Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi moneysaver, see the CAA article - cases like yours are "on hold"
    Very helpful, not.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Thanks JPears. It’s confusing me a bit as my claim was unrelated to the strike action so I don’t see why it has to wait for the CAA’s case. But then I can’t see what else I can do.
  • Oasis1
    Oasis1 Posts: 712 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks JPears. It’s confusing me a bit as my claim was unrelated to the strike action so I don’t see why it has to wait for the CAA’s case. But then I can’t see what else I can do.

Snap! Hence it might be time to use Dr Watson's guide: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=64457359&postcount=622
  • JPears
    Ryanair has pulled out of the ADR scheme. So any claim made through it will have to be dealt with by the CAA. Good luck with that.

• bignred05
    bignred05 Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    JPears wrote: »
    Ryanair has pulled out of the ADR scheme. So any claim made through it will have to be dealt with by the CAA. Good luck with that.

Care to explain that comment as my claim is in the early days stage with ADR

what am I to do now ?
  • JPears
    If you go to the CAA news announcement page, it states that all cases currently with ADR regarding Ryanair are"on hold"
    There is no more information. Perhaps contact CAA for information. But I don't think you'll get much out of them. Maybe time to read up on Dr Watson's excellent guide to the ESCP route.

• It seems as if the CAA have finally lost patience with RyanAir
  • Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Oasis1 wrote: »
    Snap! Hence it might be time to use Dr Watson's guide: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=64457359&postcount=622

Oasis1,
    And others struggling with ADR, see my updated post 622 and post 3083 on how to navigate ESCP through the Irish Court system.
    Good luck and keep going.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • My son's school class went on a trip to Hungary. On the way back their flight, Ryanair, was delayed and they arrived back in Stanstead 3 hrs 11 mins late.
    Obviously Ryanair rejected the claim claiming adverse weather conditions. They do not reply when I queried their claim and asked more detailed information under ‘Interpretative Guidelines on Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council’ (2016/C 214/04) Article 5.1.
    As the group was for 45 people how do I deal with this? I understand that I can't use ESCP as the claim is for more than 5000 EUR.
    Also, all the 45 were on one booking with the same booking reference.
    What are my options?
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just claim for your son.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business