Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 13th Jun 08, 7:59 PM
    • 3,936Posts
    • 2,943Thanks
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here
    • 13th Jun 08, 7:59 PM
    0 WOW
    Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here 13th Jun 08 at 7:59 PM
    This is a continuation of the previous thread which can be read HERE.

The thread for Tesco Voucher Codes can be found HERE.
    Whilst the discussion thread can be found HERE.

This thread is for discussion of everything else related to Tesco Clubcard.

For discussion on the Loyalty Points Article, please join us HERE.
    Last edited by saintscouple; 06-08-2008 at 6:00 PM. Reason: Loyalty Cards Link added.
Page 3
  • charlie42bravo
    It is worth working out how many Clubcard vouchers you could convert to holiday Deals before planning on using them for a holiday. You need to convert a significant amount before it becomes worthwhile because you cannot use any other offers.

For example, assume you want to take a 2000 holiday. You can fairly usually get 10% off a holiday using the right method so we can assume that holiday would cost 1800.

If you wanted to use Clubcard vouchers to buy Deals you would need to have enough to compensate for not getting the 10% off. For example, if I had 50 of Clubcard vouchers that I converted to Deals that would get me 200 off the holiday but I would effectively be throwing away 200 worth of Deals! Whereas if I had 250 of Clubcard vouchers that would give me 1000 off the holiday, which would be equivalent to a 800 saving overall.
    Originally posted by King Of Fools
    Don't know if it is different for holidays in the UK, but I have just booked a family holiday to Pontins using clubcard vouchers and still got the online discount despite booking it over the phone and also the other discounts which were being offered at the time. The holiday for five ended up costing 66. Not bad for two adults and three kids!
  • stikiuk
    Tesco deal of the day (clubcard points)
    Just a quick question, hopefully someone will know.

What happens with regard to your culbcard points when you buy online ?
    I just bought the deal of the day ( Men Behaving Badly 6 pack ), and was wondering if they just automatically add your points for you :confused: :confused:

Thnx in advance x

• welsh_cake
    • By welsh_cake 5th Jul 08, 1:39 PM
    • 789 Posts
    • 1,456 Thanks
    welsh_cake
    Yeah they will add them for you. Assuming you input your clubcard number, then it should all be fine.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, then I want to go where they go.
  • stikiuk
    Yeah they will add them for you. Assuming you input your clubcard number, then it should all be fine.
    Originally posted by welsh_cake
    There was nowhere for me to input the clubcard number :confused:

• ruth7979
    • By ruth7979 5th Jul 08, 2:17 PM
    • 378 Posts
    • 1,438 Thanks
    ruth7979
    They nromally ask for your clubcard details when you first register with them, they then add points onto the registered card each time you buy things. If you co into your account details and look under clubcard it will show if you have one and what points are on it. Hope this helps Ruth7979
    • welsh_cake
    • By welsh_cake 5th Jul 08, 3:09 PM
    • 789 Posts
    • 1,456 Thanks
    welsh_cake
    I'm sure they will be put on - if not, when you check your clubcard points if they are not on there call Tesco and i am sure that they will add them for you. Your card was probably already registered so you didn't need to put it in again.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, then I want to go where they go.
  • Carmina Piranha
    Looking for advice please! I collect points on both a normal clubcard (with cc) and also clubcard plus (two sets of mailings).

I am saving my tesco vouchers over the next 2 years so I can get enough (or at least a significant contribution towards!) deals for laser eye surgery - I've looked at the T&C for it and it says the clubcard deals vouchers must be in the name of the person who the surgery is for -
    so I just wondered would it matter that they came from two different clubcard accounts, or would it be ok because both sets would have my name on them and are linked to my address?
    Originally posted by turtlemoose
    i was wondering this - my husband has the most points but it's me who wants the treatment - do the vouchers say mr john smith, or just smith?
    'bad mothers club' member 13

* I have done geography as well *
    • kennyjosiah
    • By kennyjosiah 7th Jul 08, 11:23 AM
    • 198 Posts
    • 293 Thanks
    kennyjosiah
    Tesco Baby Club - Help my points token gave me money off - I wanted the points
    :confused: Does anyone know what to do (or had the same problem) - I received points vouchers from Tesco Baby Club and bought most of the items as I wanted to build my points up for birthday trip to Alton Towers - I was in a rush and only noticed on the receipt on the way out that insted of 100 points I had been given 1 off (same for all my vouchers money is no good as 100 points is worth 4 in alton towers deal) I went stright to the instore customer services who told me there was nothing they could do to get in touch with the baby club - I emailed tesco clubcard but havent received any reply - does anyone know the contact details for tesco baby club ??? :confused:
  • mandamonkey
    I had problems with Tesco baby club vouchers. Couldn't find contact number specifically for baby club, so phoned Tesco customer services, and they were really helpful, and sorted the problem.
    • isualive
    • By isualive 9th Jul 08, 8:32 AM
    • 6,761 Posts
    • 4,731 Thanks
    isualive
    Can someone help me please? I ordered Days Out vouchers totalling 60. I've spent some of them going to Longleat. Can I use the Days Out vouchers left at other attractions or can I only use them at longleat? Sorry to be so dim, but I'm not sure whether they give tickets to other attractions, or just plain Days out vouchers.
    Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. ~ Mother Teresa
    • redmerlot
    • By redmerlot 9th Jul 08, 3:39 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    redmerlot
    Just to add a followup to my question.

I contacted Tesco today and its correct they cannot be replaced. However a friend told me that if l had told Tesco that I had not recevied them they would have been replaced as Tesco themselves don't send them out special delivery !

It doesn't pay to be honest
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Carmina Piranha
    oh that's a shame! tesco replaced some of my vouchers when i called and said i had lost them, but they wouldn't replace my friend's vouchers even though hers went missing during being posted to her from tesco! they can check to see if they've been used, and because my friend's vouchers had been used in the local tesco express off some shopping they said she couldn't have replacements!

they could see that mine had not been used, using the reference numbers i suppose? maybe they keep a record of what they send to you?

is it worth another call to ask them if they can tell whether yours have been used or not?

• geeky
    • By geeky 9th Jul 08, 6:38 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    geeky
    Tesco Travel Insurance when using Club card deals
    Hi,

I've just booked a mobile home in Spain for a few nights in August with deals tokens. I used 137.50 in tokens (worth 550), which menat I only had just over 100 to pay. Very Happy

The thing is when I rang the holiday compay they told me I had to get my holday insurance through Tesco as I had paid by vouchers.

We are not onl going to the caravan site we have also got a hotel elswhere before hand - paid in cash.

Anyone know why I need to be covered with Tesco and not ayone else and what exactly I wold be covered for. Have had a normal travel insurance quote from them in the past and it was extortionate in comparison to other providers

I'm a little confused!
    • King Of Fools
    • By King Of Fools 10th Jul 08, 5:36 PM
    • 1,553 Posts
    • 600 Thanks
    King Of Fools
    The thing is when I rang the holiday compay they told me I had to get my holday insurance through Tesco as I had paid by vouchers.

Anyone know why I need to be covered with Tesco and not ayone else and what exactly I wold be covered for. Have had a normal travel insurance quote from them in the past and it was extortionate in comparison to other providers
    Originally posted by geeky
    It is to do with claiming the money back if you need to cancel the holiday.

If you use normal insurance then you would only be able to claim back the cash you spent (100) and you would lose all the voucher value. Tesco insurance would also refund you the Clubcard points spent.
    • pa2539
    • By pa2539 11th Jul 08, 1:16 PM
    • 5,384 Posts
    • 1,612,348 Thanks
    pa2539
    Laser eye surgery
    i was wondering this - my husband has the most points but it's me who wants the treatment - do the vouchers say mr john smith, or just smith?
    Originally posted by Carmina Piranha
    I've just stumbled across this board and have asked the same question. I have the clubcard with my husband as the spare card. The vouchers will all have my name on them but it's my husband that wants the laser eye surgery. So can we do this?

I've emailed those nice clubcard people and will let you know when and if I get an answer.
  • Carmina Piranha
    thanks

i suppose i ought to ask them if i can have the consultation first, to work out which treatment i need and how long i need to save for lol! mine is bound to cost 2k instead of the 395 per eye offer

• pa2539
    • By pa2539 11th Jul 08, 3:52 PM
    • 5,384 Posts
    • 1,612,348 Thanks
    pa2539
    Laser eye surgery vouchers
    Just got the response from the nice clubcard man re: vouchers and laser eye surgery. Hope this helps others.

"Thanks for your email.

The good news is that when you order Clubcard deals tokens, they will
    only come with your surname on them. This means you will be able to use
    them for your husbands laser eye surgery.

If you need further help, simply phone us on 0808 100 0707"
  • archived user
    Quick question:-

Is there any benefit to carry on using the "old" Clubcard or shall I just start using the "new" Clubcard that everyone got a couple of months back?

ISTR at the time it was said that maybe the T&Cs had changed on the new card.

Thanks in advance.
    • fluffybunny
    • By fluffybunny 12th Jul 08, 9:49 PM
    • 379 Posts
    • 1,329 Thanks
    fluffybunny
    Can someone help me please? I ordered Days Out vouchers totalling 60. I've spent some of them going to Longleat. Can I use the Days Out vouchers left at other attractions or can I only use them at longleat? Sorry to be so dim, but I'm not sure whether they give tickets to other attractions, or just plain Days out vouchers.
    Originally posted by isualive
    yes...Longleat deals start with the code S

You can use them at any other location also with the code starting with S. eg, days out, restaurants etc
    • isualive
    • By isualive 14th Jul 08, 5:23 PM
    • 6,761 Posts
    • 4,731 Thanks
    isualive
    Thanks so much!!!
    Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. ~ Mother Teresa
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,174Posts Today

7,397Users online

Martin's Twitter