Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 2
    • reehsetin
    • By reehsetin 5th Mar 09, 9:00 PM
    • 4,818 Posts
    • 4,554 Thanks
    reehsetin
    apparently he's had to have a lot of medicals because of insurance risk he wont be fit for the shows (big payouts if he gets ill!!)
    Yes Your Dukeiness
  • orangetiggs
    i'm not sure if they will all be concerts but thats how long he has booked the o2 for, some will be set up days and then to take all the set down
  • bikerjodie
    I did love him as a performer years ago, but as i analyze it, i can't help but stop at the fact that he abused kids!
    I'd love to go but i personally feel as though i'd be condoning what he did.
    I just can't see past it and don't understand the hysteria but my view is my own.
  • heskpesk
    I hear he is not allowed to play stadiums that are within a certain distance of schools (for obvious reasons)
  • Claire3121
    Tickets are 50/65/75 which is a fantastic price really.

I'm pretty sure the major places to get tickets will be ticketmaster and seetickets. o2 usually run their presales through ticketmaster.

o2 arena has both seating and standing. The stage is in the middle, so theres no back as such. Good seats everywhere really.
    Originally posted by Nicolefury
    It was in the middle for Prince,all other artists we've seen there have had the stage at the back.
    Prince's number one fan!!!
    R.I.P Michael Joseph Jackson. Moonwalking with the angels xxx
    • hm71
    • By hm71 5th Mar 09, 9:27 PM
    • 1,932 Posts
    • 2,685 Thanks
    hm71
    I did love him as a performer years ago, but as i analyze it, i can't help but stop at the fact that he 'allegedly' abused kids!
    I just can't see past it and don't understand the hysteria but my view is my own.
    Originally posted by bikerjodie
    with you one hundred percent!!! I doubt very much he will even turn up to the shows what with the insurance policies they've taken out!!!!
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

FEB challenge 128/270 balance 142
    2 saving club 140
    • chuckley
    • By chuckley 5th Mar 09, 9:42 PM
    • 4,349 Posts
    • 1,675 Thanks
    chuckley
    where did the figure of £75 a ticket come from?! (sorry found it)

if so thats cheaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap for MJ. but considering its 200k people, thats a lotta money still!
    Last edited by chuckley; 05-03-2009 at 9:50 PM.
    *~* Valued Opinions - 40; Quidco - 92.77; Lightspeed Panel - 40; My Survey - 20; Consumer Pulse - 190; Toluna - 44; Ciao - 42.47; GfK - 50; Pigsback - 20; ABAi - 10; Panelbase - 10.45; Grassroots - 50 *~* Blue Text = Account now closed

*~*2010 XMAS fund - 70 *~*
    • chuckley
    • By chuckley 5th Mar 09, 9:47 PM
    • 4,349 Posts
    • 1,675 Thanks
    chuckley
    Tickets are 50/65/75 which is a fantastic price really.

I'm pretty sure the major places to get tickets will be ticketmaster and seetickets. o2 usually run their presales through ticketmaster.

o2 arena has both seating and standing. The stage is in the middle, so theres no back as such. Good seats everywhere really.
    erm how did u find out the stage set up?! it differs per artist... and i cant see where it says what stage set up he will have...
    *~* Valued Opinions - 40; Quidco - 92.77; Lightspeed Panel - 40; My Survey - 20; Consumer Pulse - 190; Toluna - 44; Ciao - 42.47; GfK - 50; Pigsback - 20; ABAi - 10; Panelbase - 10.45; Grassroots - 50 *~* Blue Text = Account now closed

*~*2010 XMAS fund - 70 *~*
    • 1carminestocky
    • By 1carminestocky 5th Mar 09, 10:22 PM
    • 6,450 Posts
    • 2,477 Thanks
    1carminestocky
    Just caught a (quick) glimpse of his press conference on the news. Was that really him?? His voice is way deeper and he looks fatter In fact, he looked just like that English bloke who's made a living out of impersonating him. My conspiracy theory-laden mind is working overtime here.
    • Nicolefury
    • By Nicolefury 5th Mar 09, 11:04 PM
    • 587 Posts
    • 1,257 Thanks
    Nicolefury
    It was in the middle for Prince,all other artists we've seen there have had the stage at the back.
    Originally posted by Claire3121
    Metallica had a centre stage. Any sort of major artist will want to opt for a centre stage, means you can have more of the premium seats.
    Dooyoo 10.40/40, TopCashBack 17.19/30, Valued Opinions 50p/10, Swagbucks 0/20, Ebay 15/25
  • No1Joker
    Saw him at Wembley last time he did it (yonks ago) it was awesome, we sat a million miles away (i think we had the oxford seats!) but never forget the night.
    Saw The Boss and Eagles at the O2 both end stages both great. Floor seats for the Eagles were 1000 times better than the "Gods" seats for Brucey. Its way high and you end up watching the screens. Pay up and get those lower tiers people, its worth the extra effort.
    NO RAIN - NO RAINBOWS

When did i stop being able to fit Hoola-Hoops over my fingers?
    • pesky2
    • By pesky2 5th Mar 09, 11:42 PM
    • 2,164 Posts
    • 1,348 Thanks
    pesky2
    OOH Please let me be lucky to get some tickets, me and my sis are big fans, here's hoping and dreaming to go
  • 1984ReturnsForReal
    O2 site says

"Opening with 10 nights at The O2 arena on July 8th. Ticket price 75 / 65 / 50 + booking fees."

------

What do they mean "opening with"??????

lol
    • CraigDavid
    • By CraigDavid 6th Mar 09, 12:38 AM
    • 207 Posts
    • 315 Thanks
    CraigDavid
    I did love him as a performer years ago, but as i analyze it, i can't help but stop at the fact that he abused kids!
    I think you'll find he was found not guilty on all charges against him.
    • photome
    • By photome 6th Mar 09, 7:00 AM
    • 14,348 Posts
    • 9,836 Thanks
    photome
    Where did you get that fact from?
  • orangetiggs
    O2 site says

"Opening with 10 nights at The O2 arena on July 8th. Ticket price 75 / 65 / 50 + booking fees."

------

What do they mean "opening with"??????

lol
    Originally posted by 1984ReturnsForReal

he has actually booked the o2 for 52 nights so I'm guessing he may add dates after the first lot sell out to keep the hype up and to make sure they all sell
    • 1carminestocky
    • By 1carminestocky 6th Mar 09, 8:22 AM
    • 6,450 Posts
    • 2,477 Thanks
    1carminestocky
    If there are going to be a load more nights added, be careful. Promoters usually, in this instance, hold back the best nights, i.e. Friday and Saturday, for the second or even third wave of release. Reason being they figure the reall fans who bought maybe a Tuesday night in the first wave will then also skint themselves to buy the more 'prestigious' nights in the second wave. Hence doubling sales. Crafty people, promoters, and ruthless.
  • Claire3121
    Metallica had a centre stage. Any sort of major artist will want to opt for a centre stage, means you can have more of the premium seats.
    Stevie Wonder had his stage at the back and he's faaaar more superior then metallica
    Prince's number one fan!!!
    R.I.P Michael Joseph Jackson. Moonwalking with the angels xxx
    • hm71
    • By hm71 6th Mar 09, 8:29 AM
    • 1,932 Posts
    • 2,685 Thanks
    hm71
    take that had a main stage & then a smaller stage in the centre that they went to half way through, !!!!!cat dolls had just the main stage at the back..
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

FEB challenge 128/270 balance 142
    2 saving club 140
    • roddydogs
    • By roddydogs 6th Mar 09, 8:32 AM
    • 6,473 Posts
    • 2,799 Thanks
    roddydogs
    Does his insurance include if his Nose falls off?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

454Posts Today

4,051Users online

Martin's Twitter