• Froggy-G wrote: »
    Happy Friday MCI!! :j:j:D

Damn it!! Thought I'd beat you to it:D:rotfl:

MCI
    Mortgage Free x 1 03.11.2012 - House rented out Feb 2016
    Mortgage No 2: £82, 595.61 (31.08.2019)
    OP's to Date £8500

Renovation Fund:£511.39;
    Nectar Points Balance: approx £30 (31.08.2019)
  • Carp night's sleep again, awake at 3.30am - nodded off about 6!

Shattered again...

On the MSE front. DHs nephew has now paid him back all the money he owes him - last £100 just been deposited. 50ps also paid in, so £120 added to the fund. Will probably be nothing else for the rest of the month now :-(

DH didn't get back till 11pm last night and he had already rung me to say do some tea for myself - so had yet another fish finger sandwich and DH had an omelette when he got back in. So Fish in pesto and cream sauce has been moved to tonight.

Rest of my shopping to do later.

Happy Friday all.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• MSE:
    • Gas & Electric Fix done
    • Buy birthday cards before the selection disappears out of the shops - got 23 birthdays between now and Christmas. IN PROGRESS (8 bought 01/11)
    • Make Christmas List and Set Budget this weekend?
    • Freezer & Cupboard Inventory. Half done (filled again)
    • Mealplans for October and November done most of November
    • Premium Bonds form online to print out
    • ISA Swap still not done
    • Change House Fund Savings to better rate as introductory rate finishes on 05.11.2013. Still not done
    Christmas:
    • Tackle the Mum's about coming to ours for Christmas Dinner both mums are coming under what seems to be duress! ordering turkey crown this weekend
    • Make Christmas Cake fruit bought - next weekend (09/11)
    • Make Mincemeat - done
    • Make Preserved Lemons - done
    • Budget & List (mentioned above I know) still not done
    Home:
    • Declutter as much as possible ON-GOING
    • Organise Catering Stuff
    • Organise Baking Stuff - 3/4 done - bought 2 boxes from £shop saving myself £1 in total!
    • Charity Paperwork
    • Personal Paperwork
    • Put away Summer Clothes
    Personal:
    • Put repeat prescription in (this week) done
    • Catering Supplies Order - done
    • New jeans and suit done, except suit :mad: more jeans required:o more jeans and winter boots ordered 31/10
    • Book week off done
    • Keep going at the Allotment ON-GOING Onion Sets and more kale going in at the weekend praying for a couple of hours dry weather on Sunday - got to get this done - still praying for 03/11
    Charity:
    • One bid to be completed
    • One bid to write
    • Ring HMRC re Gift Aid application (seems to be taking for ever!) - they have been in contact with us!!!!
    • Book Christmas Arts & Crafts Fair Venue - done
    • Small Christmas Cakes (09/11), Chutneys (02/11), Biscotti, Preserved Lemons (done), Peaches in Brandy & Pears in Ameretto for fundraising purposes
    • Order Christmas Raffle Tickets - done
    • Schedule Facebook Posts - next weeks are done
    • Letter demanding money - Job done in August still un-paid done posted today - THEY HAVEN'T PICKED IT UP FROM THE POST OFFICE!!!!!
    • Minutes from last meeting - done, but now have more to do!
    • Scrap to scrapyard - done
    • Printer Cartridges to be sent off for cash
    • Information for Church Review about Macmillan Total and our Arts & Crafts Fayre to help advertise - done
    • Temp Project Worker final payslip and P45
    • Banners and promotional postcards ordered - done
    • Packaging Supplies to be ordered

Mum:
    • Plant/Bulb Orderused 10% discount code too
    • Bookplates
    • New Windows finishing off today
    • Sort Roof Repairs DH and friend have looked at the roof :eek: insurance does not cover it :eek: patch up job needs to be planned in before they loose the weather completely :eek:
    • Electric Fix for Mum (given her options, she just has to choose) - done
    • Source new chairs and carpet for front room (might be after Christmas, but got to at least have a look) going to IKEA with Mum on my week off - she's never been, she's looking forward to it
    MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• Stupid o'clock again. 2 days running. Really need to batten down this list and then maybe I can get some sleep.

Just really anxious that I am going to have too much to do on my week off so trying to get the majority of it sorted before then.

The charity list just keeps growing - in fact, it has done me good to write it all down so I know how much I am doing.

Need to plan in taking posters for Christmas Arts and Crafts round - 16/11 I think. Leaflets also need to be sorted for then as I break up from work on 15th (will need to use work's copier).

Had a letter from allotment people. They are satisfied with the work that has been done, but if I am reported again to the committee in the next 12 months, I will be kicked off (charming!)

My plan for today:

- Put the washing on.
    - Sort out chutney stuff to take to mums.
    - Wrap friends' birthday presents (2 friends and MIL birthday today)
    - Order turkey.
    - Get pickling vinegar from local shop as Mr T has de-stocked for the year!
    - Make Chutneys at Mums.
    - Catch up with said 2 friends for an hour.
    - Come home and do Payslip, P45 and Wage Summary Sheets.

Fish has been postponed again till tonight. (Fortunately its frozen). DH and I fancied something meaty and got a ready done Texan Brisket and Crusty Bread from Mr W - DH paid and was cheaper than going out or getting a takeaway.

Just realised that apart from actually doing a Christmas present list and budget - I have got to buy said presents!

AAAgggghhhhhh - think I need to go back to doing my 1 minute mediations - need to reduce the amount of stress in my life. Believe it or not I am actually better organised than I was last year, but I feel constantly closer to meltdown.

Need to stay focused and I am glad to say that this diary is helping me to do this.

Thanks for reading my ramblings!

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    What is your caffeine intake like, MCI?
  • Practically zero caffeine here. Gave it up a couple of years ago. Odd real cup of tea (pprobably 4 this year) A bit of chocolate and coffee when I go on holiday if its nice. (and then only one cup a day) the rest of the time I drink redbush tea.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Thats good then. Alcohol?
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Poor MCI - while the updated list was a thing of beauty - you need to get more snooze!

Do you think that you've maybe got too much on at the moment? While 1 minute meditation sounds ok, could you fit in a brisk walk to clear your head and smell whatever flower's in season at present? ;)
  • Alchemilla wrote: »
    Thats good then. Alcohol?

It is true that I like to indulge in a glass of wine or two, but it doesn't seem to make any difference whether I have had a glass or not at the moment.

I try not to drink in the week apart from Wednesday, when DH and I have a meal in and a glass of wine.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• Poor MCI - while the updated list was a thing of beauty - you need to get more snooze!

Do you think that you've maybe got too much on at the moment? While 1 minute meditation sounds ok, could you fit in a brisk walk to clear your head and smell whatever flower's in season at present? ;)

Thanks Ed - maybe I will do both! Although if I go out at the moment I will be smelling like wet dog/cat rather than what flowers are in season:rotfl:.

Thanks for your concern and I agree I should get more snooze!

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure