PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Tuesday 8th May 2018

Options

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning chums,

Grey skies but still warm.

Not much to report. Despite the BH i was working and then played football afterwards. Light dinner then bed.

Today I've been to the gym and tonight I'll watch the football, perhaps at my mums.

HH - Pleased you managed a better sleep last night. Long may that continue.
    Jackie - Congrats to Holly and Tom
    Camelot - My mum does. What was your technique for clearing? She had a wire brush and it was really time consuming and hard work. I know this because she made me do it!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Another day set to be sunny and hot but we are due a change tomorrow, it’s lovely when you are able to sit in the garden all day watching your dog splashing in her pool :D but not so great when your horse needs exercising like today, off soon to crack on with it before it gets too hot.

Not sure about tea, picked up some reduced salmon yesterday so possibly that with something, I only eat wild Alaskan nowadays after watching a documentary about the farmed kind and the mites etc but it’s more expensive so only buy when cheap. Shame as I love the stuff :(

Have a good day folks x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((Hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Another bright morning, but rain is forecast for later. It was just too hot to sit out yesterday afternoon, although we did manahe afternoon ea out there under the sunshade. Heaven knows why I chose a red sunshade, it makes me hot looking at it!!

Hairdresser this morning to get our hair cut, mine is long overdue, think she might need the hedge shears, its grown so much. Need to take the car to the garage on the way back to get the tyres checked and the handbrake looked at it keeps sticking. Do not want any problems on the drive down to Bristol on Monday.

Towels in the washer, cleaners in today, so need to get OH to tidy up his bits. I will fling the dyson round next Monday before we set off.

No idea whats for supper tonight........lucky dip possibly.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It's a bit cloudy here this morning but I think it is going to stay fine and dry. My friend is coming over at 10 for a coffee and catch up so I will run the hoover round quickly and tidy up the living room.

I am going to make chilli beef and jacket potatoes for tea, nothing too taxing but nice and tasty. The lemony chicken tagine was a success so I will be making it again.

I have ordered an ice cream maker for the princely sum of £9.99 which is being delivered today. I have also ordered a couple of recipe books which will be arriving today as well including how to make low fat ice cream :D. Speaking of low fat :), I lost 2lb this week so I am very pleased with that.

Right, I must crack on with the cleaning so I hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Holly, I'm glad you had a good day yesterday and especially a better night.
    Congrats to the happy couple Jackie and fingers crossed for your DD.

We're back from Norfolk and I'm sneezing like mad. As soon as we reached Bedfordshire I could smell the rape seed pollen in the air! We had a lovely time in the van and will definitely return to the site. Unfortunately DH got a bit overconfident on the way back, we stopped at Ickworth NT house for lunch and he swiped a wooden bollard on the way out, taking out a side light. He was devastated at damaging his shiny new toy.

DD is here for today but she will be working. I have to do some grocery shopping but not too much. I think DH will probably want to go somewhere to get some of the items we decided we needed in the van.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread Holly, hugs to all those in need.

Another sunny day here, we have a lovely peaceful mooring.

CHS is on the late shift for the next 2 weeks, maybe longer. I have no childcare duties this week so far and then only 2 more weeks until DD2 finishes her course.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning,

Glad you had a lie in Holly,enjoy the seaside if you go again today.
    Snoozer,envious of your camper van :),shame about the light.

Still nice and sunny here.I am off out for lunch with my cousins.We always go to a place next to a fishing lake and there are tables outside overlooking it,bet it will be busy though.

We managed to get rid of all the garden waste yesterday,put it in a builders bag for DH to take to the skip at work and the full green bin will get emptied this morning hopefully.Clearing the banking really seems to have made our little courtyard garden open up and seems a lot lighter now we have got rid of years worth of ivy brambles and dead trees.S'pose we should be grateful the back neighbour has abandoned it and fenced herself in ;)

Tea will be an assortment of bits left over from the bbq ,new pots and salad,not much effort needed.

Right I want to dye my hair before I go out.Csarina I am well overdue for a haircut too,DH was asking yesterday if I had a cut booked in soon.He never normally notices unless I've just had it done-sometimes not even then :p,so it must be bad.Looks ok the day I wash it then it all goes downhill :rotfl:

Have a good day all xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had dds and bf's over on Sunday and middle dd and bf stayed overnight, had breakfast and moved my swing seat into the garden for me.

No sooner had I waved them off and was looking forward to sitting in the garden with a book than I found to my dismay I seemed to have norovirus - eek. After spending the last 24 hours scared to move too far from the bathroom, now feel a bit better. A grocery delivery of soft drinks, bread, eggs etc is due at eleven and I am hoping to be up to going to the post office later to send off a couple of parcels for middle dd.

JackieO

I am so pleased to hear the good news and am crossing my fingers for dd's interview.

Holly

The trip to the seaside sounds as if it has done you the world of good, Pleased that you got a better sleep.

Hope I have not jinxed the good weather as I just ordered a new summer dress.

Dishwasher is loaded and I am just about to strip my bed and get a load of laundry done before wobbling into the shower and getting dressed.

csarina

Dd's have been very complimentary about my blue patchwork bag which goes well with my new dresses which middle dd gave the nod of approval.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 8 May 2018 at 12:26PM
    Options
    Have just had to take my little red car into the garage after the power steering failed on my way to work :( Hopefully it will be a (relatively cheap) sensor & not the (expensive) steering column that needs replacing...

So am now sat at my laptop with the radio on, DH has gone digging on the allotment and the cat is on the windowsill next to me basking in the sunshine :)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I hope your car repair isn't too expensive Floss
    Chin up, Titus out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories