Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    CN123
    Harringtons Advisory???
    • 29th Jun 14, 3:00 PM
    Harringtons Advisory??? 29th Jun 14 at 3:00 PM
    Hi, I've been contacted by a company called Harringtons Advisory based in Bury, who tell me that I am on their list of people who are owed PPI. I have no idea what loan/credit card this may relate to so it's not something I can claim back myself as I wouldn't know where to start.

So, at the moment I don't think I'm owed anything so I'm thinking that even though they will take 39%, I will still be better off than I am now if I sign these forms...yes?

They have advised that all I have to do is sign the forms and return and they will do all the rest...I've heard of people using companies like this and then being then told that the lenders want you to go in to a branch and sign papers etc and it's a nightmare. Is it worth getting involved? Am I actually owed money just because I'm on their list?

Advice gratefully received!
    Thanks!
Page 8
    • SonOf
    • By SonOf 3rd Nov 19, 4:28 PM
    • 1,909 Posts
    • 2,157 Thanks
    SonOf
    Could anyone give me some advice on dealing with this company. Yes I went through them to claim my ppi back and totally wish I hadnít! I now have a £900 bill which is almost half of what I got back from the bank. My debt has now been through 2 debt collection agencies who have threatened me with bailiffs (itís not even been to court) I started 3 letter process they sent me documents within the stated time and now threatening court action. I never fully understood the process of the ppi claim and the fees. (My mistake) but I donít have £900 to pay them in 7 days!
    Originally posted by Raidensprincess
    The guidence is to never use a claims company if you are in arrears, defaults or have amounts written off as part of an agreed settlement. With these, you will see little, if any of the redress but still be liable for the full bill

if you feel that they have missold you their claims services, such as not asking you if you were in arrears or had defaults, then you should raise a complaint to them. If they reject your complaint, then you can refer them to the FOS.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,880Posts Today

7,930Users online

Martin's Twitter