EH - Essex > Hebrides...the next step of the adventure?

Comments

• Have a good scout along the shelf when you look Misty - in ours, there was a nice blank space above the label for it - them about 10' further along the shelf, a second label with the rice sitting just above! I actually wonder whether it was actually in stock the first time I went in, but I just missed seeing it. Our HB does carry a decent range of food, makes up for our B&M which really doesn't!

I have freezer investigation on my list of things to do over the next couple of days. I need to make next week's meal-plan a full on "it things up" one so the fridge and freezer need taking to task! The second lot of goat tagine from last week is out and defrosted ready for this evening, but I spotted some mutton stew, and another tub of something that appears to be a single portion of goat ragu as well. If I'm feeling kind hearted I'll let MrEH have that for his dinner tomorrow night. :D (And yes, you've guessed it, if I'm not, then I won't! :rotfl:)

Digging about for ideas of the best survey companies. Signed up to OpinionOutpost earlier which I saw someone had recommended - relatively time consuming but the payout looks to be fairly small in increments at least.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • I need to empty my freezer. It's amazing what you can find if you dig deep enough!
  • Cheeseface wrote: »
    I need to empty my freezer. It's amazing what you can find if you dig deep enough!

That's what's worrying me, too! :rotfl::o:D
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • I popped into HB when I was in town this morning, sadly it doesn't carry the brown rice. The selection was very small, considering it's a huge shop. The only rice being sold that wasn't microwaveable was Matildas white rice. There are two HBs I can check out when I am in other close-by cities, if either of them stock it I will make a point of buying a few bags at a time.

Misty have a look along the bottom shelves too. Our brown basmati is put in the wire 'cages' on the bottom of the shelving unit - as is the pasta, naan breads and sometimes the rice noodles. The cages are in the general vicinity of the 'world food' section, but they aren't definitely 'underneath' all the other types of rice that HB sell - ie the microwaveable rice that you mentioned. Failing that ask if they stock it - East End 1kg packs of Brown Basmati Rice for £1. The pack looks like THIS.

HTH

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £184.08/215
    Non-food household spend April £27.83/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Misty have a look along the bottom shelves too. Our brown basmati is put in the wire 'cages' on the bottom of the shelving unit - as is the pasta, naan breads and sometimes the rice noodles. The cages are in the general vicinity of the 'world food' section, but they aren't definitely 'underneath' all the other types of rice that HB sell - ie the microwaveable rice that you mentioned. Failing that ask if they stock it - East End 1kg packs of Brown Basmati Rice for £1. The pack looks like THIS.

HTH

Greying X

Thank you so much - I did see the naan breads and noodles in the cages on the bottom, but didn't see any other rice. I'll go back for another look and ask someone if I don't see it.
  • abby1234519
    abby1234519 Posts: 1,961 Forumite
    If anyone wants any organic brown rice I've got 15kilos at home....
    Money money money.

Debt
    Dec 2016: [STRIKE]£25,158.71[/STRIKE] £21,999.99

#28 Pay off debt in 2017 £3803.55
  • If anyone wants any organic brown rice I've got 15kilos at home....

where you based abby?
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • where you based abby?

North Yorkshire

I bought loads when a shop closed down - can't fit it in the cupboards :O
    Money money money.

Debt
    Dec 2016: [STRIKE]£25,158.71[/STRIKE] £21,999.99

#28 Pay off debt in 2017 £3803.55
  • :rotfl::rotfl: Seemed like a good idea at the time though, eh Abby?!

Well hopefully my new phone is on its way - the courier company's online tracking suggested it was still at the depot a while ago, but their telephone tracking system assures me that it's out for delivery today so fingers crossed.

In the meantime, I have a list. (no surprise there) Already collected up the rubbish and have the old phone on to backup. also made a start on sorting out the christmas shopping receipts to do the CC money shuffle - with luck the bill will turn up today - easier done off the paper copy than trying to work off the screen. Next jobs are to do the little bit of washing up that's in the sink and run a cloth over the kitchen I think, then cast an eye over the freezer.

Got a reply to my email to Pinecone by the way - they are reactivating my account (no idea why they deactivated it in the first place, mind you!) and I should start receiving surveys again soon. That's excellent news as I know there's are good earners and reliable payers - if they start coming through again I should be able to use that to make a decent impact to my 0% card. Got 25p on OnePoll this morning and will check Opinion Outpost later when I have some spare time.
    she/her
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Scott_Weiland_2 Posts: 799 Forumite
    edited 15 December 2016 at 12:33PM
    :rotfl::rotfl: Seemed like a good idea at the time though, eh Abby?!

Well hopefully my new phone is on its way - the courier company's online tracking suggested it was still at the depot a while ago, but their telephone tracking system assures me that it's out for delivery today so fingers crossed.

In the meantime, I have a list. (no surprise there) Already collected up the rubbish and have the old phone on to backup. also made a start on sorting out the christmas shopping receipts to do the CC money shuffle - with luck the bill will turn up today - easier done off the paper copy than trying to work off the screen. Next jobs are to do the little bit of washing up that's in the sink and run a cloth over the kitchen I think, then cast an eye over the freezer.

Got a reply to my email to Pinecone by the way - they are reactivating my account (no idea why they deactivated it in the first place, mind you!) and I should start receiving surveys again soon. That's excellent news as I know there's are good earners and reliable payers - if they start coming through again I should be able to use that to make a decent impact to my 0% card. Got 25p on OnePoll this morning and will check Opinion Outpost later when I have some spare time.

When you get the new phone try powerofopinion.co.uk and isay.com i use both and do quite well off them both companies the surveys are quite short but are phone friendly.

The uk toluna is a good one too use too if like me you now have more free time.

With pinecone are they still invitation only?
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback