Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search

Results: Did it Help You

It Helped

60.00% • 3 votes

I did not help

40.00% • 2 votes

You may not vote on this poll

5 votes in total.

• FIRST POST
    • alwaysonthego
    • By alwaysonthego 28th Jul 10, 3:51 PM
    • 7,915Posts
    • 10,749Thanks
    alwaysonthego
    0 WOW
    Approved Foods thread
    • 28th Jul 10, 3:51 PM
    0 WOW
    Approved Foods thread 28th Jul 10 at 3:51 PM
    Hi guys, I have started a new thread to discuss Approved Food.

Please keep it friendly and discuss any offers and bargains you find.

What do you like, what disasters have you had?

Please discuss good and bad, but keep it in context.

Previous thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1807837&page=56
Page 2
    • ecsb
    • By ecsb 30th Jul 10, 10:44 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    ecsb
    Still waiting for my (first) order to arrive which i placed on the 19th!!!!
    • miggy
    • By miggy 30th Jul 10, 11:28 PM
    • 4,169 Posts
    • 10,893 Thanks
    miggy
    Originally posted by ecsb
    Something wrong there! I placed an order on 16th and it arrived on 19th.
    Is it showing as dispatched?
    It might be an idea to email AF (This seems to be the best way to contact them).
    Miggy

MEMBER OF MIKE'S MOB!
    Every Penny a Prisoner

This article is about coffeehouse bartenders. For lawyers, see Barrister. (Wikipedia)
  • Approved Food
    That is way too long to be waiting, ecsb. Please contact us with your order number and we can investigate. Apologies but these things do happen. Our aim, obviously, is to try and ensure that they don't.
    Last edited by Approved Food; 30-07-2010 at 11:42 PM. Reason: typo
    • nicki
    • By nicki 30th Jul 10, 11:48 PM
    • 7,294 Posts
    • 88,423 Thanks
    nicki
    Just came over here to see if there were any discount codes floating about I'm toying with the idea of placing my third order.

I'd place them more often but I'm only home during the day during school holidays. Having said that we're still working our way through the cous-cous and nut roast that I ordered back in Feb/March
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
    • UnderPressure
    • By UnderPressure 31st Jul 10, 10:01 AM
    • 3,074 Posts
    • 5,211 Thanks
    UnderPressure
    I have a courier gripe my order with AF is showing as dispatched placed order tues afternoon before 3pm and i'm still waiting had a HDNL delivery today but not from AF and we are out tomorrow so hoping it won't come now until monday ( i know saturday delivery is normally a extra charge) just a faff when i've been waiting in...
    Originally posted by argamemnon
    This I can understand it might be better all round if AF could give customers an actual real tracking number so we could go to a courier website and then at least see if something is out for delivery. Im not sure if HDNL give these or not, if not they are certainly in a minority as most other courier companies do, maybe a deal was done at some stage because I have to admit the charge for normal UK delivery is very cheap for upto 28kg.

I would not expect it today as you say SAT AM deliveries usually have a premium, unless the company in your area are running behind?
  • argamemnon
    a tracking number would be great or some sort of time scale i.e tues = Fri del , Mon = wed etc at least then if you get a day off in the week you can plan deliverys around your day off, But i'm still loving AF and still addicted this is my 4 order in a month...
  • stressedalot
    How long have people been waiting for their orders lately? i placed an order 27/7 & it has being showing as shipped on their website for days but i still havn't received it! I rang them on 29/7 & left a message but havn't had a reply. I don't usually wait this long!
    • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    • By COOLTRIKERCHICK 2nd Aug 10, 7:56 PM
    • 10,422 Posts
    • 58,367 Thanks
    COOLTRIKERCHICK
    i placed an order thursday, and the order today. i had to phone them, and they answered straight away turned there was no fault, it was me...lol..

But i honestly find them a fantastic comany to deal with...

when things go right, and there is nothing wrong, not many people will come on the forum to say about it, but if something goes wrong, they write about it straight away, which doesnt ( in my opinion) give a fair picture of htem.

they must do hundreds of orders a day....
    Work to live= not live to work
    • carolt2
    • By carolt2 2nd Aug 10, 8:08 PM
    • 847 Posts
    • 14,786 Thanks
    carolt2
    How long have people been waiting for their orders lately? i placed an order 27/7 & it has being showing as shipped on their website for days but i still havn't received it! I rang them on 29/7 & left a message but havn't had a reply. I don't usually wait this long!
    Originally posted by stressedalot

I placed an order on 27th as well and it was delivered today, I think it was late afternoon when i placed the order.
    But I did not recieve any emails/texts from AF. Only email I did recieve was from Google checkout.
    'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle'
    • mum2kathryn
    • By mum2kathryn 2nd Aug 10, 9:42 PM
    • 212 Posts
    • 277 Thanks
    mum2kathryn
    Just had an email from them with the title:

150k food parcel being sold for 6

Bargain!!! Where do I click?
    That's gonna be a big parcel

(body text says 150k worth being sold for 6k)
    • ecsb
    • By ecsb 3rd Aug 10, 12:02 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    ecsb
    Still waiting and no reply from my email, only an acknowledgement. Can't get into my account, not accepting my password. Not answering telephone. Payment taken. HELP.
  • Approved Food
    Still waiting and no reply from my email, only an acknowledgement. Can't get into my account, not accepting my password. Not answering telephone. Payment taken. HELP.
    Hi, let me have your order number and I'll check up on the status of your order.
  • stressedalot
    i emailed them monday morning & got a reply back that afternoon saying my order was out for delivery between 2.50 & 3.50 & sure enough it was! And only one substitution!
    • Badger_Lady
    • By Badger_Lady 4th Aug 10, 2:23 PM
    • 6,291 Posts
    • 8,370 Thanks
    Badger_Lady
    I can recommend the Doctor Juice lemon drinks! Very tasty (not overly sweet like so many), and has 50% of your RDA of most vitamins in it
    Mortgage | 132,000
    Unsecured Debt | 7,000 0
    Lodgers | |

• lyndorset
    My delivery driver is really nice, as I work and my OH does not stay in for it we never know when to expect it, he always knocks up my neighbours until he finds someone in. When I am here, he is nice, cheerful guy. Not sure which firm, but deliveries always good.
    My only gripe is that you get sent an email of offers/new items, get straight on the site and half the stuff you really want to order is not there, so then get tempted into buying stuff I would manage to avoid at the supermarket, you know cakes, biscuits, sweets!!! Re refunds the first few orders I did missing items were refunded when goods despatched, handy as I knew it was on its way! Last order a 5 item was not refunded and I had to chase, so be aware that could happen. I have been sent a friendly email and discount code to use, so should be OK.

My supermarket bill has reduced drastically, but I have home grown veg ripe at the moment and, need to remember the amount I spend with AF.
    Re the farmfoods comparison, thats OK if you have a farmfoods near you! - we dont, have to drive to any shop, so AF ideal. The nouvelle toilet tissue is what I was using mostly anyway and is much more exspensive in Somerfield!
    • blueyellowred
    • By blueyellowred 7th Aug 10, 11:10 AM
    • 116 Posts
    • 152 Thanks
    blueyellowred
    Was not happy with my last order - not the items, but packaging, as 6 very heavy tins were placed on top of cereal, marsmallows,bickies and chocolate bars. As you would have guest - tins are Ok, but not rest of the order - burst bags, biscuits and chocolates in pieces.
    Also would be very nice to know approx delivery time as to go to depo and pick up bulky and heavy box is huge inconvenience.
    • Kimitatsu
    • By Kimitatsu 7th Aug 10, 2:52 PM
    • 3,779 Posts
    • 7,834 Thanks
    Kimitatsu
    It depends on the courier as to whether you get an approximate time. If DPD is delivering then I get an hour delivery slot, any other courier and I dont get anything.

Have to say for the first time ever there was an item missing out of my box this week, but thanks to the guys in the office they went down to the warehouse and picked them up by hand so they cant be sold to anyone else and gave me a discount code off my next order.......great customer service!

New stuff tends to go really quickly! I know I hesitated over some organic cherry bites and by the time I made a decision they were gone! I tend to log in and just check the new products every couple of days, some of the stuff they get loads and loads in but others stock is severely limited.

Wish list thinking here, but it would be great to be able to amalgamate several orders over a few days to make sure you made the best of the delivery charge, that way you would know you had the goods you really wanted as well as all the other bits lol!

Got my cornflakes this week 8 boxes for 9.99 and bbe 05/11 no way they will last that long!
    Free/impartial debt advice: Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) | National Debtline | Find your local CAB
  • Kamen Rider W
    I have noticed recently that Lindt bars are getting smaller (yes, I know they're not cheap but my local Tesco sometimes has them on offer ) I'm not sure how MUCH smaller but I compared with the silvery wrapper from an old bar, yep, they're smaller.
  • argamemnon
    I've just had delivery of my 5/6 order inc my first Lucky box wow i'm so impressed that i have to share the list of contence with you

330g processed peas
    20 long freeze pops
    elysium organic nut selection 200g
    2x Walkers worcester sauce crips 34.5g
    2x somerfields coucous 110g
    4x candy canes
    1x Marmite crisps 34.5g
    2x cup soup tom & veg( 8 soups)
    14 heinz horseradish sachets
    1x penquin mini roll
    3x balisto bars
    1x choc n roll
    1x XXX mints with chilli
    1x fruit shoot 300ml
    1x Old Jamaicia ginger beer 500ml

All for 99p

Thankyou Approved Foods for another perfect order and great lucky box ...
  • Snakeeyes21
    Is it just me or are the deals they now do arent as good as they used to be?
    you used to get cases of stuff for a quid a pop, now they do very few of these and its mainly cous cous when they do have cases on.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

725Posts Today

6,270Users online

Martin's Twitter