Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Expired
    • By Expired 1st Nov 19, 6:53 PM
    • 27Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Expired
    Ppi dispute
    • 1st Nov 19, 6:53 PM
    Ppi dispute 1st Nov 19 at 6:53 PM
    I have successfully complained ppi from at least half a dozen banks due to the fact that I received full sick pay and never consented to ppi insurance be it an application online or over telephone.

One recent bank in particular has rejected my complaint under Plevin as my account was closed beforehand in 2004.

They even sent me a letter stating that I had paid ppi but was not eligible to receive said ppi award.

Martin Lewis in one article stated that if you had an account up to 2006 where banks were receiving large fines for missold ppi then customers had the right to complain ppi.

Because of this information I progressed further with the ombudsman and forwarded the letter from bank.

The Ombudsman states that there was no case to answer as the bank had sent a scanned document seemingly with the ppi insurance box ticked.

I angrily responded stating hold on a minute, I have successfully complained against ppi insurance from half a dozen banks under the same circumstances that I have never agreed to ppi and received full sick pay, if the box was ticked then said scanned document has been doctored which is fraud.

I am now making a final appeal with ombudsman as the original appeal was only first level step with an adjudicator.

What is more suspicious is with my complaint with said bank their initial response was I was not eligible under the plevin rule, so why did they not mention originally that I had seemingly ticked ppi box and was not entitled to a ppi award.

It looks like they are trying their best not to pay out by any means even if it includes altering a customers application.
    Last edited by Expired; 02-11-2019 at 2:46 PM. Reason: Typo
Page 3
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 4th Nov 19, 4:04 PM
    • 25,036 Posts
    • 14,505 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Even if it happened, it would be a difficult one to prove.
    Originally posted by SonOf
    The other possibility was that the box was ticked by the bank employee and then signed by the customer with full knowledge that PPI was selected.

It's also possible that Sun 73 was sent a facsimile copy of "his" application form reconstituted by the Bank for SAR purposes. Depends how exactly the tick in question differs to his handwriting I suppose.

Certainly there were no pre-printed ticks on actual paper application forms. Online, though, there were pre-ticked boxes selecting PPI which the customer had to untick, it was these which the Regulator took exception to...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,075Posts Today

7,644Users online

Martin's Twitter