Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • impr
    • By impr 6th Nov 19, 10:41 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    impr
    ETF delisted (but not liquidated) - what happens next?
    • 6th Nov 19, 10:41 PM
    ETF delisted (but not liquidated) - what happens next? 6th Nov 19 at 10:41 PM
    Hi, through an investment platform I invested in an ETF that subsequently got delisted from the London Stock Exchange, but not liquidated, and I'm looking for any information about what can happen.

The company behind the ETF says there is no risk to investors because they only delisted the ETF trading in GBP; the ETF is still traded in USD on the LSE, as well as on a foreign exchange. The platform says they don't deal with foreign exchanges. They may end up converting the investment to the USD line, but they have no decision or timeframe.

It'd be great to know, how long can sorting this out take and what are the possible outcomes? Can the platform take any time they see fit? And can my investment become untradeable and so practically be gone ? Thanks for any information / insight.
Page 1
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 6th Nov 19, 10:51 PM
    • 65,931 Posts
    • 58,031 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 6th Nov 19, 10:51 PM
    • 6th Nov 19, 10:51 PM
    Surprised that you weren't given advanced notice of the delisting and an opportunity to cash in.
    ““there really is no such thing as ‘the future’, singular. There are only multiple, unforeseeable futures, which will never lose their capacity to take us by surprise.””
    ― Niall Ferguson
    • impr
    • By impr 6th Nov 19, 11:10 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    impr
    • 6th Nov 19, 11:10 PM
    • 6th Nov 19, 11:10 PM
    The company behind the ETF did issue a notice, but it wasn't passed on to me by the platform. Subsequently I found the notice on the website of the company.
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 6th Nov 19, 11:15 PM
    • 65,931 Posts
    • 58,031 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 6th Nov 19, 11:15 PM
    • 6th Nov 19, 11:15 PM
    Have you raised a complaint?
    ““there really is no such thing as ‘the future’, singular. There are only multiple, unforeseeable futures, which will never lose their capacity to take us by surprise.””
    ― Niall Ferguson
    • impr
    • By impr 6th Nov 19, 11:32 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    impr
    • 6th Nov 19, 11:32 PM
    • 6th Nov 19, 11:32 PM
    Not yet. If you mean regarding the notice, the platform said "sometimes companies don't notify us of such corporate actions". I am also unsure how to confirm/know that they were supposed to or responsible for passing on such information.
    Last edited by impr; 06-11-2019 at 11:41 PM.
    • newbinvestor
    • By newbinvestor 7th Nov 19, 9:27 AM
    • 218 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    newbinvestor
    • 7th Nov 19, 9:27 AM
    • 7th Nov 19, 9:27 AM
    I had one of my ETFs delisted and liquitidated a few weeks ago, it was DBXtrackers Ftse 100 equal weight.
    My platform (AJ Bell) sent me a message about but it but I think it was after the day it stopped trading. After the day it stopped trading, it took around 2 weeks for the cash to hit my account.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

404Posts Today

2,234Users online

Martin's Twitter