Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sbworcs01
    • By sbworcs01 13th Nov 19, 7:50 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sbworcs01
    Arrow Global
    • 13th Nov 19, 7:50 PM
    Arrow Global 13th Nov 19 at 7:50 PM
    Hope this is the correct forum

A family member has received a notifcation from the court of non payment of a judgement that they knew nothing about and is, understandably in a panic,

They have had no letters from Arrow Global, nothing from the court prior to today. (She has lived at current address for over 3 years now)

CHecked credit file via Clearscore and nothing personally listed against them but there is a financial link showing with an ex partner (over 3 years ago).

I have told them to call the court in the morning and ask them to confirm -

Who the original debt was with
    WHen it was taken out
    Was it Joint / SIngle etc.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Page 1
    • WhenIam64
    • By WhenIam64 13th Nov 19, 8:24 PM
    • 925 Posts
    • 600 Thanks
    WhenIam64
    • 13th Nov 19, 8:24 PM
    • 13th Nov 19, 8:24 PM
    A family member has received a notification from the court
    Which court is it? Is it Moneyclaim at Northampton/Manchester or your local one?

Typically Arrow and others will hose out CCJ claims to see which ones stick. The key issue is the address to which the claim was sent. If it is the current address, then you have a more difficult task than if it was an old address.

The court will not know the answer to the questions posed; that will be Arrow.

If they want to get the CCJ set-aside they will have to act in a reasonable time with a defence and with a reason why they did not reply to the claim.
    Unlike some here, I am not omniscient. If I am wrong correct me. I won't take offence.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

625Posts Today

4,189Users online

Martin's Twitter