Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning fredandwilma and, yes, today is one of my Saturdays in although I won't be on MSE all the time. Well, not at the moment anyway.

Glad the information was of use and you're looking forward to the Reward points. Happy spending. :)

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well, not at the moment anyway.

In that case, you're just a figment of my imagination? :D
    Glad the information was of use and you're looking forward to the Reward points. Happy spending. :)

Malc

Will do, thanks. :)

Have a good day / weekend.

f&w
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    pineapple wrote: »
    Some feedback from me. Personally I would rather a competitive price than any Rewards. I live out in the sticks and as they can't be spent online, I would have to drive around 50 miles round trip to get to a participating retailer. The exception being a small Boots in a market town 8 miles away.

Thanks for the feedback pineapple. Totally understand where you're coming from. We've seen an increasing number of comments of this kind over recent months and this is one of the reasons why we've pulled the scheme. It'll also allow us to look at other options and you'll see changes to our product portfolio as the year goes on.

Thanks again for the feedback pineapple. It's really useful. Helena and I always pass such things on to those who make the decisions at E.ON.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    In that case, you're just a figment of my imagination? :D

Will do, thanks. :)

Have a good day / weekend.

f&w

Thanks f&w. You too. :)

Malc
    Options
    icharus wrote: »
    Ditto. Like a number of others on this site I don't want to switch, but the transfer is now in process.

As I said in another thread I would really like to know EON's logic on this. I suspect that in the next month or so the stats will show EON is losing market share and a competitive tariff will suddenly appear, just too late for current leavers!

Those further up the ladder are obviously not listening to Malc et al or this has been a really number crunching calculated decision re the current tariffs.

Sorry icharus. Missed this yesterday. Understand what you're saying and it must appear we're not being listened to but, don't worry, this won't stop us feeding back. We've had quite a bit of impact on various issues over the years although it can sometimes take a time to come through. I suspect much too late for current issues.

Malc
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    -1 to EON, Will be leaving as EON tariff EHL ending next month and no other competitive ones on market from EON or even collective schemes.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Options
    We've had quite a bit of impact on various issues over the years although it can sometimes take a time to come through. I suspect much too late for current issues.
    It's a guessing game isn't it. One course for people affected would be to hang fire a while in the hope that something comes up. Risking of course, losing some better deals currently on the market. The other course is to switch then switch back if Eon is still a preferred supplier and comes up with something better. The downside is that would be two switches. I do hear of people going back and forth regularly but it's not for me. My last experience was horrendous.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's a guessing game isn't it. One course for people affected would be to hang fire a while in the hope that something comes up. Risking of course, losing some better deals currently on the market. The other course is to switch then switch back if Eon is still a preferred supplier and comes up with something better. The downside is that would be two switches. I do hear of people going back and forth regularly but it's not for me. My last experience was horrendous.

By switching away, you then become an E.oN new customer which may open up some E.oN deals that are not offered to existing customers.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    In my opinion there is only one course of action available, move away to a no exit fee supplier and re-assess the situation weekly which is easy to do with the comparison sites.
    Options

It certainly can be pineapple. As molerat says, best to keep an eye on the Price Comparison sites to see options both with us and with the other suppliers. Sorry you had such a poor experience last time you switched. What happened?

Malc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback