Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AmyT53
    • By AmyT53 30th Oct 19, 6:41 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    AmyT53
    PPI claim rejected: policy “in creation”
    • 30th Oct 19, 6:41 PM
    PPI claim rejected: policy “in creation” 30th Oct 19 at 6:41 PM
    Hi all

I’ve heard back on a mortgage SPPI complaint that it is being rejected because the policy remained “in creation” and never went live.

I’m confused - I have a policy number and if it never went live, that’s their mistake surely? I was still missold and the premiums would have been priced into my payments, whether or not the policy went live with the insurer?

Wondering whether to escalate to FOS and on what basis.

Thank you
    Amy
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 30th Oct 19, 6:43 PM
    • 24,345 Posts
    • 27,134 Thanks
    zx81
    • 30th Oct 19, 6:43 PM
    • 30th Oct 19, 6:43 PM
    If the policy never went live, you wouldn't have paid any premiums.

It may be their mistake, but it doesn't mean you get premiums refunded that you never paid.

You can't have been mis sold as you never paid anything.
    • brettcta
    • By brettcta 30th Oct 19, 8:05 PM
    • 3,734 Posts
    • 3,563 Thanks
    brettcta
    • 30th Oct 19, 8:05 PM
    • 30th Oct 19, 8:05 PM
    I’d like to echo the above plus to add that nothing would’ve been ‘priced into your payments’ as it would’ve been sold as a standalone policy
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for Ł6.34)
    • SonOf
    • By SonOf 30th Oct 19, 10:25 PM
    • 1,874 Posts
    • 2,129 Thanks
    SonOf
    • 30th Oct 19, 10:25 PM
    • 30th Oct 19, 10:25 PM
    I’m confused - I have a policy number and if it never went live, that’s their mistake surely?
    It may have been their mistake but the net result is that you paid no premiums. So, nothing to refund. It may be that they only got to the quote stage and you rejected it at that point or at some point before going live or even during the cancellation rights period.

I was still missold and the premiums would have been priced into my payments, whether or not the policy went live with the insurer?
    The premium would not have been priced into your payments.

If you paid nothing, you get nothing refunded. Why would you want to refer it to the FOS?
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 30th Oct 19, 10:48 PM
    • 16,355 Posts
    • 19,654 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    • 30th Oct 19, 10:48 PM
    • 30th Oct 19, 10:48 PM
    Hi all

I’ve heard back on a mortgage SPPI complaint that it is being rejected because the policy remained “in creation” and never went live.

I’m confused - I have a policy number and if it never went live, that’s their mistake surely? I was still missold and the premiums would have been priced into my payments, whether or not the policy went live with the insurer?

Thank you
    Amy
    Originally posted by AmyT53

No. Premiums would have been separate and therefore visible to you.

They are not / would not have been/ secretly contained within your mortgage payment.
    Please dont criticise my spelling. It's excellent. Its my typing that's bad.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

545Posts Today

5,099Users online

Martin's Twitter