IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Paying Fines

Options

Comments

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,036 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MW1974 wrote: »
    I said that I wished to speak to someone about a parking ticket and that's when she immediately referred me to the PPC. I tried explaining that I wasn't prepared to recognise the validity of the PCN and how it had been given but she didn't really want to know. I've checked the 'newbie' thread and there isn't really a process for dealing with the retail/land owner. I may go back to them and complain again but this time I'll definitely do it in writing rather than via telephone.

In all fairness what "process" do you need explaining to complain to an organization?

Face to face with a manager, not a CS rep, letter or email to higher management CEO etc all the usual stuff really.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    I said that I wished to speak to someone about a parking ticket

Never deal with such matters by telephone. Judges love paper trails.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • MW1974
    MW1974 Posts: 23 Forumite
    edited 17 January 2018 at 11:34AM
    Options
    The PCN from the PPC (UKPC) is approaching the 25/26 day timescale since the driver received it (windscreen). So, as the keeper I need to appeal and I should do this using their online form? Don't think they offer an email route.
    I've looked at the template on the 'newbie' thread - do I use this exact wording? As this PCN is because the attendant thought the driver had left the site is it more prudent to basically challenge them to prove this? They have absolutely no evidence that the driver left the site only what they consider 'reasonable cause' which is incredibly woolly. The photos on their site are basically of the car parked up and a picture of the sign. The sign is right next to the car so saying the driver never saw it seems a bit far fetched. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    The template is designed to get you a POPLA code.

Use it as advised in the FAQ. It's tried and tested!
  • MW1974
    Options
    It mentions 'aggressive business practise' and threats of court action - is this relevant having only received a windscreen ticket for the driver? Obviously they'll go with the advice on here but just wasn't sure if the template needs modifying more around the circumstances specific to this case.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes, this is an aggressive business practice

You havea choice. Use the advice given - which is that this is a template for a reason - or modify it and show us your changes.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 January 2018 at 12:25PM
    Options
    Please do as advised above

The walking off site is rubbish and of late, a UKPC wheeze
    as per their normal aggression.

I would imagine that you already know that UKPC are
    well known for fakery, fake pictures, droid like wardens
    hiding behind wheelie bins etc

Once you get your POPLA code, they can be zapped
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,240 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MW1974 wrote: »
    It mentions 'aggressive business practise' and threats of court action - is this relevant having only received a windscreen ticket for the driver? Obviously they'll go with the advice on here but just wasn't sure if the template needs modifying more around the circumstances specific to this case.

Every piece of advice you have received from the forum regulars, and the very comprehensive information in the NEWBIES tells you to send the template as is without any alterations.
    Do you have any information that we don't suggesting you can do better?

I don't wish to sound rude, but we get hundreds of queries on a daily basis and there just isn't time to hold your hand.
    Follow the advice or do your own thing, but please don't keep coming back asking questions that have already been answered.
    ... and please don't post the template here and ask if it is the right one. There is only one BPA template, and UKPC are BPA members.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • MW1974
    Options
    Yes, I know which template to use - the one with the blue font. I'm sorry if this seems like asking for hand holding, just trying to get things clear first.

Does it make any difference if day 25/26 comes over a weekend? (Last one).
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    No. .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business