Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jkility
    • By jkility 6th Nov 19, 8:52 PM
    • 62Posts
    • 374Thanks
    jkility
    Alternative share providers
    • 6th Nov 19, 8:52 PM
    Alternative share providers 6th Nov 19 at 8:52 PM
    Hi all,

My Sharesave scheme matures in December and I have the option to take the shares or cashout. I'll be taking the shares and I have the option to either them put in the providers online account for me to manage or have a share certificate.

If I have the shares online, if I ever want to sell them then I'll be charged 0.3%/minimum 30. My query is, is there any other providers out there which I could use to manage my shares which could be more affordable?

Thanks it advance!
Page 1
    • IanSt
    • By IanSt 7th Nov 19, 10:22 AM
    • 363 Posts
    • 273 Thanks
    IanSt
    • 7th Nov 19, 10:22 AM
    • 7th Nov 19, 10:22 AM
    Maybe take a look at https://x-o.co.uk where it is 5.95 flat rate per trade.

https://www.iweb-sharedealing.co.uk/share-dealing-home.asp is slightly cheaper but you do have to pay a 25 account opening charge.

I've used both of the above and they're easy to use so can recommend them.

Do remember that it's generally thought not a good idea to have too much of your assets in shares in the company that you also work for, so if I were you then I'd be looking to sell the shares fairly quickly after getting them and either saving the money or investing the money in a more diverse range of investments.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,885Posts Today

7,123Users online

Martin's Twitter