Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

1228229230231232234»

Comments

• nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,789 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Iresa saved us plenty of money over the 15 months we have been with them.

As we are in credit I doubt we'll see any of that back!
    Iresa went bust not least because they charged too low a price for the energy.

Your credit is safe & will be honoured by the new supplier that OFGEM persuades to take over Iresa customers. The guarantee that any credit is never lost is essential for OFGEM to persuade people that swapping suppliers is safe.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 July 2018 at 12:55PM
    Sad to see them go as they were much better than the two suppliers we had previously Scottish Poweer and nPower. The latter were so bad they were "reading" a meter that has been replaced before they took over as suppliers.... How?

As it looks like the new supplier (when persuaded/ appointed!) will put us on their SVT, your credit won't last very long anyway:(
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    brewerdave wrote: »
    As it looks like the new supplier (when persuaded/ appointed!) will put us on their SVC, your credit won't last very long anyway:(
    Which is partly why I jumped ship as early as I did this year. While you might have save a bit of shrapnel after signing up for a new or renewed contract with Iresa, you're probably going to need that to pay the new provider.

Although you shouldn't be tied into a contract with the new provider, there is going to be a transitional period if you opt to change for another provider.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post

Although you shouldn't be tied into a contract with the new provider, there is going to be a transitional period if you opt to change for another provider.

The good thing is that the failure has happened in the Summer so the extra costs on the "new" supplier SVT will hopefully be relatively small - certainly less than gained over the last 18 months or so with IRESA:)
  • tomthered
    tomthered Posts: 258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Sad to see them go as they were much better than the two suppliers we had previously Scottish Poweer and nPower. The latter were so bad they were "reading" a meter that has been replaced before they took over as suppliers.... How?

according to the regulator if you stay with them until the switch to the new supplier there is a scheme where credits are given back as all energy suppliers pay into a scheme to fund it. You can then swap to another company.
  • BROKEN
    BROKEN Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I was a customer of Iressa Ltd and I didnt have any problems with them. I cant see why a company would lose its licence over not getting customers queries sorted out in time. I think there was to this than meets the eye. However I have had to move due to OFGEM getting involved and closing them down. Due to them I am having to find additional money well an extra £360 to be precise due to them. I have used all the comparison websites and due to my usage of gas and Electricity over the last year I will have to fork out more so bug thanks to them.
    BROKEN and ANGRY
  • collectors
    collectors Posts: 231 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 7 September 2018 at 6:19PM
    I found Iresa good if you didn't need to speak to them, plus cheap. i had a shop around & found these are good on the prices as an alternative. But yes a touch more expensive.

https://www.eversmartenergy.co.uk
  • kevinyork
    kevinyork Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    BROKEN wrote: »
    I was a customer of Iressa Ltd and I didnt have any problems with them. I cant see why a company would lose its licence over not getting customers queries sorted out in time. I think there was to this than meets the eye.

They couldn’t deal with the volume of customer queries that were caused by their incompetence. Messing up transfers in, not processing meter readings, direct debit errors, billing issues etc.

A terrible company. No doubt it’s director will rise like a Phoenix and do it all again.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 8 September 2018 at 1:56PM
    BROKEN wrote: »
    I was a customer of Iressa Ltd and I didnt have any problems with them. I cant see why a company would lose its licence over not getting customers queries sorted out in time. I think there was to this than meets the eye. However I have had to move due to OFGEM getting involved and closing them down. Due to them I am having to find additional money well an extra £360 to be precise due to them. I have used all the comparison websites and due to my usage of gas and Electricity over the last year I will have to fork out more so bug thanks to them.
    BROKEN and ANGRY

As explained to you in this thread which you started and failed to return to, https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74744451#post74744451 Ofgem did not "close them down", Iresa failed as a business, Ofgem got involved to ensure Iresas customers had an energy supplier after they failed.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)

LOL
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income