Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • murrays2
    • By murrays2 10th Nov 19, 9:17 PM
    • 109Posts
    • 13Thanks
    murrays2
    National Hunter Data
    • 10th Nov 19, 9:17 PM
    National Hunter Data 10th Nov 19 at 9:17 PM
    I am applying for a mortgage soon, and doing my research now for putting me in the best possible position pre application.

I have read about this National Hunter agency.

Long story short, I took out a mobile phone contract with a company called Ratesetter three years ago. They were reporting my address incorrectly to the credit reference agencies. They have admittes this was a mistake on their part - data input. They rectifies it and communicated my correct address to the agencies and it has been cleared up on my reports.

What are the chances however this different address has put marked on National Hunter?

Since then I have opened up two credit cards with no issues, and opened a 1.5k overdraft with my bank.

Would it be worth putting in an SAR to see what data NH have on me if any? Just mindful as I am going for a mortgage and don't want to be rejected over something stupid.

Like I said I am not having problems getting credit, and I have no CIFAS markers on any of my reports. Am I worrying needlessly?

Thanks
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 10th Nov 19, 9:39 PM
    • 35,370 Posts
    • 22,322 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 10th Nov 19, 9:39 PM
    I am applying for a mortgage soon, and doing my research now for putting me in the best possible position pre application.

I have read about this National Hunter agency.

Long story short, I took out a mobile phone contract with a company called Ratesetter three years ago. They were reporting my address incorrectly to the credit reference agencies. They have admittes this was a mistake on their part - data input. They rectifies it and communicated my correct address to the agencies and it has been cleared up on my reports.

What are the chances however this different address has put marked on National Hunter?

Since then I have opened up two credit cards with no issues, and opened a 1.5k overdraft with my bank.

Would it be worth putting in an SAR to see what data NH have on me if any? Just mindful as I am going for a mortgage and don't want to be rejected over something stupid.

Like I said I am not having problems getting credit, and I have no CIFAS markers on any of my reports. Am I worrying needlessly?

Thanks
    Originally posted by murrays2
    You sure it was a phone contract ?
    Ratesetter are a peer to peer lender, dont recall them being in the phone contract business.

Irrespective of that, yes you could be worrying needlessly, don't think it will cost you anything, a little longer process compared to Cifas from what Ive read.
    Last edited by DCFC79; 10-11-2019 at 9:42 PM.
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 10th Nov 19, 9:39 PM
    • 4,359 Posts
    • 2,397 Thanks
    Ben8282
    I believe that you are worrying needlessly.
    • murrays2
    • By murrays2 10th Nov 19, 9:45 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    murrays2
    • 10th Nov 19, 9:45 PM
    • 10th Nov 19, 9:45 PM
    Yeah, it was with Ratesetter. It was for a mobile phone via Giffgaff.

Also, when checking my credit file, I noticed last year TalkTalk had been reporting my account name incorrectly to the agencies. I had tried for months to get them to change this, they misunderstood me when signing up. They eventually did after talking to their fraud department. They rectified the account name correctly and changed it, updating the agencies, but is this also likely to show on something like NH?
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 10th Nov 19, 9:51 PM
    • 4,359 Posts
    • 2,397 Thanks
    Ben8282
    • 10th Nov 19, 9:51 PM
    • 10th Nov 19, 9:51 PM
    Yeah, it was with Ratesetter. It was for a mobile phone via Giffgaff.

Also, when checking my credit file, I noticed last year TalkTalk had been reporting my account name incorrectly to the agencies. I had tried for months to get them to change this, they misunderstood me when signing up. They eventually did after talking to their fraud department. They rectified the account name correctly and changed it, updating the agencies, but is this also likely to show on something like NH?
    No. Stop worrying.
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 11th Nov 19, 12:08 AM
    • 2,905 Posts
    • 2,229 Thanks
    boo_star
    • 11th Nov 19, 12:08 AM
    • 11th Nov 19, 12:08 AM
    No. Stop worrying.
    Originally posted by Ben8282
    Exactly, you're worrying about shades of grey, NH deal in black and white.
    • whitepaper
    • By whitepaper 26th Nov 19, 3:56 PM
    • 104 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    whitepaper
    • 26th Nov 19, 3:56 PM
    • 26th Nov 19, 3:56 PM
    Nice to see that National Hunter were so repaid in returning your SAR. 16 days tops, whereas it usually takes (and they agree it can take) up to a month

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6075078

Concerning to see that a lender such as RateSetter lent you money despite having the incorrect address for you; I would have thought an incorrect address on the application would have thown up a huge 'computer says No' to an application to borrow money as soon as they credit checked you, which they surely would have.

Anyway, the purpose of bumping this thread, now you have received the SAR from NH, is to ask if the erroneous difference in name that Talktalk were previously billing you under, until you finally managed to get them to change it, was reflected at NH?

Usually, different names under which credit agreements are considered are simply reflected as aliasses within a credit history report.

Many people often have alliasses on their credit reports

e.g. Robert Smythe

may have the following aliasses:

Robert Smith
    Bob Smith
    Bob Smythe
    Rob Smith
    Rob Smythe

etc.
    Sometimes they even have with and without a title, such as Mr.

It wouldn't usually cause any issues
    Last edited by whitepaper; 26-11-2019 at 3:58 PM.
    • murrays2
    • By murrays2 26th Nov 19, 4:02 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    murrays2
    • 26th Nov 19, 4:02 PM
    • 26th Nov 19, 4:02 PM
    The report is quite basic from NH.

It shows you a recent check in my case opening a Santander help to buy isa in September.

It then lists your personal information, address, bank account, phone number and any previous addresses.

Report just says status is clear beside all sections.
    • whitepaper
    • By whitepaper 26th Nov 19, 4:17 PM
    • 104 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    whitepaper
    • 26th Nov 19, 4:17 PM
    • 26th Nov 19, 4:17 PM
    The report is quite basic from NH.

It shows you a recent check in my case opening a Santander help to buy isa in September.

It then lists your personal information, address, bank account, phone number and any previous addresses.

Report just says status is clear beside all sections.
    So it had your correct bank account details anyway, plus your HTB ISA account?

You didn't mention that in your thread of today linked to above.
    • murrays2
    • By murrays2 26th Nov 19, 4:21 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    murrays2
    No it only had my help to buy isa details listed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,986Posts Today

7,879Users online

Martin's Twitter