What comes next after phone conversation

Hi all, I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I feel as though I was expecting more.

On Saturday 16th February I submitted the bankruptcy forms
On Monday 18th February (at around 9:30am) the status was changed to approved (less than 1 working hour after submitting the forms)
On Tuesday 19th February I received a call from the insolvency practitioner (I think, might have been OR) who wanted to book a phone interview, she also said that if I have the time to do it there and then she can do that. I opted to get it out of the way.

The call lasted about 20 minutes and covered subjects such as how I ended up here, what I've done to attempt to resolve the issues beforehand. What debts there were etc...

She stated that they're not interested in any of my assetts as I don't have anything worth enough to list. They won't be seeking an IPA as my income comprises entierly of benefits and due to disability I am unlikely to be working in the next 12 months.

She said I will receive the paperwork through the post soon to read/check/sign and return.

Would this have been the interview, or would it be a kind of pre-interview?

If that was the interview, after returning the paperwork is that everything done other than waiting and notifying changes over the year?
I may be wrong sometimes, I learn a little every time I'm corrected.

Comments

• Hi yes as your's was a very straightforward case for the examiner I would say that's it!!!
    Return the paperwork and sit back and wait for the year to be over and you will be discharged.
    You already know to notify them of any changes.
    If you get any calls from creditors quote them your B.R no and if they continue to harass you notify your examiner (O.R)
    Try to relax and get on with your life now...the hard part is over.
    Good luck
  • thevdm
    thevdm Posts: 137 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Excellent, if it's taken a couple of days to go from start to finish (bar the year of restrictions) then I'm happy with that. I already feel 1,000 times better than I did a week ago. The only stresses I have left to deal with is a waiting for the details for my new basic bank account to arrive and switching a few bits over to it.

The sun is out, it's my youngests 2nd birthday tomorrow, I better prepare her for a trip to the park and forget about how stressful this last few months has been knowing that I should never have any reason to get in debt again (except the student loan, but that's more of a tax than a debt).
    I may be wrong sometimes, I learn a little every time I'm corrected.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure