Radio times

Options
Radio times have been calling me trying to get me to take out magazine subscription, just thought i'd let everyone know as they must have got my number through a comp i've entered!! the number they called from is 02075365377 x x

(i think it was radio times.. was defo radio something.. i was on school run at the time!)

Comments

• Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,174 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    mmm_wine wrote: »
    Radio times have been calling me trying to get me to take out magazine subscription, just thought i'd let everyone know as they must have got my number through a comp i've entered!! the number they called from is 02075365377 x x

(i think it was radio times.. was defo radio something.. i was on school run at the time!)

I just had that call too, it was Radio Times, he pretended I used to be a subscriber. Offered me 6 copies for £1. Told him I didn't have a TV.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • chrissie57
    chrissie57 Posts: 4,857 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you - just came online to google that number :)
    "If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you. "
    A.A. Milne

We are such stuff
    As dreams are made on; and our little life
    Is rounded with a sleep.

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced (James Baldwin)
  • ANGELWINGS
    ANGELWINGS Posts: 2,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Misslayed wrote: »
    I just had that call too, it was Radio Times, he pretended I used to be a subscriber. Offered me 6 copies for £1. Told him I didn't have a TV.

That's brilliant, I would never have thought to say that, it made me chuckle 🙂
  • lomaxsylvia
    lomaxsylvia Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Same here, had a job shaking him off, he was quite !!!!!.
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • opaque
    opaque Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    6 copies for £1? I got offered 12!
    I'm thinking of doing it though as it would include the Christmas edition and for that price why not, I've stopped getting WOTV and at least RT has more extra content as well.

The phonecall tracks to Immediate Media who seem to be the legit company anyway. Just the matter of doing the direct debit over the phone that is the odd thing I suppose. But then how else would they be able to catch you out for not cancelling that after the trial period?

They got my details from competitions as I've only been at my new address 6 months and there is nowhere else it would have come from that I can think of.
  • hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've had two phone calls in 2 days for it. They did say it was from a competition I had entered thought I didn't catch the details.
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • rosemac
    rosemac Posts: 6,576 Forumite
    Options
    Got same phone call and was told it was from a comp I entered.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure