Historic mortgage check service

Hi,

I have just cleared my mortgage and would like to engage a private company to thoroughly check my full mortgage history with a view to finding errors and getting a refund/rebate/penalty fee. I heard many years ago that this was possible but cannot find anything online. Does anyone know af any such service?

Thanks, Duncan.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Kalidug wrote: »
    I have just cleared my mortgage and would like to engage a private company to thoroughly check my full mortgage history with a view to finding errors and getting a refund/rebate/penalty fee.
    Don't waste your time with this. The only firms engaged in this kind of "mortgage checking" are scammers who charge an upfront fee totalling hundreds of pounds.

Why do you think there may have been "errors" with your mortgage documentation?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I have just cleared my mortgage and would like to engage a private company to thoroughly check my full mortgage history with a view to finding errors and getting a refund/rebate/penalty fee.
    You are falling for one of those scams are you?
    I heard many years ago that this was possible but cannot find anything online. Does anyone know af any such service?

Heard it from where? Bet it was nowhere reputable. There is a reason why you find it so hard to find companies doing this. And the few that are doing it or not companies you really want to be dealing with.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure