Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jaybee58
    • By Jaybee58 6th Nov 19, 8:55 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Jaybee58
    PPI loan company deducting debt that is stayed in court
    • 6th Nov 19, 8:55 PM
    PPI loan company deducting debt that is stayed in court 6th Nov 19 at 8:55 PM
    Iíve recently made a successful claim for a refund of PPI with Welcome Finance. Theyíve said theyíll buy back a debt that was on another loan account and deduct this from the refund. The other loan account debt was made up of charges applied to my account that I believed were unnecessary and at the time was taken to court by a debt company but after submitting my defence they failed to respond and the case was stayed.

Iíve tried putting in a complaint for the charges again but told that I had to have raised it in 2011 but was not told about this by the debt company and submitted a defence in court that they didnít respond to.

Can this amount definitely be deducted from my refund even though the case was stayed and I am now unable to submit a complaint as am now told I had to do this on the Welcome website in 2011?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 6th Nov 19, 9:22 PM
    • 24,395 Posts
    • 27,194 Thanks
    zx81
    • 6th Nov 19, 9:22 PM
    • 6th Nov 19, 9:22 PM
    Yes, any outstanding debt can be deducted from the redress.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

389Posts Today

4,417Users online

Martin's Twitter