Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • xlnc99
    • By xlnc99 6th Nov 19, 3:30 PM
    • 527Posts
    • 75Thanks
    xlnc99
    Eligibility Check on CRA Agencies
    • 6th Nov 19, 3:30 PM
    Eligibility Check on CRA Agencies 6th Nov 19 at 3:30 PM
    Hi

Ive been desperate to get a credit card to build up my credit rating. Finally last week i was able to apply as its been 2 years since my last CCJ. So i did an eligibility check and was getting 95% and 100% on all the bad credit cards, i.e aqua and vanquis, capital one etc.

I did a few soft searches and applied to three or four.

Today i log in and do the same thing to check all my credit cards. All three of my reports suddenly cant find me a credit card. eligibility check has gone down to 0% for all credit cards, including AQUA etc

Is this normal? What could have caused this. Nothing has changed at all in the last few days.
Page 3
    • xlnc99
    • By xlnc99 9th Nov 19, 9:58 PM
    • 527 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    xlnc99
    Update:

Got a letter back from CIFAS who were very quick. Only applied on Wednesday night for the SAR and the letter came through today through the post giving me the green light

This leads me to belive there is something a miss on national hunter. WIll have to SAR them on Monday. Its pain to SAR them, CIFAS are so straightforward - quick details online and bam. With NH you have to print out a form, sign it, post it and also send ID photocopies.

I am thinking it could be something to do with my address situation. Its been around 20 odd years but ive always been plus/minus 2 or 3 years on my applications. Could this be it?
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 9th Nov 19, 10:59 PM
    • 2,887 Posts
    • 2,222 Thanks
    boo_star
    Update:

Got a letter back from CIFAS who were very quick. Only applied on Wednesday night for the SAR and the letter came through today through the post giving me the green light

This leads me to belive there is something a miss on national hunter. WIll have to SAR them on Monday. Its pain to SAR them, CIFAS are so straightforward - quick details online and bam. With NH you have to print out a form, sign it, post it and also send ID photocopies.

I am thinking it could be something to do with my address situation. Its been around 20 odd years but ive always been plus/minus 2 or 3 years on my applications. Could this be it?
    Originally posted by xlnc99
    Why do you think this?

You applied for 6 different financial products within 4 days, one of which was with one of the pickiest institutions there is in the country (First Direct,) another for a current account who are likely to be picky too, and Asda credit cards who, depending on the product are prime or subprime.

But you've just hammered your credit file in a short space of time. That's a massive red flag to even subprime lenders. Take the advice you've been given here. Lay off the applications for a few months and then apply for maybe a couple of subprime lenders, although having multiple cards isn't actually going to help you.
    • xlnc99
    • By xlnc99 9th Nov 19, 11:06 PM
    • 527 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    xlnc99
    Why do you think this?

You applied for 6 different financial products within 4 days, one of which was with one of the pickiest institutions there is in the country (First Direct,) another for a current account who are likely to be picky too, and Asda credit cards who, depending on the product are prime or subprime.

But you've just hammered your credit file in a short space of time. That's a massive red flag to even subprime lenders. Take the advice you've been given here. Lay off the applications for a few months and then apply for maybe a couple of subprime lenders, although having multiple cards isn't actually going to help you.
    Originally posted by boo_star
    The reason i think this is because out all all my applications the only companies that credit checked me were NEW DAY (Aqua and Amazon Credit Card) and ASDA. Tesco foundation didnt even credit check me neither did First direct, although they did an identity check.

Therefore it seems plausible i did not pass the identity check for some reason
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 9th Nov 19, 11:15 PM
    • 2,887 Posts
    • 2,222 Thanks
    boo_star
    The reason i think this is because out all all my applications the only companies that credit checked me were NEW DAY (Aqua and Amazon Credit Card) and ASDA. Tesco foundation didnt even credit check me neither did First direct, although they did an identity check.

Therefore it seems plausible i did not pass the identity check for some reason
    Even if you didn't you'd be getting declined by application three in four days anyway.

Stop micromanaging things so much and chill out.
    • xlnc99
    • By xlnc99 9th Nov 19, 11:18 PM
    • 527 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    xlnc99
    Yes that is fine. Getting declined based on my credit file, its not the best by any means. But i need to know if there is more to it then that as i just mentioned i got declined without a credit check
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 9th Nov 19, 11:23 PM
    • 2,887 Posts
    • 2,222 Thanks
    boo_star
    Yes that is fine. Getting declined based on my credit file, its not the best by any means. But i need to know if there is more to it then that as i just mentioned i got declined without a credit check
    There isn't.

You're a subprime borrower who went ballistic over four days with credit applications.

I'm in the prime category but I don't think I'd get as far as 6 applications within 4 days without getting auto-declined.
    • xlnc99
    • By xlnc99 9th Nov 19, 11:25 PM
    • 527 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    xlnc99
    your missing the point, i only got credit checked by two companies. The rest rejected me without credit checking me so as far as they are concerned or any other company i did not go ballistic with loads of applications
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 9th Nov 19, 11:34 PM
    • 2,887 Posts
    • 2,222 Thanks
    boo_star
    your missing the point, i only got credit checked by two companies. The rest rejected me without credit checking me so as far as they are concerned or any other company i did not go ballistic with loads of applications
    That you know.

You can go to NH if you want but I suspect it'll come up blank.

Even if NH show up inconsistencies, what are you going to do? It's inconsistency in data YOU gave THEM.
    Last edited by boo_star; 09-11-2019 at 11:36 PM.
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 10th Nov 19, 12:02 AM
    • 6,983 Posts
    • 4,645 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    You’re looking into this way too much and getting yourself all in a pickle.

Stop applying for more credit.
    Clear existing debts.
    Stop making yourself “look good” with multiple credit cards.

It’s really not necessary.
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 10th Nov 19, 2:39 AM
    • 4,293 Posts
    • 2,365 Thanks
    Ben8282
    Now that is ODD. Applications should have resulted in a credit search.
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 10th Nov 19, 5:07 AM
    • 2,887 Posts
    • 2,222 Thanks
    boo_star
    Now that is ODD. Applications should have resulted in a credit search.
    Originally posted by Ben8282
    Odd doesn't begin to describe this one's tall tales.
    • JP2019
    • By JP2019 11th Nov 19, 1:14 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    JP2019
    It’s clearly obvious the OP is not listening and judging by previous posts is desperate for credit and has a problem.

Sorry, I hate to be negative to other posters as usually that’s Gary_dexter’s job but it’s pretty damn obvious this OP is just looking for people to provide cheat/secret/backdoor ways to get accepted or information that may help them get acceptance for a card
    • xlnc99
    • By xlnc99 11th Nov 19, 1:18 AM
    • 527 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    xlnc99
    Erm....

Not sure if you have posted on the correct thread or not. Your post makes no sense. Cheat? Secret? Backdoor ways?

What on earth are you on about
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 11th Nov 19, 7:28 AM
    • 6,983 Posts
    • 4,645 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    Presumably you and your loopholes...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,418Posts Today

6,446Users online

Martin's Twitter