Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mazzzzaaa
    • By mazzzzaaa 30th Oct 19, 1:40 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    mazzzzaaa
    ppi barclays woolwhich building society regected
    • 30th Oct 19, 1:40 PM
    ppi barclays woolwhich building society regected 30th Oct 19 at 1:40 PM
    Hi all if anyone can help i would be grateful ,
    I have put in a complaint with Barclays who initially said we did not have a mortgage with them ( Woolwich), from 1997 to 2002 ,after i insisted we did and gave the account number they then wrote to me to apologise and were investigating , this too over three months and finally got a reply saying no ppi, no records found. however after receiving my SAR data documents from them i was able to see my payments made
    on the mortgage account , one for the mortgage and one for the insurance , these were payments made on the same day but under different headings t the WBC.
    we already had a different house insurance seperate to this .
    but also on a seperate document the mortgage summary is say "no insurance "?
    this does not make sense to me as quite clearly there was payments made to WBS .
    I do not have any paper work or documents except the SAR. as all lost sadly in a fire.
    I have already complained to the ombudsman but that was prior to getting SAR documents. I wanted to send further info to the ombudsman but didn't know where to start to get more evidence.
    1. Has anyone else had a issue like this and can shed any light on it .?
    2. Can i get a copy of the document of the insurance policy linked to the mortgage, do Barclays keep micro film copies anywhere of the Woolwich accounts. ?
    3. Did the Woolwich at this time attach ppi insurance to mortgages without customers knowledge ?
    thank you appreciate any help
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 30th Oct 19, 1:45 PM
    • 24,336 Posts
    • 27,121 Thanks
    zx81
    • 30th Oct 19, 1:45 PM
    • 30th Oct 19, 1:45 PM
    You can ask them what the insurance was for.

PPI wasn't attached without customers knowledge as they would have to sign for it and would see it going out of their account each month.
    • mazzzzaaa
    • By mazzzzaaa 30th Oct 19, 3:34 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mazzzzaaa
    • 30th Oct 19, 3:34 PM
    • 30th Oct 19, 3:34 PM
    thank you
    will ask them. and yes it was going out each month ,
    thanks you
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 30th Oct 19, 10:03 PM
    • 25,012 Posts
    • 14,485 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 30th Oct 19, 10:03 PM
    • 30th Oct 19, 10:03 PM
    Did the Woolwich at this time attach ppi insurance to mortgages without customers knowledge ?
    Originally posted by mazzzzaaa
    The only way PPI could have been "attached" to your mortgage without your knowledge would be if you never listened to anything you were told during the sale of your mortgage and signed everything and anything without reading it. You would also have had to ignore a completely separate direct debit of PPI payment each month which would have therefore appeared on every one of your statements..
    If you fall into this category of customer then I suppose you could say it was added without your knowledge. However, this would not be a valid mis-selling complaint.

Do realise also that PPI on mortgages is still retailed today, so it's not automatically somehow "wrong" to have an insurance policy.

What you do have is more likely a Life and Critical Illness Policy, by the way...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

414Posts Today

4,368Users online

Martin's Twitter