Neighbours guests using my drive without my permission.

Options
1235»

Comments

• PhilE
    PhilE Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    pollypenny wrote: »
    Cleaned your drive! :eek:

We've never cleaned the drive.

No, that doesn't surprise me. Your house must be lovely.
  • PhilE
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »

I could have plenty of issues with my drive if I wanted to. I won't bore people with details, but we share part with a neighbour who's housebound, which means numerous delivery vans and carers' vehicles every day. It's unfortunate that the repairing obligation is 70% us and 30% them, but I can live with it because I have my health and 3 pensions, while they have next to nothing.

The private entrance leading to our drive would definitely give you apoplexy, because it is the only turn space within half a mile that's large enough to allow lorries to change direction. So, they do. About once a day I hear the 'beep, beep, beep' of some lorry's reversing klaxon. If I yelled at them that really would be hypocritical, because all of us who live in the country take wrong turnings now and again, so we do exactly the same thing!

Well, people come on to this forum with all sorts of issues, so why wouldn't you feel comfortable expressing yours? If you are also having issues with your drive, why not just say 'yes I sympathize.'

There's always going to be the usual peasants behind computers saying things they'd never have the courage to say to someones face, but you haven't struck me as one of them thus far.

So apologies if I've come across as disrespectful, and I hope the situation with your drive improves for you.
  • PhilE
    Options
    This thread's going nowhere useful, I'll let some brave peasant behind his/her computer have the last say.
  • gax23
    gax23 Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    I agree with Phil’s sentiments and can see why it would cause an annoyance. Unfortunately for him, he’s acted like a complete knob about it, so is unlikely to get very far with his genuine grievance.
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PhilE wrote: »
    No, that doesn't surprise me. Your house must be lovely.

Ok, then, clever sick sarcasm apart, tell me why and how you clean a drive.

Hoover? Sweep? Steam clean? Scrub on hands and knees? :cool:
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • Warwick_Hunt
    Warwick_Hunt Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    pollypenny wrote: »
    Ok, then, clever sick sarcasm apart, tell me why and how you clean a drive.

Hoover? Sweep? Steam clean? Scrub on hands and knees? :cool:

Jet wash...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family