Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kev2009
    • By kev2009 5th Nov 19, 8:45 PM
    • 507Posts
    • 627Thanks
    kev2009
    Nationwide members Exclusive Bond
    • 5th Nov 19, 8:45 PM
    Nationwide members Exclusive Bond 5th Nov 19 at 8:45 PM
    Hi,

Considering opening one of these Nationwide members exclusive bond 1.5% for 18 months and wondered what peoples thoughts were?

I'm thinking this is worth doing as put in 5k and leave it alone for 18 month and get approx 113 interest as opposed to a regular saver which pays a higher rate but is capped on what you can pay each month meaning you don't get much i.e i wouldn't get 113 for example from 1, even paying in 500 a month to some.

I currently have a loyalty savings account with Nationwide which only pays 1.1% so this seems a easy way to open the account as existing member, shouldn't need all the ID stuff and is a better rate.

Thanks

Kev
Page 2
    • d63
    • By d63 7th Nov 19, 1:42 PM
    • 116 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    d63
    Metro offering 1 Year - 1.80% AER.

I don't know what has happened to Nationwide with their interest rates will really miss their regular saver.
    Originally posted by typistretired
    gone the same place as their slogan "we're on your side" ?
    • badger09
    • By badger09 7th Nov 19, 1:46 PM
    • 7,539 Posts
    • 7,050 Thanks
    badger09
    I am with the Nationwide and used to want to keep everything under one roof, current account, savings and credit card.
    Over the last few months Nationwide have fallen out of favour with me.
    I was told I could change my ISA to a loyalty ISA and get a better interest rate, I changed it and 2 weeks later dropped the rate, they have also stopped the regular saver account at 5%.
    So now I have an ISA with them which i keep open as over the next 3-6 months I will use what is in there for home improvements.
    I have in the last month opened a marcus regular saver and a coventry building society regular saver.
    So shop around as there are far better deals out there than what Nationwide can offer.
    Originally posted by madlyn
    Really?

Marcus only offer one savings account, and it isn't a regular saver.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

176Posts Today

1,786Users online

Martin's Twitter