Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Naomi
    • By MSE Naomi 29th Aug 19, 10:17 AM
    • 328Posts
    • 73Thanks
    MSE Naomi
    Banks struggle to handle last-minute surge in PPI complaints - MSE News
    • 29th Aug 19, 10:17 AM
    Banks struggle to handle last-minute surge in PPI complaints - MSE News 29th Aug 19 at 10:17 AM
    Hours ahead of the PPI deadline, Santander's PPI enquiry form has been "temporarily unavailable" while customers of other banks are reporting website problems and waits of up to 90 minutes on the phone. The deadline to claim is 11.59pm TODAY (Thursday) - so here's what to do if you're affected...
    Read the full story:
    'Banks struggle to handle last-minute surge in PPI complaints - what to do if you're having problems'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
Page 4
    • SonOf
    • By SonOf 14th Oct 19, 11:20 AM
    • 1,902 Posts
    • 2,155 Thanks
    SonOf
    Sorry, I'm lost. What "views" are you referring to speficically? I don't recall expressing any views.
    What do you call this then? "I suspect it's a standard boilerplate letter sent out to all complainants."

The response letters certainly use templates but they select the template to use based on the outcome. The templates will include a lot of generic information at this stage but it is not the same one that is sent to everyone. i.e. if you didnt have PPI then they would have a version for those without PPI. And a version for those where they cannot tell if they had PPI or not yet.

There is no typo.
    You said "I've just had a letter from Nationwide confirming receipt of my complaint, and stating that I have had PPI. However, I don't believe it. "

If there is no typo in there, then why don't you believe it when they say you had PPI?

Its certainly possible to have PPI and never pay a premium. (e.g. credit card when balances paid in full each month or if you had the one year of free cover on the MPPI but never took up the paid version after that - that is classed as having PPI despite not actually paying a premium). Maybe that is the case here?
    • Fingerbobs
    • By Fingerbobs 14th Oct 19, 12:23 PM
    • 811 Posts
    • 331 Thanks
    Fingerbobs

You said "I've just had a letter from Nationwide confirming receipt of my complaint, and stating that I have had PPI. However, I don't believe it. "

If there is no typo in there, then why don't you believe it when they say you had PPI?
    Originally posted by SonOf

Because the letter is standard, and its wording leads me to believe that their assertion that I have PPI is based solely on the fact that a complaint has been raised. That's why my "view" is that this is a standard letter sent to everyone who has raised a complaint.

Its certainly possible to have PPI and never pay a premium. (e.g. credit card when balances paid in full each month or if you had the one year of free cover on the MPPI but never took up the paid version after that - that is classed as having PPI despite not actually paying a premium). Maybe that is the case here?
    Originally posted by SonOf

This is a possibility. Either way, I'm not expecting a payout, and I'll be quite chuffed if I get one :-)
    • lippy2019
    • By lippy2019 6th Nov 19, 6:10 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lippy2019
    I completed the online "Olaf" form and kept screenshots through to the final stage 2 of 2 page saying their team would respond within 5 days but as of yet have had no acknowledgement or communication.

Is this likely to be because of the number of complaints or should I be concerned that the process didn't go through.
    • lippy2019
    • By lippy2019 6th Nov 19, 6:11 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lippy2019
    Sorry meant to say it was Natwest online form
    • brettcta
    • By brettcta 6th Nov 19, 6:30 PM
    • 3,735 Posts
    • 3,566 Thanks
    brettcta
    You’re best asking Natwest that question and not a forum full of strangers
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,286Posts Today

8,647Users online

Martin's Twitter