Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • peewhyeff
    • By peewhyeff 18th Mar 13, 7:21 PM
    • 824Posts
    • 1,139Thanks
    peewhyeff
    0 WOW
    Farmfoods, more bargains.
    • 18th Mar 13, 7:21 PM
    0 WOW
    Farmfoods, more bargains. 18th Mar 13 at 7:21 PM
    As well as 2x 1kg bags of sugar for 1.50 ,as previously posted, they are now selling the 1kg tub of Kerrymaid Buttery Spread for 1.00 and tinned chopped plum tomatoes in natural juice 800g price marked 59p OR 2x tins for only 80p. Grab some quick.
Page 3
    • maman
    • By maman 7th May 13, 4:39 PM
    • 20,964 Posts
    • 124,288 Thanks
    maman
    I called in for the usual loo rolls and kitchen roll today and decided to get cheese while I was there.

I opted for the mature cheddar in the end as pack's more manageable. Same price as the extra mature 5 per kg!
  • emma-uk
    We've converted to the Easy 3 in 1 washing powder. 13 washes a box and 2 boxes for 1.50! I have a very mucky 4yr old son and it cleans paint/mud and God knows what else from his clothes smells good too.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 8th May 13, 8:36 AM
    • 31,729 Posts
    • 66,000 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Is it that Nicky stuff, as featured on SuperScrimpers?
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    I didn't see the programme but, yes the Nicky stuff. It's thick and quilted and costs 4 for 18 rolls.
    Originally posted by maman
    I bought some last week, and opened it just this morning to blow my nose (had run out of facial tissues), as I occsionally do with Andrex. What a mistake.

Vile scratchy stuff; it's going nowhere near my butt.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • kitschkitty
    • By kitschkitty 8th May 13, 9:15 AM
    • 3,109 Posts
    • 5,043 Thanks
    kitschkitty
    Well there's always one person who won't like it! My mum says it's better than Charmin, and comparable to other big brands and she hates cheap loo roll! Personally I think it's very soft & strong and better than supermarket own brand products (which incidentally cost more).
    A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
    • fozziebeartoo
    • By fozziebeartoo 8th May 13, 11:10 AM
    • 1,568 Posts
    • 12,696 Thanks
    fozziebeartoo
    Did you get Nicky 2 py or 3 ply?

I find 2 ply awful, but 3 ply excellent......

Except it's too thick for my sewer pipe......dont't ask!!

I bought some last week, and opened it just this morning to blow my nose (had run out of facial tissues), as I occsionally do with Andrex. What a mistake.

• maman
    • By maman 8th May 13, 12:06 PM
    • 20,964 Posts
    • 124,288 Thanks
    maman

Each to his own I suppose!
    • peewhyeff
    • By peewhyeff 19th May 13, 1:09 PM
    • 824 Posts
    • 1,139 Thanks
    peewhyeff
    Yesterday, Turner's Chocolate Assortment 250g bags. Usually found in 1 shops and Iceland etc for 1. Currently in Farmfoods they are 2 bags for 1.50 . They are found on the hanging clips usually near the tills, look for brown bags. You don't know what's in them 'til you open them....it says on the bag 'branded mis-shape chocolates' and I'm sure I read somewhere they are likely to be Cadbury's, anyway they are brilliant value.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 19th May 13, 6:30 PM
    • 31,729 Posts
    • 66,000 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Decided not to go in there again for a while - I know I'll end up buy chocolate as well as frozen berries

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • peewhyeff
    • By peewhyeff 28th May 13, 7:54 PM
    • 824 Posts
    • 1,139 Thanks
    peewhyeff
    Potato prices on their way up....7.5kg bags now 3.25 but Maris Piper now back in stock....had to buy Melody last time. And by the way, Turners bags of chocs were indeed Cadbury...mine had chunky squares of choc that had Cadbury written on them. Yummy.
    • booter
    • By booter 28th May 13, 10:26 PM
    • 1,587 Posts
    • 1,984 Thanks
    booter
    You don't know what's in them 'til you open them....it says on the bag 'branded mis-shape chocolates' and I'm sure I read somewhere they are likely to be Cadbury's, anyway they are brilliant value.
    Originally posted by peewhyeff
    This reminds me, I bought a 1.5kg box of "broken biscuit assortment" (not the chocolate assortment) and they turned out to be Fox's - in particular (in my box at least) the nicest chocolate chip cookies (thick, huge chunks of chocolate), golden crunch creams, finger creams, milk creams and a couple of other varieties. And very few were actually broken - they were more misshapen/off centre! I think they were 1.50 and they would've been a bargain if we didn't eat them so quickly! But I'm back next week for some more
    • kitschkitty
    • By kitschkitty 29th May 13, 2:23 PM
    • 3,109 Posts
    • 5,043 Thanks
    kitschkitty
    I got the boxes of broken biscuits today they are 1kg, The normal assortment is 1.95 (includes crunch creams etc) and the chocolate assortment is 2.95, both look to have lots of nice biscuits in them.

