What small DFW things will you do w/c 11/11/19?

Comments

• 1LL Thanks for starting this week's thread :A

foxgloves like Dawn I have freezer space envy :)

Still no heating, OH emailed the manufacturer yesterday with details of the problem, I'm hoping they can offer a solution.

This week we are very busy with lots of extra education events on, hosted by a national organisation, these are all free :money: We will need to get up and out early and be super organised.

So far today I've taken the children to their regular training session, done the grocery shop - sticking to the list, we've put all the shopping away, been able to offer practical support to 2 different friends, updated the freezer inventory. We have also packed breakfast, lunch, snacks and water as we will be eating whilst on the go.

The stove has been lit, the kettles are on top heating up.

Still many more things to do this evening.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • Good evening all!

Well here I am at long last. I've really missed everyone. I haven't been reading along so I hope we are all present and correct. I'm not 100%, but about 60-70% so that will do. Time to start putting my thinking cap back on.

Today's small things:
    :heartpuls Charge phone in work - done
    :heartpuls Ring drs to book repeat blood test - done
    :heartpuls B/L/D from stores. Today's menu is porridge, tuna pasta, pearl barley risotto - done
    :heartpuls Curtains all shut to retain heat - done
    :heartpuls Heating unfortunately on as only 14 deg in our bedroom and house has a tendency to dampness. Will be turned off by 8/9pm - done
    :heartpuls OH working - done
    :heartpuls Flushing loo with reserved bath water. Finally horrified OH when I showed him the water bill which says we use 3 bath fulls of water per day. One of which is his bath. OH now committed to not pulling the plug out. - done
    :heartpuls Making lots of lists and thinking about things that need to be done. - done
    :heartpuls NSD - done

Have a good evening all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • CLF good to see you back :wave: sorry you're not 100%

One
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Lovely to "see" you back with us CLF, you have been missed. Hope you're back to 100 % soon.

BB, Are you feeling better now?

Ended up being quite a productive day but I still can see lots of things that I need to be doing. As for most of October when I wasn't doing so well, I definitely let things slide which then doesn't help my mood. Really want to have a productive week but also I have a couple of appointments (hospital for ds2 and a financial thing that are likely to take up a lot of time and head space) so I'm going to set myself up with an annoying jobs list ala Foxgloves and try to get things done through the next couple of weeks.
    I didn't get any gift wrapping done but I did
    .. :heart2: receive a free diary from rm surveys (have messaged a friend who still uses a diary to see if she can make use of it and she can so I'll pop that in tomorrow.)
    :heart2: looked in ds2s bookshelf, there is a lovely box set of books that he's not into, such a shame as ds1 had them from the library and really enjoyed them, so I'd bought them for him for xmas last year but they've stayed there pretty much un looked at. (We have already decided NO BOOK SETS for them for xmas this year, as the last two years haven't been very successful!)
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • Thanks for thinking of me 1LL I have improved but still someway to go.

One
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 12 November 2019 at 11:31AM
    Morning all,
    Glad to hear there has been some improvement BB.

This morning morning I have/will
    :heart2: make porridge again for breakfasts :heart2:
    :heart2:go to the gym, see what the class has on it and decide to try it or just walk on the treadmill and stretch :heart2: Did the class, it was so nice to be back and the trainer tweaked a few exercises for me so that I didn't over do it.
    :heart2: take some books that the kids have outgrown to a friend at the gym :heart2:
    :heart2: go to primarni to take back some bags we'd bought for the kids for school :heart2: and bought a hoodie for ds1 for xmas (couldn't buy it the other day as I forgot what size to buy!) thats ds1 finished for xmas now
    :heart2: pop the rm survey diary through my friends door
    :heart2:post items to another mse'r :heart2:

Thats my start, I'll hopefully get all those done and then come up with a 2nd list xx

Take care all
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 November 2019 at 7:39PM
    Morning all :)
    Today's things:
    Leftover pineapple with breakfast porridge and yogurt - sounds a bit odd but was actually quite nice
    I have 3 ebay parcels to post. I will walk into town again for free exercise. First I need to print out paperwork for the Post Office, which I shall do when OH takes the dog for a walk as he barks frantically at the printer - the dog, not OH! Done, and the printer behaved itself as well, which is always a plus!
    I need to sort out the fridge which I didn't get to yesterday. Although some things got used up, fish cakes still need making, and crumbly cheese that has been frozen needs grating so that it is easier to use. Fish cakes made, cheese grated, soup used up for lunch, chicken and salad bits for dinner shortly :)
    The bathroom floor needs cleaning - again :( I chose black and white tiles, as the traditional look seemed to suit the age of the house. But between them, they show every speck of dust and drop of water! Not yet :o
    Lunch will be carrot and coriander soup made with the last of the HG carrots, and dinner will be cold chicken, jacket potatoes and whatever salad bits are left.

DD came round with GS this morning when I got back from the post office.They have colds again, and the little one is teething. Fed them both on HM carrot and coriander soup and HM bread.
    Decided to tackle a small but heavy garden job. Took up a few of the remaining paving stones from the area where the chickens used to be kept, dug over the compacted soil and dug a hole to plant a sage bush and tarragon which was outgrowing its big pot. Got OH to help me get it out of the pot and into the hole, then had to stop. I will level it and plant it properly tomorrow when I have got my breath back! I will also plant a lavender which is currently in an old galvanised bucket. It isn't a very big space, and these big plants which will fill it nicely, be happier than they were in their containers, and will break up the outline of the raised bed adjacent to this small area. And it will smell nice to brush past when I walk down the path :)

Just found an upopened tub of cream close to its date, and some half fat milk left over from something I made last week, so I have put a rice pudding in the oven. Also contemplating a large and somewhat shrivelled orange that for some reason didn't get eaten. Had the idea to make orange (instead of lemon) drizzle cake. Can't see why not! Will have a go tomorrow.

Hopefully there will be more - I felt a bit down yesterday, hope I perk up today and get some stuff done! Brisk walk and heavy digging seems to have cheered me up a bit. May suffer a bit from the digging tomorrow though :rotfl:
  • Morning. Hope you feel a bit better later, Dawn

Banking has been checked
    More ironing to do. Mine this time and not nearly so much as yesterday
    More soup for lunch
    Meatballs for dinner. Need to make a sauce
    Some things to go in a bag for the bin if I can manage to hide them from Himself
    Really must try and do something with the freezers
    Fridge could do with a tidy as well

Finishing coffee and toast and then I'll get started.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning everybody! :wave:

today I am/have

Made porridge for breakfast

taking some of my paintings into a posh cafe looking for local artists to showcase and sell their work (could be extra dosh if it goes well)

following our menu planner - did one last week to use up what we had without having to buy much this week

hoping some online surveys come through - applied last week

having my free flu jab - am a social care worker

doing more painting :)

Have a great day all :T
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,137 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all!

Today I have/will:
    * Do washing up
    * Check banks