Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 32
    • JDPower
    • By JDPower 19th Nov 13, 2:47 AM
    • 1,589 Posts
    • 1,493 Thanks
    JDPower
    I've been meaning to post this for a while.

This is just but one of many comments regards "lost" vouchers, the Royal Mail, and how good/bad etcetera they have/haven't been.

I'd just like to point out that it was only "the last mile" that was done by the Royal Mail and it dropping through your letterbox courtesy of your postie .....

99% to 99.9% of the handling of these was done by INSPIRE PPS

inspire-pps.com

as indicated by the "postmark" on the voucher "envelope" just above the delivery address.

Apparently they are experts in Postal Optimisation and Mail Consolidation .....

... i.e. ways to cut corners and pay only minimum wages, provide a lower quality of service than the Royal Mail achieves, whilst cherry-picking only the most lucrative deals in order to maximise their own profit.
    Originally posted by quoia
    There is no post mark on mine, just a big "Delivered by Royal Mail" postage sticker

Either way, Shell's postal system (either internally or their postal provider) is not exactly efficient - as I said, mine arrived today, but the letter is dated 16/10/13! Thirty three days, with a first class postage sticker on it!
    Last edited by JDPower; 19-11-2013 at 2:51 AM.
    • eschaton
    • By eschaton 19th Nov 13, 7:26 PM
    • 1,913 Posts
    • 1,667 Thanks
    eschaton

When I first kept a record in 2004 on 3 September it was 79.9 !!!!!
    Originally posted by I-LOV-MONEY

It was 83.9 in January 2009 - it just shows how much it has gone up, especially as it was 141.9 18 months ago.
    • I-LOV-MONEY
    • By I-LOV-MONEY 19th Nov 13, 9:47 PM
    • 1,093 Posts
    • 600 Thanks
    I-LOV-MONEY
    It was 83.9 in January 2009 - it just shows how much it has gone up, especially as it was 141.9 18 months ago.
    Originally posted by eschaton
    I paid 83.9 on 1 Jan 2009 but on 9 Jan paid 82.9 After that the price started to increase, never to see those dizzy lows again!

The highest I have paid is 138.9
    Thank you for reading this message.
    • Dick here
    • By Dick here 20th Nov 13, 12:23 PM
    • 1,570 Posts
    • 1,446 Thanks
    Dick here
    I give up - I still have not managed to get through to 'customer services' at MD, so good riddance to them.
    Hi, weve had to remove your signature. If youre not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if youre still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • quoia
    • By quoia 20th Nov 13, 1:43 PM
    • 13,360 Posts
    • 141,854 Thanks
    quoia
    There is no post mark on mine, just a big "Delivered by Royal Mail" postage sticker

Either way, Shell's postal system (either internally or their postal provider) is not exactly efficient - as I said, mine arrived today, but the letter is dated 16/10/13! Thirty three days, with a first class postage sticker on it!
    Originally posted by JDPower
    The original issue from Shell was delivered just as a 4 page folded "pamphlet" that contained a points statement, a bit of advertising, the 20 voucher and several bonus points coupons.

This logo

in monochrome was above the delivery address, to the left of the Delivered by Royal Mail indicium (ignore the "Ecomony" logo bit- that's where the Inspire one is printed)

Where this example has C1 12345, the real one is C9 10031 which leads on to ...

... I've since noticed that BETWEEN the 2 logos is the word ONEPOST (in a side-on vertical orientation) who are YET ANOTHER third party involved in the handling of this mail BEFORE it gets into the hands of the company that actually employs the person that puts it in your letterbox

C9 10031 somehow indicates it is a ONEPOST DSA (Down Stream Access) usage
    Last edited by quoia; 20-11-2013 at 1:48 PM.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ()
    () Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
    • JDPower
    • By JDPower 20th Nov 13, 3:55 PM
    • 1,589 Posts
    • 1,493 Thanks
    JDPower
    The original issue from Shell was delivered just as a 4 page folded "pamphlet" that contained a points statement, a bit of advertising, the 20 voucher and several bonus points coupons.

This logo

in monochrome was above the delivery address, to the left of the Delivered by Royal Mail indicium (ignore the "Ecomony" logo bit- that's where the Inspire one is printed)

Where this example has C1 12345, the real one is C9 10031 which leads on to ...

