipes
    :A made a list of stuff that was too expensive from Mr M and will nip to Tesco tomorrow
    :A meal plan done
    :A bought a neck of lamb cheap to cook in slow cooker
    :A cashed out £2 on surveys
    :A more surveys done
    :A tea was chilli made with ys mince - kids had ys bread rolls with freebie cheese spread and freebie chicken bites.
    :A two loads of washing done with gloop
    :A took boys out of cupboard to nursery pickup and avoided the usual £3 trip to the bakery

Think that's it for now
    Total debts £21050! :eek: now £10941. 76. Total extra income made in Jan22 £109. 27 Feb 22 £45.25 Total extra income made in 2022 £154.52 Aiming for debt free at 45 - 41 months to go!
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Happy Friday folks!

Quick post to keep me on track. Today I have/will:

Packed lunches all round
    Hot drink for commute
    Chicken out of freezer for tea, will use up some veg out of fridge
    Flylady of bathroom whilst supervising tooth brushing ;)
    Check banking
    Check for surveys
    Check to see if a survey I did yesterday credited
    Print off return label at work to use their ink
    Smalls to prepaid activity tonight
    Send mums details of which pick up they are on for rest of school year and try and plan School holiday cover :eek:
    Emptied bin and cleaned bin and left outside to air in the sunshine (the bin not the rubbish :rotfl:)
    Relax with DH tonight and watch something on tv.

Right, must get to work. Hope commute is kind. Have a good day everyone. Purps.
  • Hopeless_Case
    Hopeless_Case Posts: 949
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    edited 18 May 2018 at 3:32PM
    To be honest I'm really just starting to do the big things, and funnily enough I'm already quite good at some of the little things (I've been buying from charity shops and trying to reuse things or do without etc for the last year, while we have thousands a year going out in interest payments!!) but I'm going to try and step up the the little things too.

I'm going to take home a load of felt off-cuts we've been given and make a new cushion for the dogs with an old throw to save buying a new one

I'm going to get my week's money out in cash and when it's gone, it's gone

The freezer has got a bit frosted up and my inventory of what's in it is really out of date, so i'm going to go on a drive to use it up rather than buy more food, including the 'mystery' things which I've put in old ice cream or takeaway tubs, then the writing has worn off :rotfl: - and then defrost and start again!

Walk as often as I can

Not buy any more clothes even from charity shops as I have enough to see me through the summer

I love puzzles and I've just subscribed to the magazine I buy which has a really good offer (cheap anyway and just in before a price rise) and set a note to myself to cancel the dd before it renews next year at a much higher price - and as I don't necessarily get through the mag in the month, hopefully that'll last me for years and save the cost of using the TV or my laptop when I'm having a break (I've got a new rule about no TV before 6pm, switched off at the wall otherwise, and laptop only when I'm working from home, hoping to see some drop in the electricity bill!!)
  • Hopeless_Case
    Hopeless_Case Posts: 949
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    ...the other biggie is that I'm resisting having the cracked screen on my phone mended. it's been SIM only since October and I want that to last as long as possible, but recently dropped it and cracked the screen. It's still perfectly usable so I'm not going to pay £60 to get a new screen. I'm treating it with kid gloves now!!
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,613
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Evening everyone

Been a busy couple of days.
    Banking checked and bills paid.
    Cashed out quidco-£20
    RM surveys done-im only one behind now
    Never got to freeze any soup, it was delicious and was great for snacks everyday. Not bad for old veg that I just chucked in it
    Still need to hoover upstairs and write letter to friend
    Stocked up on cat food from Tesc@ where it is cheaper by 25p a pack than everywhere else.
    Seemed to have been doing things but have nothing to show for it. Have signed up to do the link to hope shoeboxes for Christmas 2018. I've started using spare present stash and I'm going to add an item a week as my grocery spends have been really good and steady month by month.
    Have updated spends book
    Wrapped a birthday present I had in my stash

Can't think of anything else,have a great evening everyone x
    Welcome Hopeless Case
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income