Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• lightbulb0811
    Options
    Morning everyone. Well done to Mrs_Ryan and dustydigger on your losses this week! My first class back is Saturday so fingers crossed for a loss. I finished on 15 syns yesterday and the plan for today is:

B: Egg Muffins
    L: Lemony pasta (l/o from last night)
    D: Japanese chicken and SW chips from the new mag.

HEA will be milk and HEB 2 x Alpen Bars. Not sure of syns yet.
    I've got my first gym class of the year tonight so expect to hurt a bit tomorrow.
    Have a good day everyone x
    Save £12k in 2019 #111 £440.39/£4000
    Sealed pot challenge #5 £153.59/250
    Weight Loss 28/60 lb challenge
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Today's menu:-

BF: Mushroom omelette

Snack : Banana

Lunch: HM spinach,sage and potato soup from the Little Book of Soups plus salad with ham and 2 x chicken drumsticks. The soup alone was not enough yesterday and I was ravenous when I got in. I need to journey home alone tonight as MRM is working away so will need to be sustained so I can wait for my evening meal.

Snack: cashew nuts (HE B)

Tea: LO (get me, speaking the lingo!!) Campfire stew from the freezer with sweet potato wedges and 30g cheddar cheese (HEA)

Am having a Subway cappucino at the mo and will probably have a Green & Blacks bar later tonight. Want to catch up on How To Get Away With Murder tonight. Anyone else watch this?

Have a good day everyone.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Mrs R I absolutely agree with Kathryn. If you want to wear a bikini then wear one. I do and I have a big scar on my stomach,although it's from a long time ago and now faded but have been wearing a bikini for years. Be proud of your scars - they are part of you.

Everyone seems to be doing really well - some good losses coming in.

Today's plan:

B - sugar puffs (HEB); 100ml 1% milk (2 syns)
    L - jacket potato; beans
    D - beef stew; mash

HEA - milk
    HEB - cereal
    Syns - 100ml milk 2; no others planned but we'll see!

Denise
  • Lioness_Twinkletoes
    Options
    Morning all

Thank you for the warm welcome and congrats to those that lost over Christmas. Impressive!

I had a good first day, stayed on plan despite the temptations. Even got a compliment from the son on the beef ragu. Today's menu:

B - Porridge
    L - LO ragu and frittata with extra veg
    D - Baked salmon fillets with tray baked vegetables.
    S - Fresh fruit with FF fromage frais and a teaspoon of honey.

HA - milk
    HB - oats

Syns - Honey & balsamic glaze
  • Matron_Midge
    Options
    Morning.
    It's blowing a hoolie here. I could hardly stand straight when I went out with the dog.
    Having a quiet day today. Hubby back at work, preparations being made for a return to college this weekend. Youngest son is cricketing tonight (indoor tournament, we are not completely mad) and it's at a silly time so our main meal may well be at lunchtime today.
    I bought the new lasagnes at Iceland yesterday, I may have one today with salad but it depends what the youngsters want.
    My plan for today is :-
    He a milk
    Heb ??
    B banana
    L lasagne and salad or fajitas (mine in lettuce leaves)
    D soup or Heb and cottage cheese
    Syns/snacks satsumas, hifi bar and maybe some wheat crunchies with my soup
    Have a good day.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    greentiger wrote: »

why did you weigh your roast beef?
    Ha ha, maman and Sunshine, the scales were out, and believe it or not, I do weigh what needs weighed, e.g. cheese. A case of Pavlov’s dog, methinks.

Hello again, gingerfurball and shrimpy.

What you naturally produce saliva? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I suppose it helps with digestion!
    VALM wrote: »
    I've always had and always will have boobs x

:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T
    Morning.
    It's blowing a hoolie here. I could hardly stand straight when I went out with the dog.

It is terrible here, even some bridges shut...after being stuck in traffic was 3 hours, I turned around... means a day working from home again.
  • CattyCatX
    CattyCatX Posts: 76 Forumite
    edited 3 January 2018 at 12:42PM
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join if I may?
    I'd like to lose around 1.5 stone/10kilos in 2018 and keep it off...
    This would be back to my 'normal' steady weight that I have been for the past 10 years and previously found it easy to maintain but 2016-2017 was a fairly stressful period for me and my weight has gone up and up and doesn't show signs of stopping. Mainly through eating too much junk (chocolate, cake, biscuits, hot chocolates) on top of pretty healthy main meals...
    I've already made some lifestyle changes (less stress and taken up the Couch 2 5Km programme, which I completed last month). I'm continuing to run 2-3 times a week and would like to increase distance slowly and also add some long walks on 'rest' days.
    Am not an unhealthy weight (yet) for my height but I'm right at the limit of the range and losing this weight would put me back in the middle and would make me feel more 'myself' again. Also, hardly any of my clothes fit anymore and I can't afford to/don't want to replace them... Would like to get fitter and more flexible this year so am hoping to take up pilates once a week too.
    Sorry for long post, hope I can join you all!
    ETA: Put a hole through my last pair of jeans this morning while trying to force them over my hips... Sigh.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,822 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    CattyCatX wrote: »

Welcome, CattyCat.

If you say how much you want to aim to lose over the next 9 weeks then kathrynha can add you to our challenge list.
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    CattyCatX wrote: »
    This would be back to my 'normal' steady weight that I have been for the past 10 years and previously found it easy to maintain but 2016-2017 was a fairly stressful period for me and my weight has gone up and up and doesn't show signs of stopping. Mainly through eating too much junk (chocolate, cake, biscuits, hot chocolates) on top of pretty healthy main meals...
    I've already made some lifestyle changes (less stress and taken up the Couch 2 5Km programme, which I completed last month). I'm continuing to run 2-3 times a week and would like to increase distance slowly and also add some long walks on 'rest' days.
    Am not an unhealthy weight (yet) for my height but I'm right at the limit of the range and losing this weight would put me back in the middle and would make me feel more 'myself' again. Also, hardly any of my clothes fit anymore and I can't afford to/don't want to replace them... Would like to get fitter and more flexible this year so am hoping to take up pilates once a week too.
    Sorry for long post, hope I can join you all!
    ETA: Put a hole through my last pair of jeans this morning while trying to force them over my hips... Sigh.

Welcome. We are always happy to have new members.
    If you let me know what your target is for the next 8 weeks I will add you to the spreadsheet
    Zebras rock
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    greentiger wrote: »
    Come on in, Pollycat. Are you our first (new) foot?
    Hi there.

As I said in my earlier thread, I've never actually been a SW member but I used my sister's books, adapted my own recipes, exercised hard and lost 3 stone.
    I've managed to keep all but .5 stone off (that's over 15 years) and as I reduced my alcohol consumption (and calories) mid last year, the last half stone has started to shift.

I'm small, weigh 8.5 stone (but am quite muscly as I've almost always done lots of exercise), size 12-14 top and 10-12 bottom.
    I'll be restarting my exercise routine next Monday.

I still observe 'red' and 'green' days, so if we're having pasta for dinner, lunch may be beans and toast.
    So, as I also said on my earlier post - I feel a bit of a fraud as I was just looking for some recipes. :o

I wish you ladies all the best in your weight loss or keeping it off. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure