Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FatCat17
    • By FatCat17 11th Nov 19, 1:11 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    FatCat17
    Soft searches that I donít recognise
    • 11th Nov 19, 1:11 PM
    Soft searches that I donít recognise 11th Nov 19 at 1:11 PM
    Hi,

I have just checked my credit report and there are 2 soft searches on the 2nd November for car insurance companies that I didnít do. The companies are Hastings and Admiral.

My insurance is not due until the end of January so I have not been looking at car insurance, via these websites specifically or comparison sites.

Is this something to be worried about? If so, how do I go about sorting this out? I am wondering if these companies do random searches to update offers if you have previously used comparison sites, or whether this is a sign of fraudulent activity. I am aware that soft searches donít affect my report but it seems suspicious that 2 different car insurance companies were searched for in my name on the same day.

Thanks.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 11th Nov 19, 1:18 PM
    • 24,344 Posts
    • 27,133 Thanks
    zx81
    • 11th Nov 19, 1:18 PM
    • 11th Nov 19, 1:18 PM
    No. nothing to worry about. All standard stuff.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

134Posts Today

2,744Users online

Martin's Twitter