Mortgage Free Mini-Goals

Comments

• mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    I'm currently using Deep Heat. The best thing I could do is probably go back to the gym and do some gentle lifting. I'll think about it.

I used to play the lottery but never won anything so now I just play the Euromilliomswhen there's a particularly tasty jackpot. I refuse to play the normal lottery now they've put the numbers up to 59. Teres just no point.

I think I'm getting a tiny bit obsessed with trying to find extra money for the mortgage. I need to just chill my beans and be patient (unfortunately a virtue I do not own) and just let it slowly build up.
  • Mrsp it gets addictive trying to over pay the mortgage. Looking at any possible saving to put towards the pot. I've started putting any savings from annual bills into two pots. Disney land Paris and over payment fund...
    Last one was house and contents insurance saved thirty pound so £15 in each
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    :easter_ba:easter:
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Mrsp it gets addictive trying to over pay the mortgage. Looking at any possible saving to put towards the pot.

So true! And alongside OPing getting addicitive, so to does looking at spreadsheet and making tiny adjustments with the eternal question "what if I...?".

I've found daily TT's have helped with the addiction, and i probably average around £22 a month from it.
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • mrsp1987
    I may have to start doing that. I'm finding that a large part of it is impatience waiting for interest to accrue on savings so that I can shuffle them across and for each payment to go through so I can stare at the spreadsheets for hours on end like you said.
  • mrsp1987
    Something weird' going on with my likes count. It's gone up by, like, 100 today alone. I'm not complaining cos it makes me feel popular but I wonder if someone is going round and liking every single post of mine. That'd be cool - and no, it's not me! :rotfl:

Had a fairly productive day - finished off my cushion cover. Patchwork stylee - my first attempt at patchwork! Need to figure out a way of getting a phot on here so you can all see. Btw my sewing machine is called Betsy! She's a lovely little old lady from the 70s and was my hubby's grandmothers! Works fine for what I need and never lets me down. Good oil' Betsy
  • mrsp1987
    Okay before I forget I think I've found my dress. I think it's Justin Alexander 8592. Need to do some double checking but it's pretty damn close I feel.
    And it only took me 295 individual Google search inputs to find it!!!!
  • mrsp1987 wrote: »
    Here we go, here's a link to Clarence

http://m.dfs.co.uk/kalamos/left-hand-facing-3-seater-storage-chaise-sofabed-sierra-contrast#RGGrhijpyQkhaa4W.97

Really wish we could post photos on here. I've seen other people do it but I just can't figure out how.
    And no, I have no idea why I have this strange predilection for naming things!

:hello: I have just replied back to you on my thread about 'how to post an image', I hope it makes sence :rotfl:I like Clarence, but I think George still wins :)
    mrsp1987 wrote: »
    This is the problem with being such an MSE already - there's not a lot of fat left to get rid of. I just have to accept that sometimes finding the money will be easier and other times it will be a bit slower

I feel like this a lot too, thats why I love these boards, always so many ideas floating about. I dont think I have anything else to part with at home, everything that wasnt held or screwed down has gone already :rotfl:
    mrsp1987 wrote: »
    No parkrun for me this morning. I've absolutely destroyed my shoulders and arms after going the gym on Thursday and bench pressing 22kg for the first time in months and then military shoulder presses of 12kg too. I'm actually in a bit of pain when I move - it's all Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) but oh boy is it bad.

Hope you are feeling better soon xx
  • mrsp1987
  • mrsp1987
    edited 27 March 2016 at 10:17PM
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories