Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CainDingle
    • By CainDingle 30th Oct 19, 12:05 AM
    • 31Posts
    • 4Thanks
    CainDingle
    Xercise4less/Harlands chasing me for money
    • 30th Oct 19, 12:05 AM
    Xercise4less/Harlands chasing me for money 30th Oct 19 at 12:05 AM
    So I took out a membership with xercise4less about 4 years ago. Used them for that time with absolutely no hassle.

Come time to cancel, and there's an online form that they say I need to use to give them 30 days notice. The form doesn't recognise either of my 2 emails (I tried multiples times).

I (perhaps, naively) thought that if they only have bank details down for me, I could just cancel my direct debit and be done.

When it came time to chase me for money they think they are owed, Harlands (the membership management people which the gym use) suddenly have an email address to contact me on, demanding the next months membership fee with an admin charge attached.

Am I in the wrong? Do I pay it, or challenge it? And if challenge it, how?
Page 2
    • WhenIam64
    • By WhenIam64 13th Nov 19, 6:33 AM
    • 911 Posts
    • 588 Thanks
    WhenIam64
    You are going round in circles in the hope that Harlands will do anything other than give you the background to the basis of their claim. They have to prove it, not you to disprove it.

Forget about it but keep a copy of this for later. This is the hurdle that Harlands will need to overcome. Look at Cancellation Clauses and throw in Hidden Terms for afters.

https://www.ihasco.co.uk/uploads/resources/RESOURCE_Blacklist_and_Grey_List_of_Terms.pdf

If you want a third string throw in Misleading and Aggressive Commercial Practices to support the CRA arguement

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/721872/misleading-aggressive-commercial-practices-guidance.pdf
    Last edited by WhenIam64; 13-11-2019 at 6:36 AM.
    Unlike some here, I am not omniscient. If I am wrong correct me. I won't take offence.
    • CainDingle
    • By CainDingle 13th Nov 19, 2:20 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    CainDingle
    I guess I am just being a little jumpy about this. This blacklist really helps, disadvantageous declarations and inappropriate risks could be called into this issue too
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,689Posts Today

8,215Users online

Martin's Twitter