What small moneysaving things will you be doing this week? W/C 08/01/18

Comments

• Lottebear
    Lottebear Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello All

Today I have

- Got a price match on insurance renewal, same provider and saves the hassle of moving, saved £40 in the auto renewal price, so worth the call.
    - Sorted out my broadband too, reduced from £9.99 per month to £3.99 saving £72 per year again worth the call.

Other than that food from home taken to work.
    Dryer on off peak times
  • Evening all,
    Thanks for the really helpful bullet journal ideas and links. I'll check out pinterest for more ideas when I have a minute.
    Lunch today was the bottom of the cream cheese from the fridge with some free crackers which were leftover at work from a Christmas buffet lunch. Yum.
    DD2 sold a children's monkey bag on e3ay for me and she's going to post it tomorrow. I'm paying her 10% of the profit to do all the work;)
    Now just need to convince DH that buying Innocent smoothies individually boxed is not a money saving buy, even if they are half price :mad:
  • Hi all!
    Not quite a NSD today, but can claim back most spends.
    Taxi to station (running late and in pain) can claim for that
    boss bought the cuppas on the way :)
    Painkillers at station and 1.45 on chocolate
    Dinner out but can claim for it. Was a bit of a kerfuffle with the bill, I swapped tables when my dinner arrived as it was so dark on the table I was on that I couldn't really see the food! At the end they overcharged me and couldn't do the card refund, so gave me cash back. In the
  • ... settling up a hazelnut hot chocolate I'd had got left off the bill completely which I didn't notice until I got back at the hotel, so too late!
    Did my manicure very badly at the hotel but hey! It will do. Have all my device last charging now and am looking forward to a hot bath in the morning!

Managed a bit of bnb admin. All little steps!
  • Morning :-) whoop last working day of the week and to be honest after my boss called me yesterday and said something along the lines of "can you call your new boss and get her to hurry up we want to get on with recruiting for the role" I'm less than enthusiastic this morning! I feel a dose of karma coming for them today (i.e I don't think I'm going to be motivated to do anymore than the bare minimum)

Small things:

* do a load of washing & hang up
    * take lunch & fruit with me
    * NSD - can I do it???
    * do some hw/tidying tonight as have guests tomorrow evening and a busy day
    * get pizza base sauce out of freezer
    * madam has a play date after school - handily I really like the mum so will be snacks & fruit juice, coffee & nattering - all free :)

Ok actually I'd better go then....

Have a great day x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Morning, morning, morning,
    Thank goodness it's the end of the week. The first week back at school has been a bit of a shocker for us all! Busy weekend of dancing and gangshow rehearsals coming up mind!
    Today:
    - it's Cake Club at work today and it's my friend's turn to bake. She is amazing at chocolate brownies so here's hoping :j
    - eat more free crackers with leftover Christmas cheese for lunch
    - check bank and do some more YNAB working out - it's not the easiest thing to use when you are working in deficit
    - chill in front of Netflix tonight because there is nothing I need to take the Smalls to :T

Have a great day everyone.
  • Morning :hello: I’m wfh today so will be able to get lots done hopefully (both work and Home)

List includes:
    Check banking (looking bleak this monthdue to DH shopping job, but we’ll survive) I’ve already moved a chunk to savings, I can always borrow a bit back if I need to
    Small shop later, will double up with taking some returns back meaning I can get free parking, need to get food bags to finish portioning out the chicken from the muscle f00d order that come yesterday. Will stash in freezer and update inventory
    Chickpeas currently cooking on stove, have set timer so it switches off automatically, so I don’t waste any electric
    Washing on, will go on radiators later. I’m home alone all day, so I’ll have a blanket ;)
    Cut up ‘healthy’ pear and hazelnut brownies I made yesterday and freeze half. Used up some coconut oil that had been lurking in my cupboard for ages and left over Christmas chocolate
    Do DH tax return, hope his password is saved on the computer
    Call tax office about mine
    Make another blood donation appointment
    Call electrician about a job we need doing

Right, will check back later. Enjoy your day. Purps.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Morning all :)
    4 year old GD is coming to play with grandma today, so a limited list :rotfl:
    Washed hair and allowed to dry naturally
    Need to portion up and freeze the lamb DD got us from the farm shop yesterday, also some pheasants that one of OH's friends brought round yesterday - this will require some serious tetris skills :rotfl::eek:
    Dog will need walking
    All meals from stores
    Load of washing
    Won't be a NSD as GD wants to buy a dark blue crayon :rotfl:
    Hope everyone has a good day :)
  • Bagpuss741
    Bagpuss741 Posts: 2,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Today I have/will:

1. Checked online banking
    2. NSD
    3. Meals from stores
    4. Home physio exercises
    5. Read magazine
    6. Watch netflix
    7. Surveys & Bzzagent
    8. Enter Competitions

Sorry really rubbish lists from me lately but I'm still in my knee brace and can't physically do anything for myself
    Tesco: £1361.19, Vanquis: £2644.73, Very: £563.08, Next: £1636.95, M&S: £1049.92. As of 5th February 2024. Slava Ukraini
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I didn't even know you could buy single crayons!

I am back in the land of the living today, I didn't get to sleep until about 5am after so much 'ill' sleep yesterday but feel refreshed and my ADs are kicking in now :)

I'm going to jump in the bath in a minute as I want to pop into a local cooperative market this morning that I either want to get involved in or recreate in my own town. If I'm early enough I also want to pop some cheese into the local dog rescue, I usually leave it in their post box on my way home but I'm hoping for a bit of dog stroking!

Work starts at 1pm today, it's the shift everyone else hates but I quite like it now I've got a system in place to finish everything in the allotted time. If I get involved in the Friday market I will need to request this shift every Friday.

Ingredients for lunch are already at work so I will prepare there and use their tea bags. I have however got into the habit of having a hot chocolate in the cafe on my break which is a costly treat but so much more relaxing than the staff room and the toilets are nicer so I'm allowing myself it on late shifts only.

I'm not sure what to do for dinner tonight, maybe anchovy spaghetti, I have everything in for that.

Have a good day everyone :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure