Mooloo's little tapestry of life, 2016

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    Well I have had one of the most stressful days of my life in many a year. (Bar loosing the boys)
    It's been a farce from beginning to end.
    I've had the ceiling completely removed, and dirt and dust everywhere. Now I've emergency workers putting up plasterboard ceiling as I write.
    The contents of my kitchen is all over my sitting room. I've been in tears all day. Stressed to hell.
    They are talking about coming back tomorrow, but I need to be at the shop for a wedding dress fitting at 9.30 that I am aware of, and then any other jobs that are booked in today.
    We are currently without lights as well.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Forumite
    edited 18 May 2016 at 9:39PM
    Ok. Dinner was at the local pub in the end.
    Ceiling was half done.
    All in dissaray. I cried more than I did when Dad died. I was a mess.
    I have mellowed with some wine ( I know not good).
    Tomorrow they return to finish off.
    Meanwhile the house is in chaos
    I wasn't prepared to be loosing the whole ceiling, or deal with the jobs worths, or the mess! I'd post pictures if I could but I don't know how.
    Those of you who know me personally can see on Facebook that I am not exaggerating!
    We are in a mess. Bought packed lunch stuff for DGD ready for tomorrow so I don't have to use the kitchen till its sorted.
    Now if I don't sleep tonight it will be Sod's law as I'm shattered.tomorrow is another day in the Moo saga
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Forumite
    We have a plasterboard ceiling. Now we have to wait for the plasterer to come to do the skim.
    I can't take any more time off work I'm so far behind now.
    Here's hoping I get a good run at the work tomorrow.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Forumite
    Two weeks till the light is sorted and the ceiling plastered!
    On the plus side I now have my dropped curb.
    DGD has an after school play date today so I'm just waiting for her to return.
    Tomorrow I have another busy day, and a sewing birthday party between 2-4pm
    It's my other granddaughter's birthday party tomorrow. She will be 5
    My sister and her Partner are at my Mums and will be taking her back to France in a few days.
    I need to find more time somehow? I need to catch up on the sewing as its flying in at the moment. I may need to take DGD to work with me,so that I can catch up.
  • dktreesea
    dktreesea Posts: 5,736 Forumite
    Sorry to hear about the saga with your ceiling, but on a brighter note you at last have a dropped kerb! That will be great, not having to go home each night - or getting up in the morning, worrying you'll be blocked out/in. One little bit of anxiety that won't be plaguing you from now on. Not to mention being able to arrange for the car/van to be towed, or at least for the owner to get a ticket, if your neighbour dares to keep doing it.

I don't get why the electrician wasn't decked out in the usual space outfit gear for asbestos. Why were you still in the house? When they did our roof, we had to leave the property, there were six of them in space suits and next door on either side (detached houses, mind you) were also asked to leave for the duration and to make sure they had no windows open to their houses.
  • dktreesea
    Not surprised to hear your sewing work is flying in the door. Getting a decent seamstress for alterations is as hard as finding a half decent dentist. I hope it continues so you can stop worrying about cash flow. it took us a long time to get to that point because we had so much business debt, due mainly to the recession, and it's made a big difference to my life anxiety wise to not have to rob Peter to pay Paul, in order to get the bills paid on time.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Forumite
    Yesterday DGD went to Biggest of Mooloo's, while I went to work. They had a birthday party for dgd2, who will be 5 tomorrow.
    At work I finished setting up for the Birthday Party, and then did a couple of small jobs. The afternoon was taken up with 5 little girls making named bags to take home. We made an extra bag for one little girl who was sick and couldn't come.
    Then after work, I went to collect DGD and then on to see my Mum, Sister and her partner who are here from France. They take Mum home with them next week.
    I left my mobile phone there! So I had to go back again today, after I'd been in to work for a few hours. A friend helped build DGD's new trampoline. So somethings are starting to come together.
    The washing is on, we've had dinner and now I'm thinking about having a soak in the bath as my shoulder aches.
    The drive hopefully will make it easier, and I noticed a van pull up in front of the house, and then drive off again.
    As its going to be a week plus before the builders return I have put the stuff back into the kitchen now, and have started to reclaim my sitting room.
    Strange how the room looked so much bigger once the table etc went back into the kitchen. It should just look the same I'd have thought, but it's looking bigger.
    Now if I had the energy to do the ironing I could reclaim the second sofa back! :(
    It's time to look at my SOA again, and focus on shifting my 20% of savings now instead of 10% that I used to put away.
  • dktreesea
    Mooloo wrote: »
    The drive hopefully will make it easier, and I noticed a van pull up in front of the house, and then drive off again.

You put a smile on my face reading this bit. Whoo hoo! Goodbye neighbours cars, hello yours.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Forumite
    edited 23 May 2016 at 5:05PM
    Morning from a very tired Moo!
    Weird night, strange dreams In between long wakeful spells.
    Something is waking me at about 5.30 these days. I'm spending too long reading rubbish on Facebook! I'm wasting my life away!
    As you are probably aware if you follow me regularly I struggle with depression, and I think this last 10 days I've slid back into it. I'm feeling so negative and trying to keep positive has been hard.
    I must try and "snap out of it", but that's easier said then done!
    I really want a couple of days away from it all, but can't really afford it, cost and time wise.
    It's strange as usually it's more prevelant in the darker days of winter, yet yesterday was a sunny day mostly, and yet I still feel under a cloud.

Better wake DGD for school, or we will be late.
    I know that I'm low as even though I usually love my sewing, I'm struggling with it and for the first time in many a year it feels like a chore!
  • Savvy_sewing
    Forumite
    After the usual stressed morning getting DGD to school, I managed to get into work earlier then some days, and did the cleaning etc before I opened up. As I'd pinned all the hems on the curtains yesterday I spent all day today hand sewing them. With a short break to do some urgent repairs. It was quiet, relatively speaking so staff only came in for a few hours and went home at 1pm
    I stayed sewing till 5pm

I have three curtain hems to do and then I can send them off.
    That leaves me the rest of the week to do the other jobs and another large set of curtains for a lady in London.
    It seems to be all about curtains these last few days. Several sets were collected and paid for today. Although most transactions were on the Bank Cards so it will be the end of the week before it clears in the bank.

The school has just been informed of an ofsted inspection tomorrow and Wednesday, so we have a survey to fill in.
    DGD had a cinema day today so didn't go to afterschool club, which meant I had to rush off at 5pm to get her.
    We have just had a stir fry chicken meal and pasta as I need to do some shopping.
    I haven't got any bread, so the bread maker is going to have to be dug out tonight.
    Dispite my dropped curb there was a car blocking the drive when I got home, and there is another one there now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure