Missed payments via a default

Hi all,

I have had 2 defaults, both issued in late 2015, one of which was satisfied in April 2018 and the other in August 2019. Both of these show as missed payments from the day they were transferred to a DCA (Cabot and PRA) up until their satisfied date on my totallymoney report.

I understand that the defaults will drop off after 6 years (2 to go), but will the missed payment markers go with them too at that time? I ask because I calculated that at the 6 year mark there will still be 36 missed payments being recorded.

Thanks in advance :)
:idea: LBM 8th August 2014 £21,200 | 0 | Debt Free Date - 23rd August 2019

Comments

• The whole account drops off 6 years from default.
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 November 2019 at 10:11AM
    @ in_a_noodle,

First, congratulations on being debt-free!!! :)

What do you mean by 'missed payment markers'? Surely the accounts are just marked with continuous 'Default' markers?
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Thanks, now that I'm finally debt free I'm looking to repair the damaged it caused.

On the totally money credit report, and only them as far as I can see, there is a section on the Analysis page under "Your payment history" called "Missed Payments".

It breaks them down into various time frames (1 to 6 month, 7 to 12 months etc) and it is listed as "high impact".

And thanks zx81, that's exactly what I was hoping :)
    :idea: LBM 8th August 2014 £21,200 | 0 | Debt Free Date - 23rd August 2019
  • On the totally money credit report, and only them as far as I can see, there is a section on the Analysis page under "Your payment history" called "Missed Payments".

It breaks them down into various time frames (1 to 6 month, 7 to 12 months etc) and it is listed as "high impact".
    Totally Money use TransUnion data. Have you looked at your free TransUnion statutory report to confirm exactly how the account data is being recorded?

https://www.transunionstatreport.co.uk/CreditReport/AboutYou This link asks for either your credit or debit card details to verify your identity. (No money is debited from your account).
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family