Picked up a Dr. Oetker Casa di Mama Pizza (salami) for 1 they also have mozzarella with pesto.
    They also have the Ristiorante pizzas at 1.50.

Loads of Crispellos back in stock at 15p each (hubby will be happy)

Ben and Jerry's 2 and 4 ice-cream Mars bars 1.
    • MoodyMel
    • By MoodyMel 29th May 13, 4:00 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 293 Thanks
    MoodyMel
    Those tinned tomatoes sound excellent value. 80p for 2 x 800g!! I currently pay 39p for a 400g tin from Aldi and I tend to need 2 per meal (bolognese/chilli) as there are 6 of us.

I think I will run in for some of those next time we are in town.

Also are the potatoes washed or dirty ones, please?
    • honeythewitch
    • By honeythewitch 29th May 13, 9:28 PM
    • 875 Posts
    • 3,083 Thanks
    honeythewitch
    Those tinned tomatoes sound excellent value. 80p for 2 x 800g!! I currently pay 39p for a 400g tin from Aldi and I tend to need 2 per meal (bolognese/chilli) as there are 6 of us.

I think I will run in for some of those next time we are in town.

Also are the potatoes washed or dirty ones, please?
    Originally posted by MoodyMel
    The potatoes are dirty unfortunately, and I wasn't impressed with the ones I had last week.
    Lidl do a similar size and they are usually ok
    • PLRFD
    • By PLRFD 29th May 13, 9:42 PM
    • 848 Posts
    • 906 Thanks
    PLRFD
    Oh my God dirty spuds ?
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 30th May 13, 4:26 PM
    • 31,729 Posts
    • 66,000 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Oh my God dirty spuds ?
    Originally posted by PLRFD
    You know full well what MoodyMel meant when she asked the question .

Did you get Nicky 2 py or 3 ply?

I find 2 ply awful, but 3 ply excellent......

Except it's too thick for my sewer pipe......dont't ask!!
    Originally posted by fozziebeartoo
    I did check the other week: it's the 3-ply. But tbf I had no intention of doing anything with it, much less flushing it down the loo. I supposed it might do as kitchen roll / for wiping down hard-wearing surfaces? (I don't include my a*s in that context!).

• Angela
    • By Angela 30th May 13, 5:23 PM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 5,378 Thanks
    Angela
    The turners chocs are 25% extra in my store.
    I bought two packs to check them out.
    • kitschkitty
    • By kitschkitty 30th May 13, 11:19 PM
    • 3,109 Posts
    • 5,043 Thanks
    kitschkitty
    The turners chocs are 25% extra in my store.
    I bought two packs to check them out.
    Originally posted by Angela
    I'm not hugely impressed with the bags we got, both full of exactly the same thing in each bag (even in the same quantity) and both included one smushed mint cream that made the whole bag slightly taste of mint! Hubby liked the rose creams, I found 2 fudge in the whole lot, the rest are the purple ones with the nut, squares that are like mint matchsticks & squares that have crispy rice in them - but all the squares look exactly the same so you can't tell which is which till you bite them!

Anyway I forgot to mention FF's Jambon Serrano (70g) is 1 and tastes lovely.
    • peewhyeff
    • By peewhyeff 31st May 13, 2:46 PM
    • 824 Posts
    • 1,139 Thanks
    peewhyeff
    Your bags of chocolate completely different selection to any of my recent bags....I've had hard caramels and chunky squares of just chocolate and some strawberry creamy one's...must admit to preferrring hard ones. KRACKAWHEAT only 39p, supermarkets usually 1.29, only recently remarked to someone that not so long ago I remember paying 69p and they were often BOGOF, those were the days. Also today, AUNT BESSIE'S PUDS...Jam Roly Poly or Spotted !!!! @ 89p.
    • Angela
    • By Angela 31st May 13, 6:37 PM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 5,378 Thanks
    Angela
    I was very impressed with my turners chocs had turkish delight, strawberry creams, dark choc covered toffee, hazelnut caramels and fudge I think 250 gms for 1 is a bargain
    • peewhyeff
    • By peewhyeff 1st Jun 13, 12:33 AM
    • 824 Posts
    • 1,139 Thanks
    peewhyeff
    I was very impressed with my turners chocs had turkish delight, strawberry creams, dark choc covered toffee, hazelnut caramels and fudge I think 250 gms for 1 is a bargain
    Originally posted by Angela

And 2 x 250g for 1:50 an even bigger bargain. Glad you enjoyed them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

134Posts Today

2,744Users online

Martin's Twitter