... I've since noticed that BETWEEN the 2 logos is the word ONEPOST (in a side-on vertical orientation) who are YET ANOTHER third party involved in the handling of this mail BEFORE it gets into the hands of the company that actually employs the person that puts it in your letterbox

C9 10031 somehow indicates it is a ONEPOST DSA (Down Stream Access) usage
    Originally posted by quoia
    None of that matches what I got lol. None of that stuff is on the envelope and it contained just the voucher and a standard "I have pleasure in enclosing you voucher" letter.

Maybe they've dumped Inspire for shoddy service (and are instead using Royal Mail first class post, but still taking a month to actually post anything)
  • merit_mark
    Shell Mighty Deals 20 fuel for 10
    Still yet to receive my vouchers ... despite calling Shell card a couple of times. Suspect it's now a case of 'if a deal's too good to be true...' Or the vouchers are being stolen somewhere down the line? Maybe Martin can stamp his feet and get something done?
    • mcdig
    • By mcdig 27th Nov 13, 3:29 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    mcdig
    Finally got mine yesterday after numerous emails to Shell. Not sure if I would bother with any more offers if this is what it takes.
    • crumpetman
    • By crumpetman 5th Dec 13, 12:33 PM
    • 321 Posts
    • 612 Thanks
    crumpetman
    Still waiting on mine, Shell are unbelievably rubbish. This is without doubt the worst loyalty card scheme I have ever used.
    • kar999
    • By kar999 4th Jan 14, 12:19 AM
    • 639 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    kar999
    I have 5000 points and used to get money off vouchers in the post regularly... but website says I've got the points but no vouchers even though it's always been my reward option.

Come on Shell ... cough up!!

Card balance: 5000 points
    Your selected reward: Money off Fuel Vouchers

Shell Drivers Club statement summary
    1st July 2013 - 30th September 2013
    Total points earned 01/07/2013 - 30/09/2013 207 points
    Fuel transactions 207 points
    Shell products 0 points
    Shell Online Shopping 0 points
    Bonus points (including double points promotions) 0 points
    Other points 0 points
    Previous Shell Drivers' Club balance 4693 points
    Total points balance 4900 points
    Points redeemed 0 points
    Balance going forward 4900 points

Your reward is 0.00 of Money off Fuel Vouchers
    If the ball had gone in the net it would have been a goal.
    If my Auntie had been a man she'd have been my Uncle.
    • I-LOV-MONEY
    • By I-LOV-MONEY 4th Jan 14, 10:55 AM
    • 1,093 Posts
    • 600 Thanks
    I-LOV-MONEY
    I have 5000 points and used to get money off vouchers in the post regularly... but website says I've got the points but no vouchers even though it's always been my reward option.
    Originally posted by kar999
    I have loyalty points in credit (all of 143 !). However, Asda have opened a garage nearby my nearest Shell and selling petrol 4.2p cheaper.

Update: Just passed them and it has gone up 1p (at Asda) today. Luckily I filled up yesterday!
    Last edited by I-LOV-MONEY; 04-01-2014 at 3:29 PM. Reason: Later information!
    Thank you for reading this message.
    • Ranger8
    • By Ranger8 4th Jan 14, 12:46 PM
    • 364 Posts
    • 189 Thanks
    Ranger8
    Just contact them from the Drivers club site and I`m sure they`ll sort it out for you, I`ve always found them very helpful.
    • kar999
    • By kar999 4th Jan 14, 8:54 PM
    • 639 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    kar999
    Thanks...... I don't know why the vouchers have suddenly stopped since the Mighty Deal was credited. I have emailed them. CS phones are only open office hours M-F.
  • MightyDeals representative
    Hi Everyone,

If anyone is still waiting on receiving their Shell voucher please email me your Shell loyalty card number at twitter@mightydeals.co.uk and I will speak to Shell for you.

Kind Regards,

Mighty Deals
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of MightyDeals. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • kar999
    • By kar999 13th Jan 14, 5:05 PM
    • 639 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    kar999
    Email sent.... see also post 630 above.

Thanks
    Last edited by kar999; 13-01-2014 at 5:06 PM. Reason: .
    • SPIDER
    • By SPIDER 20th Jan 14, 12:05 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SPIDER
    Shell
    E mail sent still waiting !!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,930Posts Today

8,051Users online

Martin's Twitter