Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 26th Nov 07, 5:50 PM
    • 1,874Posts
    • 6,140Thanks
    MSE Archna
    Energy: Find the cheapest supplier & earn cashback
    • 26th Nov 07, 5:50 PM
    Energy: Find the cheapest supplier & earn cashback 26th Nov 07 at 5:50 PM

This thread is specifically to discuss the content of the

Gas & Electricity plus Cashback Article

To discuss or ask a question about this article: click reply

Read the old thread here
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 26-03-2014 at 8:43 PM.
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Page 196
    • Joe9090
    • By Joe9090 19th Oct 19, 5:43 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Joe9090
    Moved to British Gas via the Cheap Energy Club in Oct 2018 and rate now due to change.

However, on looking at my account on the CEC web page it still has me down as change in progress and therefore not certain what I should now do as unable to look into a new change.

Advice appreciated if anyone knows how to sort this out.
    Originally posted by Murielson
    Why don't you send them an email?........

CONTACTS
    If you have any queries or concerns, you can email us at energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com. Please include your full name, the email address you joined with and your postcode

https://clubs.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub/faq.
    • sovsov1357
    • By sovsov1357 19th Nov 19, 8:11 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    sovsov1357
    Does anyone know if I switch from British Gas fixed June2020 to British Gas fixed Dec 2020 if Iíll have to pay the £60 exit fee? Thanks...
    • EnergyRookie
    • By EnergyRookie 19th Nov 19, 8:28 AM
    • 95 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    EnergyRookie
    Does anyone know if I switch from British Gas fixed June2020 to British Gas fixed Dec 2020 if Iíll have to pay the £60 exit fee? Thanks...
    Originally posted by sovsov1357
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6070689
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 19th Nov 19, 8:38 AM
    • 7,081 Posts
    • 19,935 Thanks
    Doc N
    Originally posted by sovsov1357
    British Gas would know. Perhaps ask them if you want the correct answer?
    • Gerry1
    • By Gerry1 26th Nov 19, 1:04 PM
    • 916 Posts
    • 561 Thanks
    Gerry1
    Simply copy and paste the link into your web browser and it will direct you to Octopus Energy with the £50 sign-up bonus
    Originally posted by Jacobb3669
    Spammer alert !
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 29th Nov 19, 2:06 PM
    • 8,277 Posts
    • 2,870 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Just a post to express my anger that MSE headlines a "cheaper than cheapest energy" switch (via MSE, naturally) when it's FAR from that. In fact, its "special" offers have never been cheaper for me - and THIS one works out at well over £100 dearer than my combination deals. The cashback and bonus don't come close to even matching it and this time MSE hasn't qualified it by saying their offer is only with the "largest" or "better" suppliers at is usually does.

Extremely misleading, incorrect and marketing FALSE CLAIM.

As I have invariably found, ALWAYS check separately for yourself - by all means with the Energy Club but also other comparison sites. Don't be fooled by the widespread hype of "special group energy" switches/deals. I am listed on several and for many years they have NEVER been cheaper than the delas I can find myslef (and with relatively little effort).
    Last edited by mobilejunkie; 29-11-2019 at 2:10 PM.
    • DonnaKebab
    • By DonnaKebab 6th Dec 19, 12:21 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    DonnaKebab
    Does the cheap energy club calculation figures for new tariffs take into account and include the exit fees that you currently would have to pay ?
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 6th Dec 19, 2:03 PM
    • 5,282 Posts
    • 2,639 Thanks
    Consumerist
    Does the cheap energy club calculation figures for new tariffs take into account and include the exit fees that you currently would have to pay ?
    Originally posted by DonnaKebab
    No. It calculates an estimated annual/monthly cost based on your consumption and postcode. You will need to factor in any early-termination charges if you switch earlier than 49 days before your fixed-term contract ends.

Depending on your settings, however, it may or may not include any cashback due from the switch.
    Last edited by Consumerist; 06-12-2019 at 2:05 PM.
    Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

141Posts Today

2,024Users online

Martin's Twitter