Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread

Comments

• anamenottaken
    anamenottaken Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 May 2018 at 10:03PM
    Anyone else tried to confirm with SFF that they want to continue receiving offers? If so, did you get what I did of the requirement to confirm "I have read and accept the above Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions" but if I click on either of what would appear to be hyperlinks to those two documents, get a pop-up asking me to accept the T&C in order to proceed. So I would have to accept the T&C and possibly never see what they are! In theory I could then opt out if I didn't like them but who knows .......

(And I haven't accepted the T&C but will wait to see what they do about this - and will let myself be forgotten if they can't get it right.)

ETA: And now I've found that T&C/Privacy document may have opened in a new window but has now disappeared.
  • Mitchmente
    Mitchmente Posts: 11 Forumite
    Anyone else tried to confirm with SFF that they want to continue receiving offers? If so, did you get what I did of the requirement to confirm "I have read and accept the above Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions" but if I click on either of what would appear to be hyperlinks to those two documents, get a pop-up asking me to accept the T&C in order to proceed. So I would have to accept the T&C and possibly never see what they are! In theory I could then opt out if I didn't like them but who knows .......

(And I haven't accepted the T&C but will wait to see what they do about this - and will let myself be forgotten if they can't get it right.)

ETA: And now I've found that T&C/Privacy document may have opened in a new window but has now disappeared.

If you login to SFF AND click “Manage my email preferences” there are the links to the privacy policy and T’s & C’s there that you can click on and read through.
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post

I couldn't even "tick the boxes" on my tablet when I'd logged in - even though it had defaulted to the "MOBILE" site.
    Selected DESKTOP site and I was able to do it OK

Also encountered the problems you describe - the Privacy Policy link "MID-page" is Java script and opens within the current page despite the pop-up re "accept T&C and continue" (well it did for me)

The links at the bottom of the page will allow you to open in a new window as has been mentioned by Mitchmente

They take you here .....

http://www.showfilmfirst.com/info/T+%252526+C.html

and

http://www.showfilmfirst.com/info/Privacy+Policy.html

There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • Has anyone had any emails off SFF lately? I re registered etc and did what my email told me back in May when GDPR stuff came in but haven't heard from them since, are there just no free films at the moment?
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I have, yes.
    Went to a good gig last week in central London.
    I tend to mostly get gigs not films in central London. I don't think they do free films in London.
  • Alikay
    Alikay Posts: 5,147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yes, I've had a couple of emails recently offering gigs rather than cinema tickets: A couple of comedy shows in the East Mids and a horse racing event with extra entertainment. Both sounded great but were too far to travel on a school night, so sadly had to decline :(
  • Had an offer for Whitney tonight, but my cinema not on list
    "Sealed Pot challenge" member No. 138

2012 £ 3147.74 2013 £1437.532014 £ 2356.52
  • I had the Whitney one but I was already at a ladies night :-) When I finally get one I cannot go. Sods law.
  • aife
    aife Posts: 220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    lisyloo wrote: »
    I have, yes.
    Went to a good gig last week in central London.
    I tend to mostly get gigs not films in central London. I don't think they do free films in London.

I'm in London , I've had several films over the past few months , Bit quieter past few weeks but got offered one yesterday
    I get quite a lot of 'art house ' type films , I assume there are less people going for these so maybe they target people who respond to certain categories ?
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 August 2018 at 4:44PM
    re :Searching code ( thanks)

My ticket does not show the QR code and has a "broken image" icon instead. As this is what is scanned, it will lead to problems

Anyone else got this? and any solutions?

I've emailed support at weticketit and will report what they say, if anything
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure