Thinking of doing surveys

Hi.

I have been reading the article about getting paid to do surverys and the top 25 sites to sign up to. I started to sign up to one and it was asking the usual questions such as location, income household etc.

I then got to the section about dependants. It is asking for child’s name and date of birth. Do all survey sites ask for this information, as I’m not quite comfortable providing these details?

Thanks

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I've moved this thread to the correct area for you :)
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Thank you. !!!128578; wasn’t sure where to post it.
  • Sorry random numbers was supposed to be a smiley face. :)
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,677 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    The reason for wanting children's ages is so that they can send you appropriate surveys. There is nothing to stop you making up a name and a date of birth as long as it falls into a roughly similar age range.
    FWIW I have also slightly amended my own date of birth on the survey sites as well.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • bigisi
    bigisi Posts: 925 Forumite
    Exactly. I have no kids but according to survey sites my little Jack & Maisie are 3 & 6 and loving life ;)
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    If you don't want to identify your children (and why should you?), generate digital twins for the surveys. My chaos A B & C are all fine & my surveys are coping with the fact they've moved from cuddly under 5s to more interesting late teenagers.

Don't be spooked by the surveys asking for info, just keep the whoppers consistent. I do what-used-to-be-givaudan & opinium & make at most about £25 a year but for the fun of it. If you want a steadier income, more sites will definitely help, but screeners are fiend for chopping down your income by chewing up your time.
  • Brookside88
    Brookside88 Posts: 338 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    my 2 main sites are prolific and Qmee. Only really been doing them properly for a couple of weeks but looking to cash out once a month on the 1st. up to £30 so far just from those 2 sites. Going to set a monthly target of about £70 I reckon and see how I do. Prolific pay well but studies are pretty sparse and it's infuriating when you see a £5 survey but can't get access to a computer to do it (like today)! Qmee has been better recently with more 50p or 60p surveys but you do get rejected a lot of the time and they tend to be long winded. My son's age ranges from 1 to 15 depending on the survey :rotfl:

You can make some decent pocket money if you dedicate a bit of time to it in the evenings. Best of luck!
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I really don't get the logic behind lying on these things. I am a believer that there will be surveys to fit your profile no matter what - some will be looking for kids, some wont. Its easier just to tell the truth, and then you will be more consistent with your answers and provide more valuable information.
    Theres no point in trying to second guess what the screener is looking for.

I use a variety of sites - Swagbucks, Prolific, Opinion Outpost, Qmee, Global Test Market. They all have plusses and negatives and I make about £100 a month. Prolific was best though recently Qmee has overtaken them (but you do need to be checking it regularly as the best surveys go fast).
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 1 May 2018 at 1:15PM
    mikep22 wrote: »
    I use a variety of sites - Swagbucks, Prolific, Opinion Outpost, Qmee, Global Test Market. They all have plusses and negatives and I make about £100 a month. Prolific was best though recently Qmee has overtaken them (but you do need to be checking it regularly as the best surveys go fast).

Really Qmee has overtaken Prolific? Is that based on the number of surveys you get? What is the hourly rate with Qmee? I thought Qmee was just Cint type surveys that are low paying.
  • Super_Trouper
    Super_Trouper Posts: 928 Forumite
    They're not paying enough or trustworthy enough to give accurate information to them. When asked for your child's name just give 'Boy' or 'Girl' and give a date that is wrong, but still the same year. Keep your answers consistent, but you don't have to sign away your first born to them for a few pence.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure