Unpaid CCJ or Used Overdraft

Options
Hi, I am trying to rebuild my credit after many years low income and stupidity. I am doing well clearing off my debts now and not accruing any more.

I have an unpaid CCJ on my credit file, I cannot afford to pay it from savings, but I do have enough available on my overdraft to clear it.

So the question is this. From a purely credit score point of view is it better to use my overdraft to pay off the ccj right now and pay back the overdraft over 6 months or keep my overdraft useage lower (I am already using about 35% of my overdraft) and pay off the ccj over 6 months. My ccj has just under 3 years remaining.

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    From a purely credit score point of view, it would be a flip of a coin. But that doesn't matter.

But from a credit history viewpoint - being a little overdrawn versus an outstanding court judgement for non-payment of bills? It's a no-brainer.
  • Mandy8887
    Options
    Is the CCJ valid? did you have notice? is it your debt? if not firstly try to remove it and then if that is not possible paying it is better
  • MrHouse
    Options
    Yes, I believe the ccj is valid and for a debt that I didn't pay (Welsh water).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure